HeliControl

Moved

Total Downloads: 35,354 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes
  1. Thanks man, I didn't realise this was a thing!

2. You likely granted yourself all permissions, which would also grant the permission "helicontrol.nodrop", which does exactly what you're described. Revoke this permission or use the 'workaround' purposed by tomhud.

3. Thanks! This fixed my problem, just gave it a try and it works now! Awesome mod btw!

4. Hey, I'm getting an error when I try to load the plugin:

Failed to compile: HeliControl.cs(440,68): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `monoTurret', expecting `,', `;', or `='

This is what's on line 440:
    Code:
    object CanBeTargeted(BaseCombatEntity entity, MonoBehaviour monoTurret)
            {
                if (!init || entity == null || (entity?.IsDestroyed ?? true) || monoTurret == null) return null;
                var aiHeli = monoTurret?.GetComponent<HelicopterTurret>()?._heliAI ?? null;
                if (aiHeli == null) return null;
                var player = entity?.GetComponent<BasePlayer>() ?? null;
                if (player != null && Vanish != null && (Vanish?.Call<bool>("IsInvisible", player) ?? false)) return null;
                if ((aiHeli?._currentState ?? PatrolHelicopterAI.aiState.DEATH) == PatrolHelicopterAI.aiState.DEATH) return false;
                return null;
            }

5. Sounds like the plugin was modified in some way. Re-download the latest version and try loading it up again.

6. Alright, will do.

7. not sure if you've considered this.. but can your plugin ensure the heli dies somehow?

edit: like, keep track of hp and if somehow the hp shoots up to max again, immediately explode the heli and drop loot.

8. I have considered workarounds for it, and it should definitely be possible. The problem arises in testing it, the issue doesn't seem to happen that often (at least for me), and I don't know the exact steps to recreate it every time. With that said, I will look into a workaround.

9. Try to keep heli not too close to ground or building. Keep shooting it as it goes down. I saw a jira ticket recently on facepunch that suggests issue might be triggered by killing during rocket run

10. Timings didnt work!
    Granted permission to player:
    helicontrol.callheliself
    helicontrol.Cooldown.0

Config:

"helicontrol.Cooldown.0": 86400.0,

PLAYER CAN`T STILL USE /CALLHELI name - IT SAYS NO PERMISSIONS
    WTF ?
    Can anyone help?

11. It shouldn't be necessary, but try granting a limit permission, like helicontrol.limit.0

12. Doesnt work. Plugin uploaded, server restarted by nothing happens. Please advise

13. You haven't give much (or any) info. What happens when it tries to load? What does the log say? Anything would be useful.

14. I noticed that the heli doesn't shoot it's turrets anymore after installing the plugin.

15. Is this with a default config? Have you confirmed that after unloading the plugin it returns to normal behavior? I did some testing about one week ago and it was fine then.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2018
  16. I’ll do some testing today.
    I’ll grt back to you on it.
    EDIT:
    With default config I can confirm turrets still do not fire.
    Let me test without the plugin.
    EDIT:
    Vanilla Rust heli settings, and it does not shoot it's turrets.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2018
  17. Seems like a problem with Rust itself now.
    Shame :(

18. Thanks for taking the time to mess around with a bit, most people would just ask me or continue to blame the plugin. ;)
    With that said, I will test it out again myself, as I find your issue very odd. Is there any other plugins you're using that modify the Helicopter in any way?

19. I have a few plugins, lemme unload those and test a bit further.
    Thanks for the quick support.
    Also, don't mention it. I have some experience in plugin maintaining as well.
    I know how hard it is to do these things, and I appreciate the work everyone does around here.
    Finishing a heli base now to test it out.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518849675][/DOUBLEPOST]
    After testing it with no other controlling plugins, it is still not shooting turrets.

20. Shady757 updated HeliControl with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1518855421][/DOUBLEPOST]
    While I like this idea, I unfortunately didn't have much time for this update. It should be in the next one, but no promises. ;)