Factions

A Faction system with Leaders, Taxes, Trades, Ranks, Kill Rewards, and MORE!

Total Downloads: 2,749 - First Release: May 20, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 27, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. If you're rebuilding the entire thing, first off, awesome I can't wait for it and secondly if I may make a suggestion... while were at it lol.
    You should consider somehow implementing Zone Manager into your Factions mod. Ideas for Zone Manager tying in with Factions:
    • King of the Hill (factions attempt to take control of territory and hold it, other factions can come in and take it over as well)
    • Faction Territory/Bases (certain zones are only accessible to certain Factions)
    • Faction boons (certain factions get boons in their territory, and get negative effects in other faction territory)
    GODSPEED!

2. Quick question. If I enable "UseGroups" and I setup a command that auto-adds users to one of these "Groups" before they choose a faction, will they be part of the faction?

So if I create a group "Faction-A" and set it so when a player joins my server it automatically adds said user to the group "Faction-A" will they be considered part of "Faction-A" in your mod? Or does it only work the other way around: you join a faction and THEN you become part of a group?

3. It is sweet that factions is being redone, hopefully with a ton more options to (even though already there are a ton). I actually came to say that the kill ticker kept vanishing, maybe it hides unless kills are being made? Also the scoreboard, and player kills are not updating but for the entire faction it does ie, faction kills 1 Elderis kills 0.

But will be great to see what happens with the new version! Really hope there is some form of capture system, maybe use a custom build item that sets a "border" or something. Would be amazing to see that on the server I am project manager of, as staff right now have to micromanage it... its a pain

4. Thanks all for the feedback! I'm almost done with a new mod and will be working on finishing the new version. I'll see what I can incorporate regarding the suggestions.

5. Sweet! And of course since you are making it modular you can also add another part if someone comes up with a new idea!

6. Not trying to bug but is that new version coming today? It has completely quit working on my server, kinda hoping the new version would fix it.

7. No chance my friend... Just finished releasing my Market mod and am cleaning up some stuff on AbsolutCombat. I will also say that the new version will be very different. The initial version will strictly focus on allowing players to make their own factions, with some general controls.

If you can explain what issues you are seeing perhaps I can help?

8. Im honestly not sure where my logs are located(slightly noobish), but it was working fine then I restarted the server and now the gui wont come up. The plugin and the config files are still there. Could it be because the admin who set it up was removed from admin?

9. Probably not. Get RustAdmin or some other program; it helps a ton!

10. Nevermind I got rusty working im stupid, i was using the wrong password LOL. So if i post these logs maybe you can help me?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  11. Just seems like Hook and Variables that are no longer valid after the last critical update.
    I doubt Altimus would be able to fix this without updating the actual Mod, which it doesn't seem like he has any intention of doing considering he is working on other mods and on a new version of this one. I think were just stuck with this one being broken until Altimus releases the new version of 'Factions'. I'm contemplating removing this mod and getting clans up and running in the interim.

12. I can fix it. Just didn't realize it was completely broken! Usually someone posts error messages, I'll get it resolved later today.

13. Hah, well awesome! I'm sure many people, including myself will be looking forward to it. Don't over-work yourself man.

14. I mean honestly this version was perfect for my server. The way your talking about changing it to player started factions means I will probably not use it anymore. I already have clans, dont need more then that for player created groups on my server. Just sayin.

15. It will be a new mod! Don't worry.

It will be posted on a completely new forum called like AbsolutFactions

16. I'm looking forward to it!

17. Elderis, Double check your settings. If you dont have Use_Ranks enabled the scoreboard will not update. The Faction kills will if you have Use_FactionKillIncentives. Just a thought!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1473314198][/DOUBLEPOST]
    tlocsmokes, I just did a fresh load of this version and I'm not seeing any specific issues. I read your error log and I see you had a lot of different errors. Is it possible your data file got corrupted? Can you try to unload the mod, rename the playerdata file, load the mod (creates a new playerdata file) and see if you are still having issues? If you arent it is likely related to the data file.

Sorry, to keep running you around; these things are hard to diagnose.

18. Code:
    [Oxide] 19:44 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEnterZone' on plugin 'Factions v3.3.7' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)[Oxide] 19:44 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.Factions.OnEnterZone (System.String zoneID, .BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Factions.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
    Not sure what this is all about. I haven't really noticed any problems...however I don't have a very large server population and I just installed Factions on my server, so I haven't gotten any feedback from players yet. But just FYI.

19. Is there a way to make it so a faction zone is safe for faction members only? I'm trying to stop other factions from camping each other in the safe zones.

20. Ya I can do that. So no damage from players while within faction zone?