Copy Paste

Copy and paste your buildings to save them or move them

Total Downloads: 21,549 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 14, 2018

5/5, 83 likes
  1. having an issue with the plugin after the large rust update the other day. here is what my console output on clanforge is

38 CopyPaste - Failed to compile: CopyPaste.cs(799,43): error CS1929: Type `ItemContainer' does not contain a member `Clear' and the best extension method overload `StringBuilderEx.Clear(this System.Text.StringBuilder)' requires an instance of type `System.Text.StringBuilder'

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide.

3. So I updated the server files and oxide and I am still getting the below errors when pasting. I also only get the items not the structure.

Code:
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/foundation/foundation.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/foundation/foundation.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/wall.doorway/wall.doorway.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/floor/floor.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/wall.doorway/wall.doorway.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/wall/wall.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/woodenbox/woodbox_deployed.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/tuna can wall lamp/tunalight.deployed.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/ceiling light/ceilinglight.deployed.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/wall/wall.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/lantern/lantern.deployed.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/campfire/campfire.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

4. work ? i have error ... in configs isnot copy-paste.txt

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you've updated the plugin and Oxide; you won't get this if fully updated.

6. Hi Wulf. Thanks for the response. I think I found the problem. I use Murky's Plugin Updater and I get an error with the update.

Code:
    [07-05-2017 09:42:35] [Info] C# extension detected: CopyPaste.cs
    [07-05-2017 09:42:35] [Info] Initiating download for Copy Paste(5981)
    [07-05-2017 09:42:35] [Error] @ GetPluginLink | The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    [07-05-2017 09:42:35] [Info] InitiatePluginDownload | did not fetch pluginlink: http://oxidemod.org/plugins/5981 (CopyPaste.cs) Up to date?
    I know this isn't your problem because you didn't make the updater, but did OxideMod change how links to downloads work lately? Thanks.

7. Version 3.0.24 sometimes stops working.
    Installed version 3.0.23 back. Works stably.

8. Are there any errors in logs?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like an issue for that tool's developer, the links have no changed in years.

10. [Error] Error while compiling: CopyPaste.cs(799,43): error CS1929: Type `ItemContainer' does not contain a member `Clear' and the best extension method overload `StringBuilderEx.Clear(this System.Text.StringBuilder)' requires an instance of type `System.Text.StringBuilder'

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  11. Update Oxide

12. just want a list of the commands you can actually understand
    having trouble doing copy with inventories on some boxes

13. Code:
    if (unassignid)
    {
          buildingid = (uint)newbuildingid.Invoke(buildingblock, null);
          unassignid = false;
    }
    This part from plugin is making paste impossible with a NRE, just commented until it's fixed

14. Update plugin to latest version

15. Please add the console command placeback

16. Rak

Rak

Newest update will not paste foundations/building blocks, but only entities like stone barricades and other items.

[​IMG]

Please help.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure Rust/Oxide is updated and you're using the latest version of the plugin.

18. Rak

Rak

alright thank you.

19. We've been having an issue with no inventories being pasted (ie crate inventories are instead empty). We even tried to delete all files and saves as well as update the plugin and it continues. This is the rcon error we keep receiving
    Failed to call hook 'cmdChatCopy' on plugin 'CopyPaste v3.0.21' (JsonSerializationException: Self referencing loop detected for property 'normalized' with type 'UnityEngine.Vector3'. Path 'entities[0].position.normalized.normalized'.)
    Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry just realized for some reason the update I did didn't take I'm retrying it to make sure it takes this time

Resolved: After making sure the update took everything is working properly. Sorry for the inconvenience. For those with a similar issue backup your saved pastes and just reupload them and they work with the latest update

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  20. Ok friends, listen up! We really need a repository for copy/paste json files. I know Rust Warriors started one, but nobody was posting (Welcome). Maybe that's the way to go, I dunno. I have a few I’d like to contribute, but I’m absolute garbage when it comes to making decent websites. Does oxidemod.org have a file archive section? Maybe this already exists and I missed it, maybe not, maybe I took too many antacids this morning, but regardless, we need to band together and make this happen. There were so many very cool json posts in the past for this plugin, but because of updates, are probably outdated. I’m talking to you [Steam User] and you [Other Steam User]!!!
    If you know of one, please paste it here.