Rules GUI

This plugin displays the rules on connect.

Total Downloads: 9,342 - First Release: Jul 19, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

5/5, 25 likes
  1. sorry if this has been asked before but any way to be able to make text bold and a larger size?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See the Styling section in the Docs link at the top of the page.

3. thank you wulf

4. can you add on other languages ?

5. Can we have another plugin Rules or just have to type rules and not have this message at the beginning of the game. the other rules plugin was very good why stop it?

6. Can you post a screenshot or two?

7. Not sure if this was covered yet but when i select an image address i just get a black background, Is their a special size/type needed for the image ?

8. I get the following error message. Now sure what I am doing wrong guys. Please advice. I want the rules to show up when the players load in but it's not working.

Code:
    Failed to run a 1.00 timer in 'RulesGUI v1.4.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.RulesGUI.DisplayUI (.BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.RulesGUI+<DisplayUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

9. Trying to figure out why everytime I put the info in and start the server it reverts to default config. Attached is what is show in console

Attached Files:

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Nothing related to this plugin, just coincidental log output from Unity.

11. Yea, I figured it out. Deleted some things needed. All good now. Thanks for the reply Wulf

12. has anyone made anything like this ? and when you click accept the code lock noise goes off

Attached Files:

13. Could anyone tell me how i could make it so the background is transparent and make the gui smaller?

So it does not fill all of the screen?

thanks.

14. Same question for me

15. Sometimes the screen shows the content (Rules) with a blank row between each line. And other times, it shows no blank row.

Is there a setting or code that offers to remove the blank row option?

FOUND IT:
    It appears the file RulesGUI.cs handles the display differently for 'DisplayOnEveryConnect' and when a player types "/rule" in chat.

Depending on your preference, Lines 226, 237, 254 and 262 need to be the same, either all showing "\n" (for no blank rows between lines) or "\n\n" (for a blank row between lines).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
  16. I get almost the same error when someone connected. Any clue what it means, or better, what i should do?

This is what i got:

Za.....[1711111/7656111111111111] has entered the game

Failed to run a 1.00 timer in 'RulesGUI v1.4.9' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.RulesGUI.DisplayUI (.BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in :0
    at Oxide.Plugins.RulesGUI+c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in :0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in :0

Any clue? Thnx!

17. Is there a way to put a transparent image?

18. Screenshot - 677e20cf9162621751231c77848a43e1 - Gyazo

above bgrade commands theres 2 gaps? the rest of them are 1 gap between each different commands? this looks kinda weird as only 1 is out? can anyone help me. ive tried changing the break after but it either ends up looking like this or nothing on the page

19. Sorry if this has been answered in the past but every time i change the config it resets back tot he default when i restart he server. anybody know how to stop that from happening. thanks in advance

20. check the config with a json validator. Its resetting because something isnt formatted right