TurretConfig

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,361 - First Release: Nov 3, 2015 - Last Update: May 13, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. any idea while i place turrets as admin there not targeting normal players anymore they use too when i built raid bases etc

2. Use normal 5.56 ammo

3. i am they are shooting animals and shit fine just not targeting players, player ones targeting other players but not admin ones

4. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

Do you have an Admin clan?

Please send us your configuration. Thanks.

5. It wont shoot at anyone with auth 1 or 2 if you have set adminOverride true

6. what would stop admin turrets from shooting at normal players i think its plugin effecting it not sure what they use too work fine trying to setup raid bases and they wont target players anymore

7. What I've noticed is that whenever you add new turrets, they will not work until you reload the plugin. I've tested it.... AND make sure you are using the correct ammo listed in the json file.

8. Calytic

Calytic updated TurretConfig with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1450851308][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks for the report, this should be fixed in 0.1.2

9. Code:
     "aimCone": 5.0
    The highest values? 100.0? 10.0? 1000.0?
    With it...The Can launch a rocket?

10. Calytic

The smaller the value of aimCone, the more accurate the turrets will be.

A low value like "1" will be very accurate. 5 is the default cone. Raising it higher than 5 will make the turret less accurate. Increasing the value much past, say 20, will make the turret so wildly inaccurate as to render it basically useless..
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451324750][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I have not tested rockets so I cannot guarantee that they will work or be consistent with the kind of behavior you expect

11. Thanks. Calytic

12. will the turret shoot on helicopters too? :) (i hope)

13. Can you add a option for the turrets to not attack NPCs?

14. Calytic

Perhaps. I'm leaning towards but it may be possible but I'm not aware of any method without requiring HumanNPC - obviously not everyone uses HumanNPC and I want to avoid extraneous dependencies.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452451312][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nope, technically it is possible but it would require entirely rewriting the targeting AI which could be a major performance hit.

15. Requests:
    • make ""ammoType" in config a list of possible ammo types
    • add option to give each ammo type it's own bullet damage, bullet speed, sight range and aimCone
    • add the option to shot hatchets ! - LOL that would be interesting doesn't shoot hatchets until you're within 3-4 meters

16. "adminOverride": true,
    "aimCone": 5.0,
    "ammoType": "ammo.rifle",
    "animalOverride": true,
    "animals": [
    "stag",
    "boar",
    "chicken",
    "horse"
    ],
    "bulletDamage": 10000,
    "bulletSpeed": 10000,
    "clanOverride": true,
    "globalDamageModifier": 10000,
    "health": 10000,
    "sightRange": 10000,
    "sleepOverride": true,
    "useGlobalDamageModifier": true,
    "VERSION": "0.1.2"
    }
    [1/18/2016 5:57:01 PM] [Oxide] 5:56 PM [Error] [TurretConfig] Clans plugin missing, clan override disabled
    [1/18/2016 5:57:01 PM] [Oxide] 5:56 PM [Error] [TurretConfig] EntityOwner plugin missing, clan override disabled
    ??

17. v3x

v3x

you need to install these 2 plugins first:
    Rust:IO Clans for Rust | Oxide
    EntityOwner for Rust | Oxide

18. @Calytic
    What do you think?

19. The clan thing dont work :D

20. Calytic

While those are all very interesting ideas, none of which are really feasible. Redoing the targeting system to include multiple ammunition types would be a huge performance hit as the previous AI would have to run simultaneously and be overridden somehow.

Thanks for the report. I will look into this ASAP.