Sign Artist

Load custom images to signs from a remote URL

Total Downloads: 39,182 - First Release: Apr 29, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 19, 2018

4.88966/5, 145 likes
  1. that's odd, I've never had a problem with those, just the some of the signs images disappearing and those signs unlocking..

2. Might be something different - but we can all agree that signs are kind of borked at the moment :)

3. Hey, so when someone on my server does the permission it says it has been added to the queue however it never uploads, I saw in previous messages that it is because it wont allow external URLs? I don't know what I do to allow it. I am fairly new to server hosting and still learning what I am doing. Thanks!

4. Signs get wiped after every reboot. Any fix coming soon?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I’m sure @Mughisi will once he gets some time to take a look.

6. so i am trying to download a sign artist but when ever i do /sil "LINK" it just says added to the download queue

7. If you use Canvas frames it stays after server restarts... but on wood it does not... :(

@Mughisi or @Nogrod please fix, thx!

8. how do i fix the dowload queue please help

9. So my SignArtist stopped working, now no matter how close I get or no matter what type of sign I always get this error in chat
    "Unable to find a sign! Make sure your looking at one and that you are not too far away from it."

But like my nose is planted right into the sign... I dont know how to fix it?

10. just to note: players report what /sil saves not all images, after server restart some of them appear as white square.

11. Hi Wulf all my pictures are the same size and I have the same problem with the command silt!
    30 panels with the command / silt and 10% are empty at restart and not the same at each ... I do not understand the source of the problem. This looks like a writes corruption in the cache storage. Example the same image used on 5 same panels 1 or 2 are empty when I restart the server ... Result really very strange!

12. I am also hitting a brick wall with the "Unable to find a sign! Make sure you are looking at one and that you are not too far way for it" problem. I've deleted and reloaded the plug-in several times, just get the same message everytime I try to link an image.

Halp!

13. Removed/reinstalled both config and base file, but I don't get anything other than "You don't have permission to run this command".

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you grant the permissions?

15. I have checked and double checked permissons (which I have) but I am still 'Unable to find a sign...' when using the /sil command
    Any suggestions greatfully recieved :~)

Update:
    After deleting and reloading again, Sign Artist now recognises signs are present.
    However, when using /sil and an url I am given the "Your image was added to the download queue" message but no image is ever loaded onto the sign.

Suggestions please?

Anyone? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
  16. Sadly not, I've seen those go blank too. Seems completely random.
    I've also seen wooden signs that stay. It's always the same signs/paintings that get reset though.

I also believe it's an oxide bug and not related to sign artist as we've had this bug on a server without sign artist installed.

17. I confirm that the signs disappear completely random.

18. Sign clearing every restart on my server also.

19. ive set the plugin up the way shown in the config, but for some reason when the player loads the image onto the sign with /sil the image doesnt load onto the sign, but the prompt comes up with "Being added to your download queue". Have i set it up wrong?