Spectate

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,562 - First Release: Nov 5, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 31, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. if i use spectate i get the feet of the person?
    cant see there hand or "aim"
    tryed F3 still nothing scroll out gets me closer and scroll in gets me farder away from the person but still want's to glitch back to hes feet

2. Try zooming out with your mouse scroller, had the same problem with Rust's spectate but not sure if it'll work for this.

3. i can zoom in and out but i want to see fps to see if there using a recoil script etc
    as admin F3 dose not work in spectate mode work on myself not in spectate mode

3months ago i could go in fps btw dont know what changed

4. Camera is still way below player POV, and only way to spectate, is to use their SteamID , NOT their username.

@Wulf

EDIT: Wulf already knows about the camera issue, but everyone with this plugin must use the Player's SteamID

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It supports both username and Steam ID, they both lookup the player. What issue are you having with names?

6. I use ingame: /spectate "Kevin" or /spectate Kevin - and both will say No Valid spectate targets!

@Wulf

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does the player have a clan tag or prefix?

8. Weird, works on some players and their full names, and some not at all. When I used the quotes including the clan tag, it worked. But another player I tried spectating with that plugin threw the same error. It's hit or miss basically at this point since the camera angle is fucked anyways. But thanks for the help @Wulf

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The name needs to start exactly like you see it, not part of the middle, not excluding tags that are actually part of their name from most plugins. It doesn't need to be the full name, just enough to distinguish them against any other similar names.

10. I turn on spectate, it teleports me rather far away and underground, and when I turn off specate and it kicks me for antihack violation 1799.147, and 223.2073. This only occurs if I am on/in a building. Hapis Island.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  11. Code:
    [06/07/2016 01:09:45] [Oxide] 01:09 [Warning] 'Spectate v0.1.2' is using deprecated hook 'OnRunCommand', which will stop working on Monday, 01 August 2016. Please ask the author to update to 'OnServerCommand'

12. Donwload this to fix

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please do not post rogue versions. The warning is not an error, it will still work fine. I'll be posting an update along with others soon.

14. Wulf is good with updates so best to leave the fixes to him I have fixed a few plugins like this myself but most the coders are not active and thats the only reason I posted a quick fix

15. ok, i'm sorry

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Spectate with a new update entry:

17. Some ingame names, even if typed correctly, will show: "No valid spectate targets!"; while some names work just fine when using /spectate "Goldec" (for example).

Username that didn't work as reference when called: /spectate "chris1" - says "No valid spectate targets!"

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It uses Rust's player finding, so if the name isn't returning a result, then make sure you are starting it with the EXACT characters in their current name, including the correct casing as well as any clan tags.

19. it did not make a config file

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no config file.