BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,685 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. I'm admin on my server not sure you are as well on yours. But I spawned some supply signals soon as the smoke hit they dropped. When I typed into chat /droptoplayer "myingamename"(Fancy Drop plugin) soon as I hit enter they spawned above me. They spawn before the airdrop drops kinda like guarding the area.

For reference as well I'm on a 5000 seed size.

2. Oh okay, awesome! Thanks

3. Not a problem at all. Enjoy he does great work its a fun plugin!

4. i dont :)

5. So, the chute bots work if you use /droptoplayer "name" but other than that they don't seem to be spawning for me.

Regardless - an awesome addition to an awesome plugin.

6. Hmm maybe i clicked something else and triggered it. Also I'm going to assume its tied to Airdrops, since Supply Drops are Kinda a different trigger persay. I could be wrong. But it may be specific.

7. The last update gives me these :

(09:43:58) | Finished generating 0 cover points in 0.00390625 seconds
    (09:43:58) | Start generating cover points
    (09:43:58) | Finished generating 0 cover points in 0 seconds
    (09:43:58) | Finished generating 0 cover points in 0.00390625

8. I would have thought that where they are generating 0 cover points is just where they are parachuting down and so they have no cover.

Steenamaroo, is it possible for you to add a command to allow me to spawn your bots individually or is there a way I can do it already?, obviously I know that I can spawn the default bots using "entity.spawn scientist" however I would like to be able to spawn individual bots using the kits and names that belong to their relevant groups. e.g. Trainyard Bot, Warehouse Bot, etc.

Is this possible?.

9. Hi fellas,
    Supply signal drops aren't meant to call bots - That's right.
    Maybe I'll make it an option but I thought it'd be a bit shit to have 10 armed guys appear inside your base walls unannounced. ;)

For now they should come with any airdrop which is not prompted by a smoke grenade.

The zero cover points, as Klorr says, are because the AI are in the sky and cannot find cover points.
    They generate points when they hit the ground.

Hi @Klorr,
    I could add single-bot spawn as you describe but the way it's written that bot wouldn't respawn on kill or contribute to the population of the chosen monument.
    Right now the spawn command runs while X is less than your chosen number of bots for that monument, so any attempt to add another would be rejected.
    I'd have to work outside of that or alter the spawn method quite a bit.

I expect I'll be looking into that along with custom locations, soon. :)

I'm also thinking I'd like the cargo plane bots to come from the plane and slowly spread out or, at least, have a smoke screen so they don;t just magically appear in the sky.

Seems to be going pretty well overall. Thanks for all the feedback and kind words.

10. BotSpawn doesn't work with a map "SavasIsland" and "SavasIsland_koth"

11. Thanks for the reply,

Yeah, the reason for the indivdual spawning is just so that I can spawn some at unusual places at particular times, e.g. on top of buildings in the trainyard, launchsite, etc.

Good work though with the plugin so far and really like the sound of the possibility of getting the plane and the bots working together to make more of a visual tie in. :)

12. ... its work, but its very laggy (with HighEnd PC & Server) and every MilliSeconds this SpammingMessage

Finished generating 0 cover points in xxx seconds
    Start generating cover points

in ServerConsole.

And its more Buggy like before: AI´s landing in Water, shooting from under the Water etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  13. Hi,
    The spam has been discussed.

Performance should improve with time but if it's laggy now you'll need to spawn fewer bots until you find a balance.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502801419][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The airdrop feature should work (not tested) but beyond that the plug only works with the monuments listed in the overview.

14. anything you could do so bots dont target admins while using vanished plugin?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502802880][/DOUBLEPOST]or maybe a ignore admin command

15. I used Airdrop commands and changed settings of BotSpawn.json, still nothing works with "SavasIsland"

16. Oh, right enough...The config
    Hi,
    No, Vanish would need to update to recognise NPCPlayers. The same is true for quite a few plugs right now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502806317][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ok, fair enough.
    The plugin, thus far, is not made with Hapis/Savis in mind but eventually I'll get to looking at those; Most likely when custom user locations are added.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  17. ... next BIG Problem: if i hit a AI / BOT, i take Damage or die !

18. hmm it works fine for me, are u maybe using "server.pve true" ?

19. That's not going to be a BotSpawn issue.

20. ... very fast answer, thats right, no more Problem ! Thanks so much :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502809640][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ... it was my Problem, Thanks ! :)