BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,685 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Hi pyrow,
    Yes...I probably should have moved that over along with the accuracy/damage/firing range etc.

I'll do it for the next V, thanks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503074214][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, there are various colliders on the map that bots don't respect.
    I don't think they'll play well with any building-plan buildings at all, and there's a number of points around monuments that they will just fall through.
    It's just another thing that should improve as FP work on this AI.
    Thanks.

2. Try adjusting the radius?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503074917][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Cool Thanks alot!

3. I am sure this has already been asked but.....When Bots are set for Zones/Airdrop....
    How do u prevent bots from being randomly airdropped on players heads, if I happen to call them in
    a supply drop?

Thanks.

4. Hi. I like your "new" custom location, but... :) I can't do spawn bots in some height up from surface of map. I have arena in the air and bots still spawning under arena on surface, I have set "y": 800.000244 (that a height of foundation) and what does mean "Spawn_Height"? My problem is same like PyrowLBC's I think :)

EDIT :
    OK, I was figure out a little - need change "Chute": true, and "Spawn_Height" set little heigher from "Location". Now bots spawning on parachute and fly down on foundation, but... :) They don't moving and not shooting :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2017
  5. Saw this in RCON, dont know what caused it.

Code:
    (17:14:25) | [Oxide] 17:16 [Error] Failed to run a 6.00 timer in 'BotSpawn v1.1.2' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:14:25) | [Oxide] 17:16 [Stacktrace]   at BasePlayer.GetActiveItem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BasePlayer.GetHeldEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn+<SpawnSci>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    FYI

Are personal airdrops supposed to be affected by Airdrop NPC Protection ? lol. If it aint, it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2017
  6. Aware of that, thanks.

No. Server airdrops only, as per overview.

Hey,
    I was talking about this 2-3 posts ago. Best to stick with map terrain for now.

7. After the recent update of BotSpawn I'm getting the error below, plus the plugin not working, no bots are spawning.

(12:36:18) | Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'BotSpawn v1.1.2' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

(12:36:18) | at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.FindMonuments () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(12:36:18) | Calling 'OnServerInitialized' on 'BotSpawn v1.1.2' took 627ms

8. same here
    18:51 [Info] BotSpawn was compiled successfully in 3827ms
    18:51 [Info] Loaded plugin BotSpawn v1.1.2 by Steenamaroo
    18:51 [Warning] Calling 'OnServerInitialized' on 'BotSpawn v1.1.2' took 670ms
    19:26 [Error] Failed to run a 6.00 timer in 'BotSpawn v1.1.2' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    19:26 [Stacktrace] at BasePlayer.GetActiveItem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BasePlayer.GetHeldEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn+<SpawnSci>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

9. I can confirm that drop bots are also coming with the personal supply drop signal drops as well. I had to disable as players were getting rekt when getting their drops lul!

10. yep. I can comfirm also. This is why I was asking if they were suooosed to include bots with them also. I thought I noticed a difference. lol

11. Confirmed
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503171907][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I went and did the normal delete config/data and installed the plugin again and it worked, and as I could see the config file had changes in it, so I guess the need for not deleting need to be checked.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503172029][/DOUBLEPOST]Almost forgot, I would suggest that when Bots drops on the supply drop, to do it later instead of instantly, looks weird a bot dropping with a chute out of nowhere ;)

12. Oh, thanks guys. I'll look into why this is happening.
    Setting airdrop to false will prevent this as a short-term fix.

13. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1503177743][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have this in mind. Thanks for the suggestion, Saxxoo.

I'm thinking either they'll spawn super high and fall fast for a while, so it's much less obvious, or maybe I can have some smoke/fog as they spawn?

I'd also considered having them spawn from the plane then drift apart slightly.
    I think that's the best solution but probably the most involved.
    Something to work on, for sure!

14. Dunno if this is possible, but I would assume there's some kind of trigger when the plane drops the supply crates? perhaps the bot could be dropped along side them?

15. ... works, but many bots shooting from under water or in big stone :D

16. Yeah, that's what I'm working with right now.
    They spawn when the crate drops (at plane height) - not when the plane is sent.

17. Thanks for the update..

Suggestion to look into:

Calling from a list of random kits for each monument or bot. Where we can set the list of kits in a config and the plugin on reload OR bot respawn would randomize to a specific kit. Kind of like setting random names idea.

18. Definitely on the list ^^ ;)

19. Looking a little better....

20. "Airdrop Fix.
    Bots should no longer be deployed for supply-signal crates."

Is this no longer an option? That is/was by far my favorite feature. If it's removed, can you please put it back in as an option? It goes well with the Exploding Barrels mod for a chaotic server. XD