UniversalUI

This is a fully Customizable UI for Info and Buttons!

Total Downloads: 1,896 - First Release: Nov 23, 2016 - Last Update: May 13, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. I just want to say a great big THANK YOU! Kit editing, editing and creating NPC has never been so easy, and my players have access to their own buttons. THANKS! (Glad I finally figured out how to manipulate this file!! Was WELL worth the efforts!)

2. Thank you so much for this. I watched the tutorial video, but the it seems it's a bit out dated. I don't get much time to work with this, and kept thinking, man If I just had a good example to go by so I could see how others are manipulating the config, I could figure out what I need to do.

Dude, thank you so so much.

3. I installed the image library and the universal UI for the lastest versions on my servers. I see them both in the oxide plugin list on the server but when I load into the game and type /ui to go to edit the ui it tells me that the image library is not loaded. Does anyone have any suggestions have to fix it?

4. Ok I could see it on the screen after I reinstalled the image library. When I go into the json config file to make a change for example add our server name to the home page or anything. Have the first page read rules it keeps coming back with various errors see below:
    UniversalUI v2.1.4: Failed to load config file (is the config file corrupt?) (After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: N. Path 'sections.1.pages[0].text', line 57, position 21.)
    And when I load the game back up it tells me that the library is not installed. I am not sure if the problem I am having is with Universal Ui or with the image library now. I don't understand why I can't change the names of the buttons or add text to the pages to customize it for our server? I watched your video a couple times and wished I could make it work.

5. Did you edit the .json file? It appears there's an error in it on line 57, position 21. Probably formatting issue.

Try renaming the UniversalUI.json in the oxide/config/ folder and see if you get errors loading the plugin afterwards.

6. Amazing plugin!

This deserves a dependency with ServerRewards and/or Economy.
    I didn't test it properly yet, but I will.

Just wondering if RP prices will apply on commands created in ServerRewards.
    A rapid check of RP, just like you are doing with Kits, would allow this feature.
    ##### EDIT: The console commands should work for that - I just figured that out, but it still won't let us add costs to chat commands, and that is my goal #####

I may even try to step it up and import the entire store into your plugin tabs.. It simply deserves it.

Also: The delayed commands would benefit from the player search used for RP transfer in ServerRewards:

90% of delayed commands will be used with a player as the parameter (I bet any amount), so.. if you add the function that the ServerRewards plugin has in the "Transfer RP" option, you can get buttons with player names, instead of waiting for a player to type it in. In short, this will add a delayed command feature for when the parameter is always another player.

A good example: A Clans/Friends tab with an "invite" button, a "promote" button, etc etc etc

I will try my best to implement this and send you the code (I am not a c# guru, but I can adapt code).

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  7. Great thoughts! I haven't touched this in so long maybe I'll comb it over today or tomorrow and see what magic I can add :)

8. In ServerRewards, go to #region Transfer System
    The very first object creates buttons with names of the players that are online.
    It should be easy to clone it with your vars and methods, and add a name as the last parameter to your delayed command.

Maybe just add another parameter to the button class for cost, and set is as boolean, so admins can create some buttons that need RP from ServerRewards.

I am itching to merge the 2 plugins, to be honest..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  9. Thanks again to IsaacLin for his template. About a month later, I got a pretty good grasp of editing the config.

A Few Questions (for Absolut):

I noticed the button colors are defined in the plugin file, could it be possible in a future update to have those defined in the config so we can change them?

Also, the UniversalUI prompt for delayed commands, I see the text is also defined in the plugin file, in a future update, can that also be in the config so we can change it?
    -
    I have found that many players are confused by the text of the UniversalUI Prompt when I have a delayed chat command, despite my clear and concise instructions on the page.
    ie- I have the ticket plugin. I tell people to click "submit ticket" plugin, and at the UniversalUI prompt, press 't' and then type the issue. For the button, i have the command "delay chat.say /ticket create".
    All they need to do is my instruction, press T and type message. But instead, they read the long prompt generated by the UniversalUI delayed command prompt and i see tickets like this, "delay chat.say"
    The only place they see that command is from the prompt. I know i know, they should read my instructions instead of the prompt, but you know how that goes. I'd like to change the prompt to something simpler.
    -I have attempted to edit the prompt in the plugin file itself, saved, uploaded, reloaded the plugin. No change. Even after a server restart, no change.

Thanks again.

10. Amazing, I love having this. makes the server info look so clean and appealing.
    I had a couple of requests or suggestions:

-Add an on screen "Info" button that opens the UI when clicked? (with configuration options to enable/disable, add images/text.)

-A way to customize the broadcast message? (or at least remove the part about the hotkey, I think it's broken.)

11. So I just downloaded this plugin and I kinda understand the code. But whenever I try to change the names or add text and then reload the plugin, it says: "ImageLibrary is not loaded. Unable to open GUI." I have ImageLibrary installed so I don't know what's going wrong can anyone help me?

12. Same problem

13. I've learned, in most cases, it means there was a compile error.
    Whenever you see that, always check what the console said after you reloaded the plugin.

Sometimes you got a <size> without a </size> or a <color> without a </color> or missing comma.

14. I'm pretty sure it's not that, because even if I only change the name of a section to f.e. Test it stops working.

15. You will never know until you check what the console reports after you reload the plugin.

I've been in your shoes. It may not specifically be one of those things I listed, but it's something you're changing if it works fine before you change it.

If you haven't done much/any customization because of the error you're receiving, might I recommend using a template. A few pages back, a guy named IsaacLin posted his. It helped me alot. I've been learning my way around these files the past year, but the UniversalUI has been the most complex and the outdated video tutorial was not helping at all.
    With Isaaclin's config, I was able to see what to change and how to do it. Months later, my config is so customized, it looks nothing like Isaac's, but I never made any progress in this plugin til I got to use his.

16. Thanks that helped I guess I forgot to add " before and after the name or text.

17. So setting the binding in the config to anything else is pointless? If so, that's a bummer. I liked being able to pre-set an 'open' key for all users.

18. This is a fantastic UI, thanks very much to developers
    But I found that when you click on "Hide info", UI disappears and you can't rotate the view. Many players don't know how to handle this thing, hoping to give you the function of closing the "Hide info" button
    And one, my computer can't use F5 or other buttons to open the UI
    Here's a little suggestion: I want to expand UI instead of /ui by clicking on a button on the interface
    I hope developers can take this advice, thank you very much
    I'm not good at English in China, SRY

19. last update Rust does not work this plugin and ImageLibrary
    Code:
    Unloaded plugin UniversalUI v2.1.4 by AbsolutFailed to call hook 'AddImage' on plugin 'ImageLibrary v2.0.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'UniversalUI v2.1.4' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)Loaded plugin UniversalUI v2.1.4 by Absolut

20. Amazing thanks very much. but it does not work this plugin from last update Rust