FriendlyFire

Toggle friendly fire on/off for Friends API

Total Downloads: 12,837 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Mar 9, 2017

5/5, 15 likes
  1. I apologize if that came across as argumentative! I simply posted my method in case someone else wished to use both as well.

On our server, we have smaller clans that like to team up against larger clans, and this addon was highly requested to reduce the accidental ally-killing that often came with said alliances.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No worries. Wouldn't Rust:IO Friendly Fire do the same thing though?

3. I will be honest... I was not aware that existed.

Edit: I feel sheepish for wasting your time. My brain must have lapsed each time I scrolled past that addon. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  4. definitely not damage alway taken for us updated and added permissions in all groups and users functions, is that work for all that are not dev?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Permissions are not needed for it to work, that's just for disabling/enabling the server setting. If it doesn't work, you most likely do not have Friends API or you set it to false in the config.

6. mmm no wulf :/ i been corrected my oxide.user file who is been had 2 input name bug with our tried friend name but now Oxide Version: 2.0.1082, Rust Protocol: 1272
    ff in console show enable/disable ok but now you can show 0friendsAPI (needed):

"Settings": {
    "Command": "ff",
    "FriendlyFire": "true"
    }

oxide.reload 0friendsAPI
    [Oxide] 10:11 PM [Info] Unloaded plugin FriendsAPI v1.2.3 by #Domestos
    [Oxide] 10:11 PM [Info] Unloaded plugin FriendsAPI v1.2.3 by #Domestos
    [Oxide] 10:11 PM [Info] Loaded plugin FriendsAPI v1.2.3 by #Domestos
    ingame /ff show nothing and give console:
    [Oxide] 10:11 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnRunCommand' on plugin 'Rust Core' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

I add as you say "Permissions are not needed for it to work, that's just for disabling/enabling the server setting" ok !! then but when i do /ff ingame (before i update oxide :/) that was show me ff enabled ok and my friend do the same command and show too ff enabled !! then if i understanding good you, you say it's only a command to enable/disable it (as admin) then if i enable normally i understand he must see a disable return right? but he don't see that he see enable too :/

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, and did you add a friend using the Friends API? It only works if you add friends, which you'd both need to be each other's friends to have friendly fire completely disabled. See the Friends API Overview for how to do so.

8. Code:
      "00000000000000947": {
        "Friends": [
          {
            "name": "txx.xxxxx",
            "steamID": "00000000000000575"
          },
        ],
        "Name": "Anoxxxxx",
        "SteamID": "00000000000000947"
      },
      "00000000000000575": {
        "Friends": [
          {
            "name": "Anoxxxxx",
            "steamID": 00000000000000947"
          }
        ],
        "Name": "txx.xxxxx",
        "SteamID": "00000000000000575"
    yup

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't know then, it's working fine here.

10. yes that why i try to ask here !! all seem good but that not work :/ plus at time latest Oxide Version: 2.0.1082 do [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnRunCommand' on plugin 'Rust Core' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) for all commands ^^
    idk why i updated that :/ my host seem to get it from snapshot

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That error could be from any plugin that uses OnRunCommand, likely not from Oxide itself. This plugin doesn't use OnRunCommand, so it's not from it.

12. Hi,

If i want play on my server, and i do /ff, it will disable FF for all server?

Is it possible to do 2 commands? like a /ff serv for admins and /ff for players ?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's possible.

14. Waaaaaah.....
    Apologies Wulf ! don't understood what is /ff x)

I was thinking /ff disable pvp with friends.... Its just for admins, for disable plugin x), perfect. :)

15. before I update oxide to 1082 all command run without problem then it's the last oxide update i do that make this issue "OnRunCommand" other way have no cense ^^ you mean all plugin i have installed now do this issue? ^^ yup

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd recommend contacting your host then. Please use the other thread to discuss it further, not this thread. Either way, it wouldn't affect this plugin's functionality.

18. Wulf, i for all players can use /ff i need to authorise all with oxide permission?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, but I wouldn't give it to all players. It's not meant to be toggled freely by everyone.