Gyrocopter

Allows players to fly there very own scrap build gyrocopter ingame

Total Downloads: 5,181 - First Release: Jun 22, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

5/5, 44 likes
  1. Awesome to hear Colon Blow <3 thank you so much

2. @Colon Blow
    Ohh i just saw your video about the Gyrocopter with alot more functions
    does that mean that there will be a premium version similar like Carcommander?
    [​IMG]

ohh well can't wait for that to come out :D

3. The version in the video is actually the older version that required Admin rights and noclip to fly the copter.
    The current version which does not require those was rewritten mostly, and I have not added them back in yet. :)
    coming soon though !!!

4. Hi @Colon Blow , great plugin thanks dude.

One problem i find is, after a short while my copter just says paint sign all the time, i cannot initiate a fly or landing sequence. any ideas?

TIA :)

5. I know it does that if you are in a area you are not authorized to build. But I am refactoring some code to fix that . So building blocked areas like rad towns and stuff can cause issues it seems.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
  6. Colon Blow updated Gyrocopter with a new update entry:

7. @Colon Blow Nice work! This looks great. Lots added since last time I considered it for my server! I didn't add it back then due to the permissions it used to require.

Does the Gyro show on LustyMap? It would be great to have an option to only show on LustyMap if unmanned similar to the car related plugins. Due to the lack of cost for the Gyro and the fact that I would rather not turn the server into a fighter plane simulation lol, I will likely build only a few of them as the admin and not give players rights to build. However, I want players to be able to find them.

Given that, I would love to see a spawning feature where players don't build them, but instead they are spawned in the world based on a set configuration limit. Players could take them, lock them, destroy them - they'd respawn. Personally I imagine this would be more fun as Rust is about exploring. I think this would be a great option for all your great plugins! Rocking the Viking btw :)

Lastly, I see in the video /copterdropbomb, but not in the overview. Does this still exist? If so, can there be a permission to enable/disable this and/or a configuration option to require items for the bombs? For instance, let's say you need satchel charges to reload the bombs. Maybe you can set the item and amount required for each bomb. I worry about people abusing it.

Thanks!

8. well thanks !!!
    - Gyro does not show on lustymap, but that is something to look into for sure!
    - yes, once I finish up the persistence for the copters to save on reload and restarts. I think a spawn feature would be nice too.
    - the Bomb feature of the copter will be back soon as well, needing satchel charges is a good idea too. I had it where you had to fly around and actually find a red barrel to reload the copter. But the addition of adding a charge to the barrel would help control usage a little more.
    - My Viking Boat is pretty fun... lol.. but I am thinking of making it a little more interactive where players can "hit" the oar handle with hammer to make boat move faster...so if players "hit" the oars fast enough.. you can really move.

9. Ah ok. I didn't realize they didn't remain after restarts. Yes, that's more important for sure. Now I see why you didn't make them cost anything to build. Players would get upset when they vanish.

I envision players building helipads on top their bases, protecting their gyros from other players, surrounding the helipad with turrets - if they were an uncommon commodity on a server. Based on speed and height in configuration, the craft could be a major asset when, at the very least, scoping out surroundings in relative safety. Delivering a team on a raid with the netting is quite an advantage too.

Thanks for the quick response! Keep up the good work! I am watching eagerly :)

10. /copterdropnet does not work.

11. I think that it is necessary to add "material and quantity necessary for build" or "cool down" to config.

12. is it possible that you could add a console command to build it on a player so i can add it to my GUIShop ? if so that would be much appreciated and awesome work I've been using it on Rusty Karma for a couple months now my players love it.

13. Yes, once I finish the persistence where they will save when plugin reloads or server reboots. that way players don't loose too much stuff.

oh yeah.. I forgot about that one.. ill work on that too :)

No worky? anyone else having the issue? ill check it out too
    And have you deleted your config file and language file and reloaded plugin?

14. /copterdropnet work for us

15. I've seen this asked already, but I'd like to echo my interest; This plugin looks awesome, but it would be great to be able to associate some sort of material cost for someone to build it. Perhaps pull the required items from their inventory or a chest when the command is run to spawn it. In short, it would be cool to make these available to those who put in the grind to earn one. :)

great work. very creative.

16. Yup, once I get them saving... then ill add some options for build cost :) make them earn it ..LOL

17. Ah what a legend! so basically if im out in the world that wouldnt happen?

Thanks buddy.

18. Need to update, it does not work anymore

19. Just a quick test for me, it works fine so far..
    What errors you getting if any? and have you tried to delete config and language file, then reload plugin?

20. So I'm still getting hit with the unholy "NullReferenceException" flood. I've unloaded, cleared the config and language, and downloaded the latest file again. Nothing I do stops it from happening again. This is with the default configuration. So it's not a setting causing this to happen.