HeliControl

Moved

Total Downloads: 35,353 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes
  1. Thanks for the update!

2. Disregard

3. Since the last update i am only getting 2 patrols by the heli ?
    I get an initial one when plugin loaded then one more and that 's the lot !
    I then have to reload plugin and get the same again,
    I have set the config as follows
    "Misc - Maximum helicopter life time in minutes": 10,
    "Misc - Prevent crates from spawning when forcefully killing helicopter": false,
    "Misc - Water required to extinguish napalm flames": 10000,
    "Rockets - Blunt damage to deal": 275.0,
    "Rockets - Explosion damage to deal": 400.0,
    "Rockets - Explosion radius": 6.0,
    "Rockets - Max helicopter rockets": 42,
    "Rockets - Time between each rocket in seconds": 0.2,
    "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter between max seconds": 2800.0,
    "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter between min seconds": 1000.0,
    "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter if one is already flying": true,

So i should get one from between 16 Min to 45 Max minutes, but after the second one nothing happens,

I have attached a copy of my log from when i reloaded Helicontrol .
    apart from new timers my config.json is still unchanged and has worked flawlessly for years

Attached Files:

4. I'll look into it, but it should be noted you only pasted part of your config. I can't immediately think of any reason why you'd be having the issue you've described, but I will try to reproduce it.

5. i posted the only part of the json file which had changed (but not on overview page)

Attached Files:

6. is it possible that the heli dont comes this time i set ? i think there is a problem , heli dont spawn, any idea ?

7. I am having an issue with the heli coming TOO MUCH. He spawns like every 30-40 min when i have it set to spawn between 60-90 min.

8. I'm not sure why it would happen. Check your log to see if there are errors, and if the "Next helicopter spawn" message is showing.
    If you don't have "Disable Rust's default spawns" set to true, they could be overlapping. Also, check your log/console for "Next helicopter spawn", look at the time and confirm it's accurate. If it is, I don't think it's HeliControl that's spawning too many.

9. same here :(

10. You can restore the old spawning methods for now if you wish. Just set "Spawning - Use static spawning" to true. It will restore spawning functionality to how it was prior to the recent update. I will attempt to fix the issue(s) with the new spawning, but you can use this until then or if you prefer the old spawning.

Edit: I could also use a bit more info on the issue. Does the Helicopter spawn again if it's killed? Does it only *not* spawn if it flies away? Anything to help me reproduce it is appreciated. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  11. i will try it with my bad english :D

1. plugin reload
    2. Heli spawns after X mins (Random timer)
    3. Heli was killed
    4. Heli spawns after X mins (Random Timer)
    5. Heli was killed
    6 no respawn. Console is emtpy at this time. Plugin reload will "fix" this for 2 times

Same after it fly away. it will spawn 1 more time and then not.

Code:
    > oxide.reload HeliControl
    Unloaded plugin HeliControl v1.2.7 by Shady
    [HeliControl] Next Helicopter spawn: 50 minutes
    KILLED by me
    [HeliControl] Next Helicopter spawn: 25 minutes
    KILLED by me
    No Respawn> oxide.reload HeliControl
    Unloaded plugin HeliControl v1.2.7 by Shady
    [HeliControl] Next Helicopter spawn: 47 minutes
    Calling 'OnServerInitialized' on 'HeliControl v1.2.7' took 501ms
    Loaded plugin HeliControl v1.2.7 by Shady

12. Thanks. I think I've identified the issue, should be a fix out before too long.

13. Btw i updated oxide to 3837 and im getting failed to call hook.

Code:
    (16:46:57) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntitySpawned' on plugin 'HeliControl v1.2.7' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.HeliControl.OnEntitySpawned (.BaseNetworkable entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.HeliControl.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

14. Unfortunately, errors like these are not so easy to track down. Next time it happens, can you take note of what the Helicopter is doing at the time (i.e dying, strafing, etc). That is, of course, assuming it only happens when the Helicopter is up. I'm guessing it's either during a strafe or during it's death, but not 100% sure.

15. Any idea why the heli does not smoke or show flames when almost dead? Heli does not show any visible damage when ready to die.

16. I answered a few posts back, I think you probably missed it. Chances are this is a Rust bug, it should be easy to confirm this by removing HeliControl and seeing if the issue persists. ;)

17. Shady757 updated HeliControl with a new update entry:

18. Thanks for the update! I needed it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
  19. Had an interesting comment today that made me think of a feature.

/callheli calls the heli to the person, but what about a command that calls the heli away? For instance, a command that can be used in the same way with cooldowns, permissions, etc. that pushes the heli either x meters away in whatever direction or sends it to the nearest monument. Maybe even a feature that sends the heli to the nearest player lol Maybe all three! lol

Some players despise the heli. I could see this as being a popular feature.

20. hey you are cute