Rules GUI

This plugin displays the rules on connect.

Total Downloads: 9,342 - First Release: Jul 19, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

5/5, 25 likes
  1. I'm changing the image backgound link and then reloading but nothing is changing...

2. Did you unload plugin first and check file on this site first The JSON Validator

3. Yes still nothing happens. Where abouts do I place the transparent image file?

4. config where else and upload the file will take a look

5. thank you

Attached Files:

6. You not see the error in that file the last line should not have a ,
    "<color=yellow>For more info, rules and commands type</color> /info", <------ should be removed also never upload the .cs file its not needed ever

You never checked the json on the site you would of seen the problem if you did just remember the last line has no , but only the last line

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2018
  7. Thanks I already fixed that, my GUI now looks like this. I'm happy with it for now I just want a transparent background how do I do this? I already know how to set images but transparent images don't work. I foudn the following in the .cs file, is it something to do with this:

Parent = "RulesGUI",
    Components =
    {
    new CuiRawImageComponent
    {
    Url = backroundimageurl,
    Sprite = "assets/content/textures/generic/fulltransparent.tga"
    },
    new CuiRectTransformComponent
    {
    AnchorMin = "0 0",
    AnchorMax = "1 1"
    }

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018
  8. Also, what's the code to say a player's name?

For example I'm using RulesGUI and I want a line to say the player's name, so:

"<color=cyan><size=40>LucidRust greets you <player> to our friendly community!</size></color>",

9. the config never saves for some reason i add new rules or even change 1 little thing then i reload on the server and it jsut resets it all back to default.
    anything im missing here?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you are not editing it correctly. In most plugins, if the .json file is edited to no longer be valid JSON, they will reset to default. I'd suggest using a validator such as www.jsonlint.com.

11. im stupid and forgot the , after the 6th line xD

12. Thanks for the mod. Can anyone help me out ...I want to add another button above the other two, and I want to add another page that I can list commands on.