BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,685 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Hi again @Taxcollector ,
    There are too many variables for me to offer guesses.
    If you can provide relevant and detailed information I, or someone else, may be able to help.

Examples would be confirmation of the version you're using, your oxide +rust version, whether other plugins work or not (evidence of oxide working),
    any console output relating to BotSpawn or coinciding with loading BotSpawn, whether or not you've had previous versions working, etc.

2. i type reload BotSpawn and its work.or unload BotSpawn then all bots vanish

3. im staying with the 3500 I just changed to. :) perfect size and bots work flawlessly at least with fire rate. Still working on kits for them. LOL

4. Yes Mapsize 4000
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502395072][/DOUBLEPOST]OK guys i provide this information tomorrow, due to im heading for work now... but thx for fast response =)

5. No probs.
    If you're brand new to oxide, PM me instead. I'll try to get you up and running.

6. i change map and bot start moving and shooting better,looks like plugins works good now.ofg that its server wipe also.map size its same what i have before

7. With all the different trouble shooting and following all the different threads, I think I finally got a handle on this plugin now.

Works essentially flawless!......Except for maybe one minor detail? Is there any way to stop the Bots from becoming Nomad's?

I'm an Admin, and don't travel a fraction as much as the Bots do....lol!

Whats so funny is how far they can make it without being killed by the animals......some of them that is.

Great Plugin!......Thanks!

8. Hi @draindoc98
    For now the timed respawn is the only measure against that. It returns all bots to their spawn every 15 mins.
    I do intend for each bot to respect a radius around his spawn point eventually.

Someone (thank you) sent me a time-lapse video of full on bot exodus where they all headed in the same direction and met up on a mountain.
    FWIW, I don't get that.
    Mine just wonder around independent of each other, eventually straying from their spawn so that the map is just dotted with random bots.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502403485][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah, that's just what the AI does, for now, plugin or not.
    Animals do the same in a lot of places.

I haven't been concerned about it because the AI itself is still under development by FP.

9. @Steenamaroo You did choose THE "Pandoras Box" under the very experimental early features :p Respect
    And you did also the best being currently possible, but you reached also since days the current break-in-development.
    Take a break on it, Good Job

To the hyped people: That's all what they do, and what they can do:
    And they do it very straight, everytime and everywhere, and on every map and size.
    Nothing, and really nothing does change there anything from outside on them at the current state of code, only changes to the weapon do have a effect.
    Unequip them their (projectile)-weapon or change to meele > insta sleepmode enabled > change back > KILL KILL KILL^^

It's sure possible to break and to extend their stupidness...But with much much more effort ;)
    Their firing rate might feel like adjustable...But sorry, it's also only based on weapon attack values.

That's the current state, a very very hard-wired-actions state, and i don't want to left people stand behind in the rain in a wrong act of faith into the whole thing these days.

Some code: The current shooting K.I. i mentioned^^
    Code:
    // NPCPlayer
    public void ShotTest()
    {
        global::HeldEntity heldEntity = base.GetHeldEntity();
        global::AttackEntity attackEntity = heldEntity as global::AttackEntity;
        if (attackEntity == null)
        {
            return;
        }
        global::BaseProjectile baseProjectile = attackEntity as global::BaseProjectile;
        if (baseProjectile && baseProjectile.primaryMagazine.contents <= 0)
        {
            baseProjectile.ServerReload();
        }
        if (!Mathf.Approximately(attackEntity.attackLengthMin, -1f))
        {
            if (attackEntity != null)
            {
                attackEntity.ServerUse();
            }
            return;
        }
        if (base.IsInvoking(new Action(this.TriggerDown)))
        {
            return;
        }
        if (Time.time < this.nextTriggerTime)
        {
            return;
        }
        base.InvokeRepeating(new Action(this.TriggerDown), 0f, 0.01f);
        this.triggerEndTime = Time.time + UnityEngine.Random.Range(attackEntity.attackLengthMin, attackEntity.attackLengthMax);
        this.TriggerDown();
    }

10. I would like in the future to see the ability to assign multiple bot types, like support for more than one kit, for a variety of bots at one place.

Example: Water Plant with 3 scientists with pistols and 5 guards with ak's or something.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502405536][/DOUBLEPOST]Warning to others: Do NOT edit the kits you're using while plugin is loaded, lol. NRE fest.

11. It would be cool to recreate something similar to a DayZ Epoch in Rust. Roaming AI with missions and trader zones and shit. Another idea i've thought of (yet have nowhere near the ability to make) is a plugin that upon airdrop, multiple AI move to protect it, making it harder for just bambis to run up and loot it, and making it so you need to come there armed, or don't come at all.

12. Back in my mind since months... ;)

13. Would be a very easy add-on, although I'm going to sit tight on adding anything until they're in game.

Sure, it'd be nice, but I don't know what FP intends to do with the AI. I think we should wait and see that first.

14. Love the plug in and I think this has so much potential.

Would it be possible to have different settings at different times for the quantity of bots per radtown?, e.g. at off peak times there would be just a couple of bots per radtown and then at peak times it could ramp up to a higher number per radtown.

15. Animals do not receive damage

16. Thanks for the feedback, @Klorr
    I have an ever growing list of cool features to add and am working on some in the background.

I think I'll hold off releasing updates until there's some worthwhile stuff in there but for two reasons.
    1: It keeps down the number of time you all have to wipe your config
    2: I'd like to see what FP intend to do with this AI, if possible.

I agree - I think there's lots of potential. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
  17. Had to dump this plugin, was causing an infinite NRE loop in my console.

18. Hi,
    I appreciate you can't mess around where population is concerned, but are you able to tell me anything about the circumstances?
    Is this related to your previous comment about kits?

19. Nope, thought it was the first time it happened, but it isn't, just happens, nothing in logs either, just constant "NullRefeneceException" spamming like 8 times a second forever in console.

Jumped CPU usages on core to 80% and dropped SFPS to 70.