Cornucopia

The horn of plenty! Spawn extra crates, barrels, nodes, animals, etc. randomly on the map

Total Downloads: 6,692 - First Release: Jul 28, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 1, 2017

5/5, 26 likes
  1. Code:
    {
      "Animals": {
        "minBears": 70,
        "minBoars": 90,
        "minChickens": 45,
        "minHorses": 80,
        "minStags": 75,
        "minWolves": 85  "General": {
        "refreshIntervalSeconds": 900
    Change the Animals to what ever you want and the refresh interval shorter, then they will respawn more often.

When you change interval to 300 then they will respawn every 5 min.

2. Just set every other setting to zero and set minWolves and minBears to whatever target values you want.. Each time the cycle hits the plugin will spawn new bears/wolves up to your target. Don't set the timer to zero though :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438092037][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Set everything else to zero (except timer) and input how many of each type of animals you want total on the map.. You could for example set every type of animal to 100, which would keep that number of animals alive on the map at all times.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438092121][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, the values in the config files are called "min" as in minimum but they are also a maximum, the plugin will not spawn more than that number. It will not however REMOVE extras.. So if you set all animals to 5, the plugin will not remove or kill animals to lower their count, it simply will not create more if the target is met.

3. Very patient explanation, thank you

4. BaK

BaK

Line 9 should be
    [Info("Cornucopia", "Deicide666ra", "1.0.1", ResourceId = 1264)]
    Fixed with attached

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
  5. Thanks, I totally messed up on that one and used the discussion number instead of the mod number :) Updating!

6. Deicide666ra updated Cornucopia with a new update entry:

7. when u say set everything to 0 whats everything?

8. The config file is in your oxide/config folder and looks like this:

Code:
    {
        "minBears": 10,
        "minBoars": 25,
        "minChickens": 5,
        "minHorses": 60,
        "minStags": 35,
        "minWolves": 5
      },
      "Barrels": {
        "minGoodBarrels": 25,
        "minNormalBarrels": 15,
        "minTrashCans": 45
      },
      "Crates": {
        "minBoxCrates": 45,
        "minWeaponCrates": 25
      },
      "General": {
      },
      "Minerals": {
        "minMetalNodes": 70,
        "minStoneNodes": 70,
        "minSulfurNodes": 70
      }
    }
    If you want 100 of each type of animal without affecting anything else on the server, change it to this:

Code:
    {
        "minBears": 100,
        "minBoars": 100,
        "minChickens": 100,
        "minHorses": 100,
        "minStags": 100,
        "minWolves": 100
      },
        "minGoodBarrels": 0,
        "minNormalBarrels": 0,
        "minTrashCans": 0
      },
        "minBoxCrates": 0,
        "minWeaponCrates": 0
      },
      },
        "minMetalNodes": 0,
        "minStoneNodes": 0,
        "minSulfurNodes": 0
      }
    }
    With this last config, nothing other than animals will be spawned by the plugin. Each 15 minutes, the plugin will look at how many animals are on the map and spawn just enough of each so the total for each is 100. If there are more animals than 100, it will do not remove them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438104512][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a note for everyone about these 2 default settings:

Code:
    "minBoxCrates": 45,
    "minWeaponCrates": 25
    There is a bug right now with the latest patch that allows crates to spawn over each other and this also increases the maximum number of boxes spawned in the world by the Rust spawn manager... I didn't consider that when I put the default values in the plugin and these values are probably higher than what everyone is used to on a typical server BEFORE that Rust bug was introduced last week.

The average map has 4-5 rad towns with usually 5-7 crates up so a total of about 25-35 (instead of 70) is probably closer to what we saw before the bug.

Review your configuration accordingly! I will lower the default values for the next version.

This would make more sense:

Code:
    "minBoxCrates": 20,
    "minWeaponCrates": 15

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  9. Deicide666ra updated Cornucopia with a new update entry:

10. If I put a value "minBears": 1, then on the server will only be 1 bear? Or on the server is a standard number of bears and +1 from plugin?

11. The plugin will add 1 bear if it falls to zero, otherwise it will do nothing. So if the server ends up with 5 game-spawned bears, the mod will not remove the 4 extras.

It's quite simple, the mod simply spawns so the amount of entities is at least what's in the config file.

12. Deicide666ra updated Cornucopia with a new update entry:

13. I'm sorry, I'm using a translator. I did not quite understand.
    If the value "minBears": 1, the server will be 1 bear?
    What are the standard number of animals on the server map of 4000, for example?

14. "minbears": 1 = you will have 1 bear minimum. There could be more than 1 if the game generates them, but the plugin will not spawn any more as long as there is at least 1 bear existing on the map.

The default values in the config are approx what I observed on Hapis Island. I assume procgen maps at 4k have similar amounts. If you haven't used the plugin yet you can set all the values to zero (except the interval!) and use /cdump to see the current numbers. Note that Rust takes at least a full hour, perhaps more to finish doing the initial spawning, so running /cdump after a restart won't give you reliable numbers.

15. Thanks!

16. Deicide666ra updated Cornucopia with a new update entry:

17. Hello Deicide666ra,

Amazing work! Its a plugin I know many people have been wanting for a long time.

Great plugin and thanks for the prompt bug fixes.

18. Just a little note, seems like the loot crate fix is only working partially, I'll need to review the code, update inc in a few hours

19. Hello, I want to realize the map everywhere to see a lot of wolves and bears, but I do not know how to set up

20. This config will keep 200 wolves and 200 bears on the map at all times (refreshed every 15 min):

Code:
    {
        "minBears": 200,
        "minBoars": 0,
        "minChickens": 0,
        "minHorses": 0,
        "minStags": 0,
        "minWolves": 200
      },
        "minGoodBarrels": 0,
        "minNormalBarrels": 0,
        "minTrashCans": 0
      },
        "minBoxCrates": 0,
        "minWeaponCrates": 0
      },
      },
        "minMetalNodes": 0,
        "minStoneNodes": 0,
        "minSulfurNodes": 0
      }
    }
    Upload the config then do oxide.reload Cornucopia in console (as admin) or from RCON (ex: Rusty)... you then wait 15 min for the first cycle or do /cspawn (as admin) to force the cycle.

You can increase the number above 200... I tested with 2000 chickens yesterday and it didn't cause any lag or issues. Keep in mind that if you leave the other animals to 0 the other animals might get rarer than normal because wolves and bears will kill them a lot more than normal.