Factions

A Faction system with Leaders, Taxes, Trades, Ranks, Kill Rewards, and MORE!

Total Downloads: 2,709 - First Release: May 20, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 27, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. Absolut submitted a new resource:

Factions - Allows players to join pre-made factions which provides protection

Read more about this resource...

2. Absolut updated Factions with a new update entry:

3. Get the error

Attached Files:

4. Ill check it first thing in the AM. I did a lot of last minute changes for language and might have missed something. Sorry!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463723134][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I just reloaded the plugin fresh with defaults. Picked a faction. Performed faction.unassigned on myself via RCON. Performed /faction and chose a new faction. All with no errors. Please post your Config file, also can you provide any additional detail on what steps you took to get the error?

Also please make sure you are downloading the newest version as I noticed one person downloaded the pre-lang release. (old version deleted to prevent this issue).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  5. I get this error when I type /faction in chat

(21:25:08) | [Oxide] 21:25 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdChangeFaction' on plugin 'Factions v1.0.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)

(21:25:08) | [Oxide] 21:25 [Debug] at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,Oxide.Plugins.Factions+FactionPlayerData].get_Item (UInt64 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.Factions.cmdChangeFaction (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.Factions.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

6. **For those using this plugin, or thinking about it**

I previously had factions auto-join oxide groups on selection. For example, you select FactionA.. you are joined to faction A and in the background you are placed in an oxide group called Faction.a and removed from oxide groups Faction.b and Faction.c. I had done this because I had private zones, warps, and other plugins based on oxide groups. If anyone would like this functionality I would be happy to add it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463772571][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can you post your config. Can you also explain what you did leading up to the error?

7. The config for the faction mod?

8. Yes please post your Factions.json from the config folder under oxide so I can see if anything doesn't look right. Also please explain the process you went through. For example: You joined the server and selected a faction... then using F1 performed faction.unassign <playername> none...then typed /faction in chat to select a new faction and received the error...

Thanks!

9. Thank you, I just had to unassign my faction first, and it worked now

10. Even so it should say, " You are currently assigned to a faction. To switch factions have an admin perform console.command \"faction.unassign {playername} None".

On my test server that is what I am seeing.

I'm really only concerned because you are the second person to say that error and yet I can't duplicate it : /

11. The reason this might have happened is because it was a server where we had already played for days. so it wasnt a fresh server. When I type /faction now, it says theat im currently assigned to a faction, but when I did it in the beginning it just gave me the error i posted

12. Thanks larz! I appreciate the feedback.

13. there is any way to add enable or disable the ff of all?

14. Code:
    [Oxide] 00:04 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdChangeFaction' on plugin 'Factions v1.0.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [Oxide] 00:04 [Debug]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.UInt64,Oxide.Plugins.Factions+FactionPlayerData].get_Item (UInt64 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Factions.cmdChangeFaction (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Factions.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Saved 11,853 ents, serialization(0.00), write(0.00), disk(0.00) totalstall(0.01).
    Saving complete

Attached Files:

15. Only the damage scale, I can certainly add that. Would you also want FF building protection disabled? Let me fiddle with it and see if I can get an update out.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463780468][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ViTaliY_VS,
    Let me load your config and test to see if I can duplicate. Give me a bit.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463781281][/DOUBLEPOST]

.... ok just finished testing your config. I had to save it as Unicode due to the formatting of the Faction names. Then I overrode the extension at the end with .json. From there I didn't have any issues. Even before doing that your faction names just came up as "????????!" and I would get the appropriate error as described to larz.

Try to walk me through how you got this error because once again I am unable to duplicate it.

16. I have a suggestion. Why not choose factions (via GUI) at a connection to the server (to verify whether the player is in any faction)

17. It does.... Explain to me what you are doing so I can try to help.

At load of plugin it should prompt all players to select a faction. Furthermore, at connection you are prompted to join a faction (unless you are already in one). Finally, if you are no longer in a faction and re-spawn you are prompted to select a faction. If these things are not occurring I suggest you reload the plugin.

You can delete your entry from the factions_data.json file then log into your server. You should experience what any player would when they join your server.

18. It doesn't work. I've uploaded my config file erlier.

19. I am sorry to hear that it isn't working for you. I have never experienced the issues are mentioning; furthermore I can not duplicate them. I'd recommend you remove the plugin, data file, config file and start fresh.

20. It's first load. Fresh. Default config also doesn't work. All I did was renamed fractions names in the config file :( Ok, nethermind... I'll wait for the next version. Perhaps the plugin will work for me in future versions.. Thnx for great job.