Gyrocopter

Allows players to fly there very own scrap build gyrocopter ingame

Total Downloads: 5,181 - First Release: Jun 22, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

5/5, 44 likes
  1. When anyone flys, we are getting this in the logs thousands of times: (14:27:18) | NullReferenceException

Any idea how to fix?

2. I wound up having to pull it because the null spam was causing players to get temp bans(excessive packet loss). Granted if I was running on better hardware this might not happen. But still. Everyone misses the plugin.

3. I am working on narrowing down the issue and get a fix.

4. Colon Blow updated Gyrocopter with a new update entry:

5. Seems to have done it. Thank you.

6. I updated to the Oxide build released today. The plugin does not load anymore, I'm getting
    Code:
    Error while compiling: Gyrocopter.cs(29,0): error CS1028: Unexpected processor directive (no #region for this #endregion)

7. I'm not getting the error Jeini is getting. But I'm getting the null flood again. :/

8. Humm.. I am not getting either of those from my initial testing.
    anything specific that is causing it do you know of? does it just start doing it from plugin load @thepiercedweirdo

anyone else having issues like this after the latest oxide update?
    Ill do more testing too. you never know.

9. The flood starts when a player spawns the gyro. When the plugin is reloaded the flood stops.

Also this started happening when a player landed the gyro
    Code:
    disconnecting: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    BaseMountable.NearMountPoint (.BasePlayer player)
    BaseMountable.Menu_Mount_ShowIf (.BasePlayer player)
    BaseMountable.GetMenuOptions (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list)
    BaseEntity.GetEntityMenu (.BasePlayer player, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 optionList)
    BaseEntity.GetMenuItems (.BasePlayer player)
    BaseEntity.OnUse (.BasePlayer player)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    BasePlayer:QuickUse()
    BasePlayer:UseAction(InputState)
    BasePlayer:ClientInput(InputState)
    BasePlayer:ClientUpdateLocalPlayer()
    BasePlayer:ClientCycle(Single)
    Client:Update()Version: 25425
    Keeps getting kicked when he logs back in and tries to land. Same thing over and over. Going to go destroy the gyro for him now. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2018
  10. So, i caved, and tried this on my server. It's extremely cool, but unfortunately it lags players beyond belief when it's around them.. hopefully future updates help with this. Also, an option to fuel this with lowgrade, would be awesome, and make lowgrade quite valuable :D

https://i.imgur.com/byz1rn2.jpg

11. is been running on my server for 3 months now we average 15 to 35 players and it doesn't lag that much.

12. I'll check the plugin over and see if I can get the performance working better for everyone.
    Moving things that do not want to move around can make them angry sometimes.. lol

13. Did the errors finally stop for player?

You still lagging that bad?
    I am planning on adding a fuel system with low grade as a alternate option to the electric grid system.

14. I had to destroy the gyro for him. He was stuck in a loop. I wound up pulling the plugin because of the flood. I'll give it another go later since there was an oxide update.

15. how hard would it be that people can't fly over top of a Building Blocked Bases to be added.

16. Code:
    "CopterDestroy!": {
          "buy": "2000",
          "img": "http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/726eae7agy1foabaqva36j20tc0jitvf.jpg",
          "cooldown": "1",
          "cmd": [
            "copterdestroy"
          ],
          "sell": "-1"
        }
    I tried adding "/ coptercestroy" to GUIShop and found it was not work.
    Code:
    (14:35:09) | Command 'copterdestroy' not found
    (14:35:09) | [GUIShop] Player: Weld Buyed command: CopterDestroy

17. hmm suddenly, i cant spin the wheel to start it, i just get the paint option. I tried locking paint, same thing. I can sit in the chair fine, just no option to spin the wheel?

18. lol the wheel is a physical object to your right Spinning wheel if you're in building blocks own you can't spin the wheel

19. Hi, you need to use console commands in GUIShop, not chat commands.

@ColonBlow, console commands for at least building a copter would be very useful, could you kindly add it? Any news about getting copters survive server restart? With these two enhancements to he plugin we could start a gyro shop :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2018
  20. So I loaded the plugin up on my test server. I think I pinned what starts the flood. If you run /copterdestroy while seated it triggers it. At least that's what causes it when I'm using it.