FriendsAPI

Moved

Total Downloads: 24,015 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Nov 10, 2017

5/5, 39 likes
  1. getting this after update on 12/1/18
    | Error while compiling: Friends.cs(183,66): error CS0122: `CodeLock.whitelistPlayers' is inaccessible due to its protection level

2. Saw an error thrown up by PlayerRanks, which has a Friends API option.

Code:
    UnauthorizedAccessException: (TYPE)System.Reflection.MethodBase) at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerRanks.HasFriend
    Is that my end or yours, do you know?

3. Thats related to your RustIO section support inside PlayerRanks, which uses the Reflection method "Invoke" which is'nt allowed (by custom restrictions) on the specific server of the russian hosting company ;)

Therefore you can ignore it: Not your problem!

4. Thank you, as always, Fuji. :)

Apologies for coming to the wrong place. :p

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That isn't this plugin.

6. hi i have installed this plugin but when i type command nothing pops up can any one tell me how to install this perfectly

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd see something, but without any details, we can't really help. Logs, screenshots, etc.

8. Can i also use this plugin Friends instead FriendsAPI for adding friends security lights, or is this plugin different?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They are different plugins, so it depends on the plugin that uses them.

10. Thanks for the info Wulf ;)

11. Hello, I have been using the N-teleport add on and my players were complaining about not being able to set homes in each other houses. So I added FriendsAPI. I am using Clan Forge but cannot get it to work. Do i need to grant permissions through the console? or should it work without?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Each player would need to add each other as a "friend" using the chat command from this plugin.

13. Hi Wulf,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried all sorts of in-game chat commands. /friend add *name* /friendadd *name* etc. but they dont seem to work.

- Trying the chat commands.

Any idea why this might be?

Attached Files:

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin wouldn't be loaded then.

15. I have issue when I have added plugin, I'm on the latest version. Getting the below in console when checking plugin has loaded:

Friends - Error converting value "Messages" to type 'Oxide.Plugins.Friends+ConfigData'. Path '', line 1, position 10

Any help would be appreciated.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like an error with your config file.

17. My config was installed when I added FriendsAPI to server. So my config shows this:
    Code:
    "Messages": {
        "AlreadyOnList": "{target} is already your friend",
        "CantAddSelf": "You cant add yourself",
        "FriendAdded": "{target} is now your friend",
        "FriendlistFull": "Your friendlist is full",
        "FriendRemoved": "{target} was removed from your friendlist",
        "HelpText": "use /friend <add|remove|list> <name/steamID> to add/remove/list friends",
        "List": "Friends {count}: ",
        "NoFriends": "You dont have friends :(",
        "NotOnFriendlist": "{target} not found on your friendlist",
        "PlayerNotFound": "Player not found"
      },
      "Settings": {
        "MaxFriends": 30
      }
    }

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
  18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's a very old config file for this plugin, there's no way that was created via this plugin; so you either had that config on the server already or your host placed that there. You can delete that config and let the plugin recreate it by reloading.

19. I have set it so you can only have 1 friend, Removing a friend gets bugged sometimes and ive to clear their name from data.

Might be because they changed names or something?

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2018