Crosshair

Adds a customizable crosshair to your screen

Total Downloads: 9,869 - First Release: Jul 17, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 1, 2017

5/5, 26 likes
  1. Thank you for this mod.

2 things, kinda noobish sorry:

1, is there a way to autogrant permissions to everybody? (i know, everybodys like "give us permissions!" and now you got this guy whos like "i dont want permissions"...1st world probs lawl)

2, suggestion: add /ch as a shortcut to toggle the crosshair (i religiously spam ESC to close my menus and am having to retrain my fingers, but in the meantime cutting out keystrokes would be nice)

thanks again!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

grant group player crosshair.use

3. figured it out

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  4. When I open a box and closing the gun out, hence I have to open the inventory and press "esc" to return the gun, and when the gun goes into inventory can not mess with the items.

5. I've been just manually repeating the operation (*tab* *esc*) to get my xhair to come back up; only viable solution I think. A small annoyance.

6. hi causing a lot of lag

TimeWarning: AIHandler.Cycle took 0.64 seconds (642ms)
    [Oxide] 4:43 PM [Info] Crosshair was compiled successfully in 3605ms

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The AIHandler is not from this, that's from your server. The plugin compiling is probably from a server delay too. Both do not indicate this plugin.

8. Thanks alot Wulf do you know what i must check to fix the IA error?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's a warning from server performance, there is a thread about it.

10. when i do crosshair.use is a consol it says no command found

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

12. Hi,
    Dunno if its important but i had this message in console :

[Oxide] 10:30 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnPlayerInput' on plugin 'Crosshair v1.1.0' took: 547ms
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439586306][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ahh i'm dumb... its just a lag..

13. this isnt working?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440964902][/DOUBLEPOST]this works but needs a SERIOUS update. especially now that they have updated range and guns etc.

14. What does range and guns have to do with a gui positioned at center screen? just curious because the plugin seems to do about everything I expect it to.

15. i dont know, i dont use it, all my players are complaining.
    plus it keeps disabling it self and they keep having to reenable it self.
    they dont normally complain about plugins but they keep asking me to fix this one and i of course cant.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440967221][/DOUBLEPOST]
    they said opening inventory disables it .

16. Complaining about what? The tab toggle is discussed in this thread, it is necessary to use your mouse in the middle of the screen. Tell them to stop using escape to exit their inventory.

17. accuracy idk. i had 7 people on when i implented it and they all complained.
    i also didnt know it was just a small dot thing, i thought it would be bigger etc. thats my fault, thats just what i expected.
    they dont seem to mind that part. just said its off. i figured if that many complain then its something worth looking into. i know nothing of guns personally or any of that. i will tell them not to hit esc tho that is helpful ty.

18. Been looking at the problems associated with the 3rd and 4th inventory slots being non-responsive due to the crosshair overlay. Looks like the suggestion early in the thread to reduce the User Interface Scale in the in-game Graphics settings to 0.85 or less (if you're 1080p fullscreen, at least) is the best option, as it scales down the inventory and moves it away from the overlay.

The Inventory input auto-remove of the overlay was a good idea, but unfortunately, interacting with world storage items with the Use key, then using the Inventory key to close the container removes the crosshair overlay, and you have to do a little two-step dance with opening and tabbing out again to restore it.

The primary fix is going to have to be an edit of the overlay when LaserHydra gets to it.

In the meantime, I'd suggest either going back to the old version without the Inventory auto-remove, or comment out that section in the current version, and advising players to scale their GUI down.

19. where do i type this in because its not working in f1 or rusty or chat and i am the owner