HeliControl

Moved

Total Downloads: 35,357 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes
  1. Hi

When a helicopter is taken out of the air it doesn't spawn any crates i tried some helicopters that i spawned and then destroyed with command /killheli but i did set the config to spawn crates when killed with commands
    "Misc - Prevent crates from spawning when forcefully killing helicopter": false,

2. Make sure you (or the group you belong to) does not have the permission "helicontrol.nodrop". You may have granted it by accident if you used a wildcard to grant all perms.

3. Hello,
    When a helicopter spawns it doesn't say "Helicopter Inbound!", what reason could be?

Thx for your time!

4. Hello,
    pls can anyone help me ? I have a shop on my server and there I have command to spawn heli (callheli) but I need to send it to customer location. I can put there also command strafe, but there i have to write players nick..

5. solved
    callheli $player.id

6. This only occurs with the original commands that Rust provides, I believe. That means "heli.call" and "heli.calltome". I'm not sure why you'd want those messages, as they only appear in console/aren't broadcast, and HeliControl has it's own messages when you use, for example, /callheli.

7. Sometimes heli just decides to keep flying after both parts are on fire.
    Code:
    {
      "Cooldowns": {
        "Cooldown.0": 0.0,
        "Cooldown.1": 2400.0,
        "Cooldown.2": 1800.0,
        "Cooldown.3": 1200.0,
        "Cooldown.4": 1200.0,
        "Cooldown.5": 1200.0,
        "Cooldown.6": 1200.0,
        "Cooldown.7": 1200.0,
        "Cooldown.8": 1200.0,
        "Cooldown.9": 1200.0
      },
      "Damage - Global damage multiplier": 1.0,
      "Gibs - Health of gibs": 500.0,
      "Gibs - Time until gibs can be harvested in seconds": 90.0,
      "Health - Base Helicopter health": 10000.0,
      "Health - Main rotor health": 750.0,
      "Health - Tail rotor health": 375.0,
      "Limits": {
        "Limit.0": 0,
        "Limit.1": 4,
        "Limit.2": 5,
        "Limit.3": 6,
        "Limit.4": 7,
        "Limit.5": 7,
        "Limit.6": 7,
        "Limit.7": 7,
        "Limit.8": 7,
        "Limit.9": 7
      },
      "Loot - Max Crates to drop": 5,
      "Loot - Time before unlocking crates": -1.0,
      "Loot - Use Custom loot spawns": false,
      "Misc - Helicopter can shoot while dying": false,
      "Misc - Helicopter speed": 25.0,
      "Misc - Helicopter startup length in seconds": 0.0,
      "Misc - Helicopter startup speed": 25.0,
      "Misc - Maximum helicopter life time in minutes": 15,
      "Misc - Prevent crates from spawning when forcefully killing helicopter": true,
      "Misc - Water required to extinguish napalm flames": 10000,
      "Rockets - Blunt damage to deal": 175.0,
      "Rockets - Explosion damage to deal": 100.0,
      "Rockets - Explosion radius": 6.0,
      "Rockets - Max helicopter rockets": 12,
      "Rockets - Time between each rocket in seconds": 0.2,
      "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter after this many seconds": 5400.0,
      "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter if one is already flying": false,
      "Spawning - Disable Helicopter": false,
      "Spawning - Disable helicopter gibs": false,
      "Spawning - Disable helicopter napalm": false,
      "Spawning - Disable Rust's default spawns": true,
      "Spawning - Max active helicopters": 2,
      "Spawning - Use custom helicopter spawns": false,
      "Turrets - Helicopter bullet accuracy": 3.0,
      "Turrets - Helicopter bullet damage": 20.0,
      "Turrets - Helicopter bullet speed": 250,
      "Turrets - Max range": 300.0,
      "Turrets - Time between turret bursts in seconds": 3.0,
      "Turrets - Turret burst length in seconds": 3.0,
      "Turrets - Turret fire rate in seconds": 0.125
    }

in the video i show using the plugin vs default heli to show the problem.

8. i watched the video and i dont experience that what u are getting
    Heli is flying sidewards but yet firing in correct direction - weird

i only have helicontrol on my server - do u have any other plugins that can control it ?

9. This issue is actually semi-common, and can be reproduced in vanilla Rust. It's a bug that has existed and not been fixed for a long time. From what I've gathered, the issue is caused by shooting the Helicopter while it's dying (falling down), and/or when shooting it and forcing it into the "death state" while it's about to strafe or during the strafe.

10. none of which affect the heli, tested that already. BUT, Changing "Misc - Helicopter can shoot while dying": false, to TRUE fixed it for me.

This issue definitely has something to do with that variable / heli dying state?

11. Having that set to true may reduce the possibility of it happening, but I am certain it happens without anything modifying the Helicopter at all. If you continue to see the issue, you can try to tell your players to not shoot it while it's strafing or as it's falling to the ground/dying. ;)

12. Hello i have a problem, whenever i call a heli and attack it, even if it gets damage it keeps flying away. any idea?

13. How to produce 2 helicopters at the same time, patrol for 10 minutes, and spawn for 1 hours next time

14. anyway to stop the heli from shooting certain players ?

lets say players spawn with 4 things on in my server is there anyway to stop it from shooting them?

15. It's likely the Helicopter passed it's maximum life time. You can try raising this in the config and see if it solves your issue.
    There is no direct/easy way to do what you described in this plugin. You may be able to combine some plugins, like TimedExecute to use console commands to achieve what you want, but I'm not sure.
    Not with this plugin, at least not currently. ;)

16. I run helicontrol and some other plugins for heli events and I have a hard time controlling how often the heli comes out. In helicontrol I have the following:

Code:
      "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter after this many seconds": 10800.0,
    So after 10,800 seconds the heli will spawn, but this doesn't mean it won't spawn before that time right? This just means if it hasn't spawned yet, it will at that time?

If that's an 'if it hasn't in 10,800 seconds' option, I'd really like to see a setting that limits the heli so that it won't come out as much.

17. I am slightly confused by your question, so I'll try my best to explain exactly how it works:
    When the plugin loads, the value (seconds) from the config option you pasted above is used in a timer that repeats itself every X seconds (whatever you set it to). When this timer fires, which would be 10800 seconds after the plugin loads, it will spawn a Helicopter if there is no other Helicopter OR if "Spawning - Automatically call helicopter if one is already flying" is set to true. If it fires and there's already a helicopter flying it will try again in 10800 seconds, unless the config option just mentioned is set to true.

This means that if someone takes down a helicopter just 5 sceonds before that timer is supposed to fire, a helicopter will come again. In theory, this is very unlikely to happen except with very low timers or very long helicopter life times.

Hopefully I explained the way it works well enough to answer your question in some roundabout way, lol. If not, let me know. ;)

18. suggestion to add call to grid as an option
    /callheli <grid> <amount>
    /callheli N11
    could use same permissions as call to position

as for how to get grid #, looking at grid teleport might help and then doing the reverse to get a position. unless there's a quicker way.

19. When i call in a helicopter with "/callheli myname" the helicopter will fly to my position just fine, but when i kill it it wont drop any loot crates. its kind of annoying for when i want to test out the heli loot tables. is there any way to make "/callheli name" drop the loot crates?
    I also spawned in one heli from the console with "spawn patrolhelicopter" and that dropped the crates just fine.

20. just type - drop
    into the console and bingo,heli with loot.