BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,685 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Oh, sorry, I did not notice. Thnx for answer.

2. The plugin is the best !!!
    There is a nuance. Bots see vanish

3. Love this mod,only issue i get is on satellite where i have it set to spawn 1 bot and it spawns 4,maybe i need to add a second sattelite location in config?

4. Oh? Haven't heard of that yet. Could you double check your config, please?

Yeah, they will until there's an update for Vanish, afaik.

No worries. Sorry it's not a proper answer yet, but it'll come.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  5. Hi, can you program timer for Ignore_Animals ? e.g. From 20:00 to 07:00 all bots are active, this looks funny in the night :)

6. ha, yeah.I bet it does!
    If the AI is eventually able to kill animals, an option to disable that at night would make sense.
    I'll keep it in mind, ty. :)

7. I think I've identified why there are firing rate discrepancies.
    I'll push an update later tonight. :)

8. Also forgot to mention, I'm using nav_grid, not navmesh, if that makes a difference.

9. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

10. Nice work man. These are great ideas. I love the parachutes. I can't wait until they build the AI in to take cover.

My only struggle, and it's not due to the mod, is to try to find the balance of allowing them to have loot, but not too much so that people farm them for weapons and ammo. I don't give my bots great weapons, ammo or armor, but I do let them drop their weapons with a clip.

11. Hey @Tunnleram
    Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

I totally agree. More or less any item dropped by bots is likely to end up being OP without crippling their numbers or buffing their health.
    I'm considering a ratio drop...1 in 10 bots drops X. Maybe a basic loot config (or list of kits) could be worked in so that 1 in 10 times a bot will have a weak, good, or great kit? Just thinking out loud.

One thing I will add, and should have added from day one, is the option to totally strip the body on death.
    Even just the farming of basic clothes for resources might be OP on some servers.

12. Yeah. My server is heavily modded so clothes and a gun like the Thompson causes no issues, but spawn 50 ammo with them and multiply by 15 bots, that's a bit more than I'd like to give out.

I like the random idea. I'd love to see the random kit, random drop approach. It varies the loot and the drops at the same time and also makes it interesting.

13. Sweet. Hope to be working on it soon.

You're aware they don't need ammo for their own use, right? Just a gun.

14. Yeah, but I give one clip at least. That's not so bad and it should feel realistic. Bots shooting, but not having ammo might seem a little weird.

Sweet right back at ya! :)

15. Hey, was curious as to how to trigger the parachute bots - I've tried using mass drop, spawned in a supply crate, used a supply signal, and I've not seen any. Am I doing something wrong?

16. Having ingore animals set to false, spams console with generating cover points and puts server fps at 1.

Attached Files:

17. Gonna put it through its paces now. Nice job on the additions. Any issues I will post your feedback in the PM. Great job as always!

18. Thankyou for update your work is much appreciated

19. Those having an issue with the airdrop bots this line
    "Upper_Bot_Limit": 120
    Is set to 120 default. My map has more then 120 I changed mine to 140 and now they spawn no problem the cut off limit wasn't allowing the airdrop bots to spawn since the monuments filled the quota already. Hope this helps.

That is what fixed my issue with them not spawning.

20. How do the airdrop bots work? For example do they fall down with supply drops?