Factions

A Faction system with Leaders, Taxes, Trades, Ranks, Kill Rewards, and MORE!

Total Downloads: 2,712 - First Release: May 20, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 27, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. Hey thanks for the fast reply.

This is the situation. Faction A member is being camped by Faction B member. Faction A member keeps running in and out of the safe zone and exploiting the fact that he can't be damaged. How can I fix it so this doesn't happen? Is there a way that we can add a "cooldown" upon entering the zone? Say if the player exits and re-enters he will have 30 seconds before he is protected? Hope this helps explain it better.

2. Check out PrivateZones by K1llyou

3. Oh, I also wanted to ask if it were possible to have a tax rate of 100%? A group on my server asked if this were possible. The idea was they could all harvest and the resources would go back to the castle - kind of defeats the purpose of PVP so I told them I would ask but honestly I don't really like the idea.

4. Well that is your decision as a server owner. I believe I hardcoded a max tax but that can be easily changed.

I'll look into the zones. Cooldown makes it more difficult. As suggested by shotgun teddy private zones which restricts entry unless in the correct permission group might be your best bet. I always used it. Since members join a permission group automatically it makes it very easily to implement.

5. Hi~ Absolut
    I config the Auto-Authorization is true.
    but only code door working. the Turret don't work. It's shoot Faction Members

6. I'll take a look!

7. Hi Midgard,

Thanks for the fast responses. I and my players really do enjoy this plugin.
    Today we noticed something about the "Taxes" and the "Tax Box". I enabled the tax box per faction and one faction set the box up without a problem. However; the next faction set up the box and nothing was happening. When we took a look at the code we noticed an "if" check around line 1115 (can't remember the line now) but it was around the line of code that deals with the "Trade Skills". So, in order for the tax box to work for all factons, I had to turn on the Trade Skills. Once I did this, it works perfectly. I wasn't sure if it was deliberately designed this way or not. I know you are a one man code machine so I and my server population appreciate you very much and keep up the great work! :)

8. Let me take a peek! I am slowly drowning! LOL..

9. Hang in there! I would be happy to make a donation to help you for your time spent on this. This is a great plugin. I really love it especially with some other plugins. I'm running a "Medieval/Renaissance" themed server. I basically use this to create 3 factions. I built the towns, added the NPC merchants. My players really enjoy it.

10. Thats great to hear and thanks! It is less about money and more about time. I have a young family with 3 children under the age of 3; so sometimes my time "disappears".

I do want to mention that my Faction 2.0 that I will one day release has rethought the taxing a bit. I took the concept I made with TrollTax and implemented it as a Factions tax. So in that version of Factions when you kill an enemy player they will begin paying a tax to your Faction Leader for a set time period or until you die. I thought it made more sense to tax the enemy Factions as further incentive to "fight" each-other.

11. Oh! Yeah with three small children that's a handful!

That's a really awesome idea! I like things that encourage PVP on the server and I think the tax feature will do that indeed.

I'd like to add some NPC to towns that are hostile towards enemy factions but not towards the faction they are protecting. I sent a message to the HUMAN NPC plugin author. I think this would add some interesting gameplay and I could turn off pvpgod in the cities at that point.

12. Thanks~ I really love this plugin~~!

13. yes, it's really fix this issue.

14. The tax issue was a simple fix. I am testing a new option for making Faction Zones Safe Zones. Hoping to release it in a few hours! Stand by!

15. Absolut updated Factions with a new update entry:

16. Love the update! Silly question, to update the plugin to I just overwrite the current plugin? Do i need to erase the config file as well?

Thanks for your awesome update and mod.

17. Thank YOU !!!!! and the turret is OK~~~

18. Hi~Midgard
    I think this is a new issues.
    When a Leader has change. The old leader's turret will shoot the factions member.
    So.. the new leader let old leader come back. But the turret still shoot factions member....

19. Hi @Absolut ! I love the recent update. It is working as intended. I turned on the "Faction Safe Zone" and it stops players who aren't part of the faction from entering. It also allows players inside and outside to take damage. Great job!

Couple of things I wanted to ask.
    1.) With the new faction setting to stop players from entering - I as the admin (not part of any faction) am being put to sleep if I enter the zone. I enter the zones to edit the cities, build new buildings etc. Is there a way to exclude the admin player from this?

2.) I noticed last night when players were raiding each other - a group had built close to the faction zone. I had set undestr true so that my cities won't decay. I'm not sure if the player actually built inside the zone prior to me turning the nobuild feature off or not but their front door was indestructable. I had to adjust the zone for it to be destructible. I'll do some more testing to see.

Other than that. This mod is one of the best out there. I really do enjoy it and so do my players. We are running a "Medieval/Renaissance" themed server with npc vendors and a full economy system. Players did their first raids last night with the beancan satchels and it went good/bad for both sides. It was a very long and drawn out raid that wasn't over in 2 mins like on a normal server.

20. Let me deep dive the authorization logic a bit and see what I can do!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1473886655][/DOUBLEPOST]
    excluding admin is no issue. Ill push a quick update to fix that.