Rules GUI

This plugin displays the rules on connect.

Total Downloads: 9,342 - First Release: Jul 19, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

5/5, 25 likes
  1. What should I do with this, like how do I fix this? I have more in the config that cant fit into the screen so im trying to make it smaller, but that doesn't seem to be working..
    So my main problems are the <color><size> thing, the lack of space, and the /r at the end..

[EDIT]: I fixed the <color> and <size> thing, but I still don't know how to turn off the "/r"

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
  2. You're using \r, not /r.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

\n is right, \r and /r are not; these would be new-line/carriage returns from your editor.

4. I'm not using /r at all, heres my config
    Code:
    {
      "Backround": {
        "Enabled": false,
        "ImageURL": "[URL]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yaqe1qesQ8c/maxresdefault.jpg[/URL]"
      },
      "Messages": {
        "KICK_MESSAGE": "You disagreed with the rules!",
        "RULES_MESSAGE": [
      "<size=20>3x - Solo/Duo/Trio - Loot+</size>,
      \n <size=30><color=orange>Rags to Riches</color></size>,
      \n <color=red>CHAT RULES</color>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>1.</color> Be smart.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>3.</color> Real life threats (not in game).</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>4.</color> Being disrespectful constantly, (using slurs, racially, personally, or religiously).</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>5.</color> Flooding, flaming, spam, printing in capital letters (CAPS LOCK).</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>6.</color> Using other's personal content without their permission.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>7.</color> Advertisement.</size>,
      \n <color=red>GAME RULES</color>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>1.</color> Absolutely NO hacking/glitching/exploiting.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>2.</color> No walling off monuments, however, walling off Quarries is ok.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>3.</color> No groups with NO MORE than 3 players online.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>4.</color> Anytime our tools track more than 3 players, ALL players will be punished.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>5.</color> Make sure your whole team knows the player limit.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>6.</color> Having allies/slaves is considered teaming, be careful.</size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>7.</color> Report any rule breakers, complaints, or ideas for the server, use the command</size>,
      \n <size=20><color=brown>/ticket create 'message' (Be respectful, remember the chat rules.)</color></size>,
      \n <size=15><color=brown>8.</color> Have fun!</size>,
      \n <color=red>Use /rule or /rules to see this message again.</color>"
        ]
      },
      "Settings": {
        "DisplayOnEveryConnect": false
      }
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
  5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The \r is coming from your editor, because you are splitting text onto multiple lines when it should be one based on the way you have it. The other option is to remove the \n and actually close the end of each line and properly start the beginning of each as well.

6. What would an example be of the config? And is it possible to fit all of that into the rules gui?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's an example on the Overview. Make sure to pay attention to the " at the front of each part as well as the " and , at the end every one except for the last.

8. But then how do I fit it all, I quoted everything and the console gave me a wrapping error

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you provide your current config please?

10. Code:
    {
      "Backround": {
        "Enabled": false,
        "ImageURL": "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yaqe1qesQ8c/maxresdefault.jpg"
      },
      "Messages": {
        "KICK_MESSAGE": "You disagreed with the rules!",
        "RULES_MESSAGE": [
         "<size=20>3x - Solo/Duo/Trio - Loot+</size>",
         "<size=30><color=orange>Rags to Riches</color></size>",
         "<color=red>CHAT RULES</color>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>1.</color> Be smart.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>3.</color> Real life threats (not in game).</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>4.</color> Being disrespectful constantly, (using slurs, racially, personally, or religiously).</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>5.</color> Flooding, flaming, spam, printing in capital letters (CAPS LOCK).</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>6.</color> Using other's personal content without their permission.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>7.</color> Advertisement.</size>",
         "<color=red>GAME RULES</color>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>1.</color> Absolutely NO hacking/glitching/exploiting.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>2.</color> No walling off monuments, however, walling off Quarries is ok.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>3.</color> No groups with NO MORE than 3 players online.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>4.</color> Anytime our tools track more than 3 players, ALL players will be punished.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>5.</color> Make sure your whole team knows the player limit.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>6.</color> Having allies/slaves is considered teaming, be careful.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>7.</color> Report any rule breakers, complaints, or ideas for the server, use the command</size>",
         "<size=20><color=brown>/ticket create 'message' (Be respectful, remember the chat rules.)</color></size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>8.</color> Have fun!</size>",
         "<color=red>Use /rule or /rules to see this message again.</color>"
        ]
      },
      "Settings": {
        "DisplayOnEveryConnect": false
      }
    }

I fixed the \r problem, but nothing fits, it just stops at game rules, like everything is spaced wayyy too far apart, same as my original picture

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks fine. You may want to shorten the text.

12. so I cant have all my rules in there? this is what it looks like. Do you want me to shorten it so it goes into a new line or just shorten it completely?

Attached Files:

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can either shorten it or split the text up onto other lines with \n.

14. could you write an example of this because i'm so lost on how to do that... im sorry

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Code:
         "<size=15><color=brown>1.</color> Be smart.</size>",
         "<size=15><color=brown>3.</color> Real life threats\n(not in game).</size>",

16. You might also want to look at ServerInfo if you want more information provided to players.

17. I'm trying to figure out how you do this too... can anyone help

18. first add the permission to the admin group
    oxide.grant group admin rulesgui.usecmd
    Then download the config to your desktop edit it with notepad++ once you add what you want unload plugin upload edited config then reload plugin

Note: only use notepad++ when editing and json file

19. I meant more like how do I edit them with more customizations... and more importantly, how do I make it into a transparent background like the images I've attached? I've been trying so much but I just can't figure it out - did they upload a transparent image or something?

Attached Files:

20. You can add as many lines as you want in the config add colour etc etc as to the image yes you can put anything you want