HeliControl

Moved

Total Downloads: 35,358 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes
  1. Can confirm... helicontrol.callheliself does NOT work... says playrs don't have permission...

plz fix? <3 <3 <3

2. They should only have to type in the same Commands as the Admin or Moderator. If a specific person does not have the permission. Then grant it to him/her individually. Using their Steam ID number instead of their name....(eg: oxide.grant ############### helicontrol.callheliself) permission. Also. If you have any Key Binding setup mods. Then do your regular check. And get them to go into F1 Console and Bind that Specific Key. Otherwise. You should DOUBLE check first. Just to ensure that you have entered all the Type Correctly. Not a big prob. You'll figuer it out....lolololol. You got this far, Right!.........hope I was helpful. Have a good day! :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499611390][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Mr. Shady sir. Hello again sir. Just wanted to comment about the HeliControl/Data .json. LOLOLOLOLO....the large list in there is only 2 items per chest. And I believe there are 4 chests that have been already cnfg'd but just need adjusying as you have suggested. That part was extremely easy sir. Thank you. The part I have been working on is addin g 2 more Boxes. Each with 4 Items. I now have 5 out of the 6 that are working and providing all of the loot items for each. Now when I was putting these in I may not have been Professional and did everything in order. But!!! The file is and looks 100% the way it should. But when inserted. Some will work. While 1 or 2 don't. Therefor the 2 other chests that are not being made. Are being duplicated by 2 of the other chest items. I've tried to follow in "professional " order and Placement. But find it "Hair Pulling" sir! I have tried at least 253,000,000 Times!!!....lolololololol and still. I can only get 5 to work. ....But all this aside sir. I believe that you should keep this one going and don't let it Expire! This is great for many of us and provides something that the others don't. Great job. Thank you for you time and interest sir. ........My boy says: "You Rock!!!"....lololololol That's because I let him pick out all the COOL stuff to fill the Heli Chests with!!!! Thank you. :)

3. Hi Shady,
    I added a strafe console command today because I get asked to bring the heli to people quite often when I'm only have RCON access.
    Was very easy (as you know) so I thought I'd throw it in here as a suggestion for future updates.

4. Not really sure I understand your issue, any chance you could upload (not paste) your helicontrol data json? I could try to see why it isn't working as you wanted. To be honest, the loot system in this plugin is still a bit unclear to even myself, considering it's 95% old code that Koenrad originally made. It *needs* an overhaul, lol.

Funnily enough, I could have sworn I released the version where I changed almost all commands to covalence, so they can be used interchangeably by console and in-game... Guess not, thanks for reminding me!

5. No sweat. Thanks for the quick reply.

It's something that comes up all the time and I'm always like "yeah..I can't do that."
    Finally decided to look into it today and it took about 10 seconds to sort. #lazybastard

6. This is the File I was referring to to sir. I cannot recieve 6 different chests. I do get 5 with a repeat of the one with the Python. I have tried from a newly created .json again and can't quite get it to work. Not a major issue tho. Just thot I would ask. I had the same problem when adding items to the Skins Plugin also. For some reason. The File was config'd correct but it would not work. So the developer looked at it and sent his version which was Identical to mine. Is the order in which info is entered into a Plug important? I mean. Does it need to follow a "Pre set" order? Can I create my list. And then come back and fill in all the comma's etc....? Or is there a Formula for installing each item in a specific order.?

Attached Files:

7. Hi, is there a way to make the helicopters come for example every 2 hours?

8. I'm using Timed Execute | Oxide to do this.

From my timed execute config :
    Code:
      "TimerRepeat": {
        "callheli": 7200
      }

9. In HeliControl the setting is in Seconds. Since 1 hr is equal to 3600 seconds. You want to type in 7200.
    eg: "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter after this many seconds": 3600.0,
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499713437][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sorry guy. Didn't notice that you are using Timed Execute. Not Familiar with that plug. But your heli can be set in the Original HeliControl. Maybe "CopterTracker" might be your better Heli choice to work with the Timed Execute. Sorry my friend. I don't know that one.

10. Apologies if HeliControl does this natively. I didn't realise.

11. How set max 5 heli per day if player use /callheli <playername> ??? .... because VIP player call unlimited heli per day

12. Hello i got an problem the helli comes every 2 hours but if the helli comes and no one took it there comes another helli... here is my config
    Code:
    {
      "Cooldowns": {
        "Cooldown.0": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.1": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.2": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.3": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.4": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.5": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.6": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.7": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.8": 86400.0,
        "Cooldown.9": 86400.0
      },
      "Damage - Global damage multiplier": 1.0,
      "Gibs - Health of gibs": 500.0,
      "Gibs - Time until gibs can be harvested in seconds": 480.0,
      "Health - Base Helicopter health": 10000.0,
      "Health - Main rotor health": 750.0,
      "Health - Tail rotor health": 375.0,
      "Limits": {
        "Limit.0": 5,
        "Limit.1": 5,
        "Limit.2": 5,
        "Limit.3": 5,
        "Limit.4": 5,
        "Limit.5": 5,
        "Limit.6": 5,
        "Limit.7": 5,
        "Limit.8": 5,
        "Limit.9": 5
      },
      "Loot - Max Crates to drop": 4,
      "Loot - Time before unlocking crates": -1.0,
      "Loot - Use Custom loot spawns": false,
      "Misc - Helicopter can shoot while dying": true,
      "Misc - Helicopter speed": 25.0,
      "Misc - Helicopter startup length in seconds": 0.0,
      "Misc - Helicopter startup speed": 25.0,
      "Misc - Maximum helicopter life time in minutes": 15,
      "Misc - Prevent crates from spawning when forcefully killing helicopter": true,
      "Misc - Water required to extinguish napalm flames": 10000,
      "Rockets - Blunt damage to deal": 175.0,
      "Rockets - Explosion damage to deal": 100.0,
      "Rockets - Explosion radius": 6.0,
      "Rockets - Max helicopter rockets": 12,
      "Rockets - Time between each rocket in seconds": 0.2,
      "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter after this many seconds": 7200.0,
      "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter if one is already flying": false,
      "Spawning - Disable Helicopter": false,
      "Spawning - Disable helicopter gibs": false,
      "Spawning - Disable helicopter napalm": false,
      "Spawning - Disable Rust's default spawns": false,
      "Spawning - Max active helicopters": -1,
      "Spawning - Use custom helicopter spawns": false,
      "Turrets - Helicopter bullet accuracy": 2.0,
      "Turrets - Helicopter bullet damage": 20.0,
      "Turrets - Helicopter bullet speed": 250,
      "Turrets - Max range": 300.0,
      "Turrets - Time between turret bursts in seconds": 3.0,
      "Turrets - Turret burst length in seconds": 3.0,
      "Turrets - Turret fire rate in seconds": 0.125
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  13. I am sorry sir. I have not used that part of the .json. I think "Shady757 would be the man to ask. He's smart for young lad and explains things properly to us. He didn't make the plug but he says it needs to be Overhauled. What I myself would do. Just to test this theory. Is to go to your .json. And in the COOLDOWN Column. Delete : Cooldown.6 to Cooldown.9. Remove the possibilties of them getting 9 Cooldowns and limit everyone to only 5. See if that works. I hope it does eliminate your Player from aquiring no more than 5 HeliCalls per day. Would you shoot me a line to know if it works please. Take Care.

14. Set
    Code:
    "Spawning - Disable Rust's default spawns": false,
    to:
    Code:
    "Spawning - Disable Rust's default spawns": true,
    What permissions did you grant to the VIPs? By default, there should be 10 permissions created in the config. You can change any of these to the number you want to be able to be called per day for that specific permission. For example, if I set in the config "Limit.0": 5, to "Limit.0": 10, and then use oxide.grant user UserName helicontrol.limit.0 - then that user now has a max of 10 per day.

15. You need to change this. ("Spawning - Disable Rust's default spawns": false,) You need to change it to "True" instead of False. You have 2 settings that overlap each other. On one hand. You have set your chopper to come every 2 hours(7200 secs.) But. In your ControlHeli .json you are allowing Rust to add it's own Default Spawns. So Change this Immediately to "True", to disable the Rust Default Spawns. That is why you are getting another chopper. You are in fact giving it 2 different orders. One from you(7200) and the automatic Default that Rust has implemented for the plug. Just change that part. And reload it into your server. Should work for you then my friend!!! :) I'm just an oldman nobody trying to help sir. What I have found is that many Developers will help. But only Primitively!!!!! They assume we are all Computer Literate! And talk to us as such. I have found that in 98% of ALL my cases. "I" had to take the initiative to teach myself thru Trial and Lots of ERROR'S!!!!!!!! Always keep a clean untouched .json that you can refer to. Or use to re-design your .json. Over and over until you can get it right. Best I can say/do for you sir. Good Luck my friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  16. Hello. I would like to know if we can reduce the time spent on debris from helicopter felled ?

17. Try lowering your Heli Gibs. Less Gibs to harvest will make it quicker to remove the Heli pieces.

"Gibs - Health of gibs": 500.0, "reduce this amount". eg: "Gibs - Health of gibs": 100.0,...........or smaller.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499878471][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Try lowering your Heli Gibs. Less Gibs to harvest will make it quicker to remove the Heli pieces.

"Gibs - Health of gibs": 500.0, "reduce this amount". eg: "Gibs - Health of gibs": 100.0,...........or smaller.

18. Huumm...Ok... And if I set them to zero? It's possible ?

19. Not sure.....Don't have my test server anymore. But. I don't think you should go to 0/zero. Even at 100. You will only have to hit pieces maybe 3-4 times to remove them. That should take about 5 seconds! Thus lowering the Default by a huge percent and cut your time tremendously. This is unknown territory to me and have never been concerned about the Gibs before. Except to INCREASE them. So basically sir. I am giving you my Best Guess. Let us know what happens will you ! Thanks.

20. I do not see where I could make a mistake. When I do "/callheli", it makes appear a helicopter but when I then use "/killheli", it tells me that there is no helicopter. The worst part is that the helicopter that I made appear, seems invisible.

Attached Files: