Copy Paste

Copy and paste your buildings to save them or move them

Total Downloads: 21,550 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 14, 2018

5/5, 83 likes
  1. Removing locks makes copy work
    Pasting buildings that has locks seems to work ok at least.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Copy-Paste with a new update entry:

3. getting this on load.

(16:57:45) | Error while compiling: CopyPaste.cs(698,35): error CS1061: Type `CodeLock' does not contain a definition for `code' and no extension method `code' of type `CodeLock' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide or use the old version of the plugin. It was updated for the latest build released on Monday.

5. I don't understand how to install this, can anyone help?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Put it in your oxide/plugins folder.

7. It works!

Thx Wulf

8. im curious, would this work if i copy a base now, and would try to paste it after map wipe??? im trying to find a way to save custom build arenas

9. Well I Updated and Copied again but when I paste I still get half a building. Ive no Doors in it or codelocks either. What you see is the building a copied and what it looks like when I paste. Please help!

I also tried disabling server stability but to no avail.

Attached Files:

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Copy-Paste with a new update entry:

11. still no joy with my building though :(

12. Error while compiling: CopyPaste.cs(707,35): error CS1061: Type `KeyLock' does not contain a definition for `firstKeyCreated' and no extension method `firstKeyCreated' of type `KeyLock' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? version 3.0.23 do i need to wait for tonights update perhaps? any idea?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Rust and Oxide.

14. thanks wulf didnt realise update already dropped :)

15. Oooook. Well I figured where I had went wrong and why I was getting only half a building. The reason was I built the foundations using /build plugin. I hasnt realised though that I was building a little too close to the ground and once the building as pictured above was completed I copied it. I wouldnt copy the foundation placed by /build as it would never have been allowed while building normally. This meant that it would always copy only the legal foundations. Meaning when I /paste it pasted what it copied and all supporting building above the illegal foundation was not pasted as it was never copied. I hope that makes sense anyway. Moral of the Story. Build properly on flat surfaces!

16. I copied buildings with previous version of plugin/oxide removing all code locks. When im trying to paste it now, its going successful but then all collapsing. Whats going on?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have the stability setting set in Rust's config?

18. I keep getting errors when trying to place an building and it only places the deployables..

Code:
    [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/wall.low/wall.low.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    (19:45:19) | [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/floor/floor.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    (19:45:19) | [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/ceiling light/ceilinglight.deployed.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    (19:45:19) | [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/building core/floor/floor.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    (19:45:19) | [Copy Paste] Trying to paste assets/prefabs/deployable/ceiling light/ceilinglight.deployed.prefab send this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Oxide and Plugin fully updated

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which Oxide build number?

20. Protocol: 1984.144.1
    Build Date: 05/04/2017 08:57:52
    Unity Version: 5.6.0f3
    Changeset: 20463
    Branch: main
    Oxide Version: 2.0.3250

I even tried to copy & paste a new building, and it says it is pasted but nothing shows up except the deployables. Strange