Skins

Allow players to change items skin with the skin from steam workshop.

Total Downloads: 13,438 - First Release: Apr 20, 2017 - Last Update: May 5, 2017

5/5, 51 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

2. Sorry my english is bad,
    Which means... ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1517943902][/DOUBLEPOST]Do you mean that these skins belong to facepunch and that using them would be stealing? That's it? If you have a link for the procedure to add even skins on the workshop (and have an id) I take :)

3. What happens if the whole skin selection is more than can fit in the large chest?

4. Any command for clear cache or memory... to get this to load? I get fast load on first item then it stop on next one...

5. I guees this is a Rust dev. limitation?!

6. How come when i update the Skins.json file with extra workshop skins. they don't come up on my server?

7. probably need to oxide.reload Skins.* or oxide.reload * to reload all your plugins. If the category is mislabeled it should flag an error message. I mean i got some with like reactive.target was actually target.reactive (counter intuitive i guess since in-game and on the workshop it was referenced as Reactive Target^_^). but i found a cheatsheet they put up on github that I've been using CTRL + F to search for the category syntax

edit the hypertext is hard to see on this website but heres the website raw Oxide.Docs/item_skins_list.md at master · OxideMod/Oxide.Docs · GitHub

8. Suggestion:
    could the cs be updated to write out all the blank categories for the workshop section? but like pull skinable categories from the game to the json so if they add lets say "Frog Boot Skins" the plugin will still be relevant.

Code:
    "Workshop": {
       "fun.guitar": [],
       "rock": [],
       "rug": [],
       "etc": []
    }
    So made a template of all the categories listed on the oxide github wiki. Think all available as of now on the workshop are listed minus maybe Vagabond Jacket. would it be jacket.vagabond
    a template for the Rust Oxide mod Skins at https://oxidemod.org/plugins/skins.2431/ · GitHub

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2018
  9. Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2018
  10. how do we fix the skins not loading? It's just blue arrows and they never load.

11. If you installed the plugin but did not restart your server. You should restart it. I had the same issue. Once that is done, you have to just wait abit. Sometimes it takes a bit longer. I usually click on each of them (have no idea if left-clicking helps).

12. @N3VO there is a post about that a couple pages prior to this that explains by using the Doc you are actually stealing and can get banned on rust if the devs so desire, or get sued if so desired

13. 123456

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
  14. Thank you Drakos for letting me know. I wasn't aware and found the post in question.

It was made by the community manager Wulf and he states the following:

"Please keep in mind that sharing complete config files with paid/approved Rust skins is not allowed here as it would be considered piracy. The usage of this to give paid/approved Rust skins to players that do not own the skins is also considered piracy. Any posts sharing those will be removed and warnings will be issued if it continues. Facepunch allows these sort of plugins for specific uses, which does not include giving them away freely to players for normal use.Usage for events, random loot, etc. are examples of acceptable use for paid/approved plugins. There are plenty of unapproved or freely available skins that you can use otherwise, or even have your own made for use with this."

Unfortunately, I can no-longer edit my post to remove the configuration code and I cannot PM any staff about it either due to lack of permissions which is a bummer because Xenforo has so much to offer.

I see this plugin as a tool that helps me develop events and loot so I added all the approved official skins so that I could go through them and pick the ones I liked for the events in question. Never did I think that privacy or anything like this would come up as an issue, especially when I personally have a lot of skins and find it easier to press M (bind m chat.say /skin) and go about my way instead of having to find a repair bench or craft the item again...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
  15. hello i cant see all skins why?

16. you have to add skins. after you add them reload the plugin

17. Bug: items are repaired when skins changing

18. does someone have a config with all possible skin ids on it?

19. Code:
    (18:39:50) | Failed to call hook 'CanMoveItem' on plugin 'Skins v1.2.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.Skins+<CanMoveItem>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__0 (Oxide.Plugins.SkinContainer c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Oxide.Plugins.Skins+SkinContainer].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Oxide.Plugins.Skins+SkinContainer].Exists (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Skins.CanMoveItem (.Item item, .PlayerInventory playerLoot, UInt32 targetContainer, Int32 targetSlot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Skins.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

20. I know there are a few back and forths on here dealing with sharing config files. That being said here's a php script you can use to generate a config and you can pick and choose what skins you have purchased and remove the rest.

Code:
    {
      "ChatCommand": "skin",
      "PreventDefaultSkins": false,
      "Workshop": {
    <?
    $json_file = file_get_contents('http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.playrust.com/icons/inventory/rust/schema.json');
    $json = json_decode($json_file);
    $items = $json->items;
    $shortnames = array();
    foreach ($items as $item) {       
            $shortname = $item->itemshortname;
            if($shortname!=''){
            $shortnames[]=$shortname;
            } 
    }
    $shortnames = array_unique($shortnames);
    foreach ($shortnames as $shortname){
        $sname = $shortname;