Spectate

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,562 - First Release: Nov 5, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 31, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not aware of any issue with it, but I'm sure there are bugs that need to be fixed. I'll try to find some time to fix them as soon as possible.

2. This plugin works well Vanish for Rust | Oxide

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They aren't for the same purpose, but Vanish would better if you are looking to monitor players.

4. I have a problem with FauxClip too, when someone is using it no one can damage anything either. Anything I use like spectate or fauxclip, messes it up. Looked through the config and everything, even looked for damage variables and nothing has to do with animals and what not being able to not be hurt.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That seems a bit odd, but using both would probably not be advised. The only thing this plugin does is toggle Rust's spectate mode for the player that uses it if they have permission, nothing with player health or damage.

6. I use vanish and fauxclip together to monitor users but when using fauxclip everything becomes GodModed.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd recommend posting in the FauxClip support thread if you are having issues with it only.

8. Hello, unfortunately when i am spectating a player the camera is way to low (at the heights of the targets boots) so i cant see anything. maybe i am doing something wrong, or is there anything i didnt noticed?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin probably needs a bit of an overhaul for recent Rust changes. It was never perfect or finished though.

10. Do you have time do look into it near future? I am just asking because i look for oportunitys to detect cheaters properly.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd recommend Vanish for that.

12. Vanish doesn't look like the best replacement, cause it has no locked on camera feature like spectate which was great, because i could do other stuff in that time. Will your plugin soon be unmaintained ?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't had much time for plugins lately, but I have been passing some to others. With that said, this plugin should be no different than Rust's own spectate mode being that it uses the same functions.

14. why is it when i /spectate <playername> it only looks at their feet anyway to change this or change the fov. tried f3 and that only works for me when im not spectating thanks :)

15. Same here, can't use F3 to switch cameras.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Admin shouldn't be using this, it's meant for players only.

17. Was trying to let moderators spectate players in a PVP server, but realized they can't change their camera since they aren't admins. Is there a way that could be worked around for other groups besides admins?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin should work fine for anyone that doesn't have an auth level of 1 or 2, just grant the player or the group the permission listed on the Overview and use the commands, not the hotkey, to toggle it. The F3 hotkey is only for auth level 1 and 2 and not part of this plugin.

19. Yeah I know already, they're just stuck in that one camera, was hoping to change camera angles, but all is well.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'll have to take a look at the plugin again soon, but it should be the same as what Rust offers with its spectate.