HeliControl

Moved

Total Downloads: 35,358 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes
  1. The behavior hasn't actually changed at all. The only difference is they have to supply a name. You may have never noticed it before, but any player who had the permission to use /strafe could target a player if they just supplied a name. You can still download 1.1.7 and look at the code for strafe if you want.

Also, if the player is granted the permission "helicontrol.callheliself" and not "helicontrol.callheli" or "helicontrol.callhelitarget", they can only call it on themselves.

2. Yeah, but before they didn't know they could strafe on people hehe

Thanks for the heads up on those permissions. I didn't realize that.

3. In the future, permissions will likely be added to commands to make them like callheli, so they can be used only on themselves or on others as well.

4. Ok great.

So I might be confused. I gave a group helicontrol.callheliself permission.

Do they use /callheli to call it? If not, how do they do that?

Someone tested and they said they don't have permission to callheli.

5. If you're on the latest version, I believe just granting helicontrol.callheliself should be adequate, and yes, they would just use /callheli MyOwnName

If it doesn't work, try setting a limit permission in the config to 0 or however many you want. (0 would be infinite, default is 5), and then grant the player that limit permission, e.g.: oxide.grant user UserName helicontrol.limit.0 (or whichever limit you configured in the config).

This shouldn't be needed, but that oversight may still be in the code. I'll have to get around to improving the whole /callheli command as it's a bit messy.

6. I would like to know what need to be change if I want the heli to spawn more often, between 1h45 to 2h15

7. This plugin has support for automatically calling a helicopter, but unfortunately it does not support ranges.

8. I'd like to be able to call an "enhanced" chopper that is tougher than the normal but has more crates, allowing for two types of choppers on the same server.. the norm and the enhanced. Any chance this could be added? Just a suggestion! People on my server love this plugin and so do I.. thanks!

9. The only problem I have with adding a feature like this is that I feel it goes out of the realm of what this plugin aims to do. With a feature like this added, the plugin is less of a "config" for helicopters and more of a full on modification, and this request seems like something that would be better suited for a separate plugin. Unfortunately, I can't see a feature like this being implemented into this plugin.

10. when i call a heli to player it only kill them once and leave. is there a way i can keep heli lock on them and kill them while they naked too?

11. This isn't an option within this plugin, no (or at least not currently). Though something along the lines of configuring what the Helicopter requires for a player to be a 'target' may be something I'd like to look into in the future.

12. cool thanks

13. How to get access to commands I have admin

14. strafe locks on the current position of the target and fires a that location. If the person moves it won't get them, but if hiding etc, it will.

15. If you just want to quickly grant yourself full access, type this in your server console/RCON:

Code:
    oxide.grant user YourName helicontrol.admin
    I'd recommend reading this: Using the Oxide permission system | Oxide if you haven't already.

16. Mr. Koenrad: Excellent plugin/mod you have here. I would like to if I may, comment about the info you provide on the HeliControl Plugin Info in Oxide. I find the info you give is generous when describing functions that can be adjusted in the .json. What I don't understand. And can't find a decent example of how to to add to the Custom heli list of Loot. Yes. I went into oxide/data. And I see what is there. What I don't see is how to make that, and where it is done. Could you please give me a quick lesson in setting it up. And with it in my NotPad. Can I do it there and it will install itself into the server? All I wish to do is add 2 kinds of ammo, some diferent weapons, Quality....etc. Why is it so hard to understand???? I don't know sir. But I do feel the need for a more descriptive explanation if you will please. Also:...That website to check my .json is BOGUS. There is no website. Keeps telling me there is none and it is an Error!!! The one you have in my printout....(http://www.jsonlint.com) Is obsolete! Or never existed according to updated info. Please advise sir! thankyou: Dave

17. Hi, firstly, a bit of clarification: Koenrad is the original developer, I took over the project a while ago. ;)

Now more importantly:
    The way loot is set up in this plugin is a bit outdated, not as modifiable or as easy it should be. In the overview of the plugin, you may have missed an example .json file, which has lots of loot tables already pre-defined. It can be found on the overview where it says: "HeliControlData (click this)". Once you download the file, you should be able to get a better example of what a large loot table looks like.

In fact, I'd recommend just taking that large pre-made loot table and just modifying the items and amounts to whatever you like.
    That example json is a bit old and still has things like blueprint fragments in there, which you'd want to remove. There is nothing really more to the loot table except copy and pasting the stuff you want more of. Also, jsonlint still works, but seemingly only in https now. https://jsonlint.com

Lastly, it may be better or easier to use another plugin that modifies loot tables, because they're designed exactly for that purpose. The feature for modifying helicopter's loot in this plugin isn't really fleshed out that much, and lacks a lot of accessibility and features that other plugins have.

18. OMG!!!! Thank you for all that info. You are the first developer that actually "cleanly" explained it. Totally!!!! Thank you sir. If you have a suggestion at another Plugin, that would be a "bonus". But so far I haven't really found one that allows you to totally customize your HeliCrates to be very specific with the loots you would like to offer. If there is one other out there. I sure would appreciate any feedback. My teenager got me Addicted to this Darn game!!!! Can't leave it alone. Especially if I have ANY spare time!!!!.....lololololo Thanks for Everything Sir. :)

19. Ive had an issue over the past 2 weeks on random helis I get Flooded with 100s of these
    (16:28:06) | NullReferenceException

(16:28:06) | NullReferenceException

(16:28:07) | NullReferenceException

20. What exactly is the problem. You need to be specific please. Is it just the HeliControl? or the HeliControl/data? HeliControl is fine and easy. I can shoot you a plug if you tell me what it is you want from the one you are having trouble with sir. If you try to shut down the server,....get an update of the HeliControl. And replace that newer one for the old. I know you know what you are doing. It sounds fine. Can you shoot it to me on here and I will look at it sir. Hope I can help.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499374776][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You might have to pull out your old .json for it. Restart server and let it make a new .json for you that you can config again....lolololololol. Knowing what you know now about it.