HeliControl

Manage CH47 & helicopter health, player damage, configure turrets/rockets, and more!

Total Downloads: 35,240 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes
  1. Koenrad submitted a new resource:

HeliDamage - Increase damage dealt to helicopters.

Read more about this resource...

2. I do not have any programming experience :

3. :(. if you open HeliDamage.cs in Notepad, find these lines:
    Code:
                    if(weaponName == "rifle.bolt") { 
                        hitInfo.damageTypes.ScaleAll(8.0f);
                    } else {
                        hitInfo.damageTypes.ScaleAll(5.0f);
    8.0f makes the the bolt action 8x damage on the heli. 5.0f makes all others 5x. Change these to whatever multiplier you would like. You can put in number less than 1.0 to make it harder to down the heli if you are super sadistic.

In english you can read that as "if the weaponName is "rifle.bolt" then multiply the damage by 8.0. If not, then multiply the damage by 5.0"

4. Thank you very much. :D

5. Can we eliminate the helicopter altogether? Could you make that?
    Rust has just copied Dayz with this and people are getting fed up with the game itself because it is no longer Rust. The numbers on servers and players is falling rapidly.

6. I just made one for that. It is waiting approval but it is very short like this one, here is the code:

Code:
    namespace Oxide.Plugins
    {
        [Info("DisableHeli", "Koenrad", "1.0.0")]
        class DisableHeli : RustPlugin
        {
            void OnEntitySpawned(BaseNetworkable entity)
            {
                //994850627 is the prefabID of a heli.
                if (entity == null) return;
                if (entity.prefabID == 994850627 )
                {
                    entity.KillMessage();
                    Puts("Helicopter destroyed!");
                }
            }
        }
    }
    Save that as "DisableHeli.cs"

7. THANKS! Will give this a whirl and sure the players on my server will like it much better.

8. Koenrad updated HeliControl with a new update entry:

9. Koenrad updated HeliControl with a new update entry:

10. Never mind didn't update

11. Can you add in console commands also to call it to someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  12. oxide permissions or auth lvl would be awesome for calling heli Not sure if it's restricted to admin but I hope so lol Nice job though

13. Yes, I just finished adding in the console command. It is the same as the chat command.

Yes, the callheli command is only for those with the IsAdmin flag. I am not sure if this only includes owners, or if moderators are included as well. I have just finished adding in permissions support, however it is not required.

14. Can you add in loot support. I want to change it so that for every box i give them a list of items and set amount is that possible for you?

15. Koenrad updated HeliControl with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1442674725][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I will look into this, but it might make more sense for the author of better loot to add in custom helicopter support.

16. Getting the following error when attempting to call it:

[Oxide] 6:38 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'SaveCommand' on plugin 'HeliControl v1.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 6:38 PM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.HeliControl.SaveCommand (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

*UPDATE* Everything works fine if I actually specify a player name to call it on. The above is the result of simply trying to call in the chopper and providing no player name.

17. Code:
    [9/20/2015 1:46:34 AM] [Oxide] 1:46 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'SaveCommand' on plugin 'HeliControl v1.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [9/20/2015 1:47:00 AM] [Oxide] 1:47 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'SaveCommand' on plugin 'HeliControl v1.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [9/20/2015 1:47:04 AM] [Oxide] 1:47 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'SaveCommand' on plugin 'HeliControl v1.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    I tried using / callheli or / callheli <playername> but it does not work

18. Koenrad updated HeliControl with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1442687978][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you for letting me know! Were you getting this in chat or in the server console? In the server console don't use a '/' in front of the command. If you are getting these errors still after 1.0.4, try deleting the config file and letting it re-generate (you can run the server command "oxide.reload HeliControl" to reload without restarting your server)

Thank you for your detailed information, it helped me find the problem very fast. Please let me know if you have the problem still after 1.0.4. The config file should be able to update itself, but if there is a problem first try deleting it and having it re-generate.

19. Is it possible to create a cancel / stop function for the heli?

20. I could probably do a kill all, but stopping them individually might be problematic. I will start writing a function that will kill them all.