Hotel

Hotel System

Total Downloads: 2,614 - First Release: Aug 12, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 18 likes
  1. I love this mod, someone working on it? Or being abandoned?

2. Mod is still working, just set it up on our server actually. Going to launch it after next wipe on our server. Still adding the finishing touches to the hotel.

I did notice though that for some reason it opens all the window shutters on the hotel. Is there anyway to make it ignore window shutters?

3. quick question i have made the hotel how do i protect it from people damaging it - is that another mod ?

Be honest after the last lot of residents you should be happy the windows are open to get some fresh air.Its not a bug ............ Its a feature :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  4. You need the zone manager plugin ;)

5. thanks taNaToS

6. hi all. Sorry i have been mia. I have been focusing on my new born son and Halloween. I haven't had a chance to do any development. I hope to pick ot back up in November.

The plug should still work with the exception of permissions. Deployables will also be duplicated each time the hotel room is 'cleaned'. You won't notice this until you start removing objects with the removal tool. Deployables should still function properly though. This could increase your server entity count for large busy hotels.

cheers.

7. Few questions if possible :

Do i leave a bed in the room for the person to put down themselfs or should i leave the bed and just make them sleep on the floor as lets be honest the hotel will just be used as a safe place to store loot while they log off.
    We have TP on our server but im thinking of having a Warp which takes them straight to the Hotel.
    Anyone with a hotel shred any light on how u go about it.
    Besides the box i leave in the room i dont want them to be able to place any item at all.Not even a fire.Is this available in this hotel plugin ?

8. Hey Tomhud.

Most people use zone manager to control what can and can't be done in the hotel zone. When you create a hotel a new zone is also generated if zone manager is running. You can then use zone managers interface to edit the zone and add the nodestruc, nopickup, nobuild, nodeploy, etc options.

9. thanks Firestorm - i not installed zone manager as yet but ive not enabled the hotel either so i will do both at same time.

If i have a room without a codelock on or a doubledoor with a codelock will it still class them as rooms for rent - reason being i want to live their myself.

10. I just installed this and watched your first video (needed to as it gave a lot of useful info)
    I throught i was going to mess it all up.
    I got it all working and even zones is working - i cant destroy the hotel and i get charged per room.
    All working fine so far.
    Top plugin but i get this in cmd window - not to worried about it though

Code:
    Duplicate permission registered 'hotel.admin' (by plugin 'Hotel')

11. Question : when people rent a room where does the fee money go as i feel robbed :)
    Is it possible to assign it to a users account ?

12. Herpa derp, I have that installed. Followed the install and setup directions to the T. I disabled everything as instructed and a few other things. Everything works, just all the windows open up. I do not see a setting in ZoneManager that says nowindowsopen :)

13. no idea on windows i tend to stay away from them.Dont be to kind to your paying guests

14. No. The fee just gets removed from the user and disappears. But interesting idea for future expansion if users are allowed to create their own hotel.

I have no idea why but it might have to do with the way the room sees the shutters. It may be deploying it each time the room is cleaned and defaulting to open. I dont know. I will keep an eye out for this bug when i get back to coding.

15. anychance of a box appearing saying r u sure u want to rent this room for this price - because at moment if they press E on the Door they have to pay regardless if they wanted it or not.

16. Not currently. Most people want the interface to be clean, simple and easy to use. If people are in a hotel and randomly clicking doors I say they deserve to be penalized. IMHO.

17. This is what me and the player gets just before we get kicked out of the server when we try to press e on the NPC or when we try to open the codelocks in the Hotel..

Attached Files:

• ghtr.png
      ghtr.png
      File size:
      267.1 KB
      Views:
  18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Hotel with a new update entry:

19. Thanks! :D

20. i still want the money they pay to be deposited to my account though :)

also a quick heads up - if u used zone manager to protect your hotel check that u cant do damage as at moment i can damage mine now after the rust update.Was working fine before.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017