FriendsAPI

Moved

Total Downloads: 24,015 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Nov 10, 2017

5/5, 39 likes
  1. Not sure if it works, i just got this in my console.
    Code:
    (17:09:49) | Error while compiling: Friends.cs(400,34): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' does not contain a definition for `FindPlayerByObj' and no extension method `FindPlayerByObj' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please see the previous posts and update notes.

3. Hi @Wulf, I have updated my oxide and the friends no longer works at all / command / friend is not recognized in game

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your oxide/logs for errors.

5. Link me please? i am not quite sure what post you are referring to...
    Oh, looks like i need to update oxide.
    How do i do this exactly? i use Game Server Hosting | Survival Servers for hosting this rust server.
    upload_2017-5-9_16-30-10.png

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

7. I'm not sure how though, i use Filezilla for FTP. how do you update oxide normally?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most hosts have a button on their control panels; otherwise if you have full FTP access, then you can simply download the latest Oxide build, extract it, and then upload it while your server is offline.

9. They restrict some things, like permissions for files or like.. .exe's.
    Here is a picture though, not sure if it'll help.
    upload_2017-5-9_16-46-20.png
    Would i do "Yes, run update/validate"? with "Mod" as "oxide"? i assume would update oxide?

Attached Files:

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd assume so, but like I said I'm not familiar with their setup.

11. Is that fix is already planned, or my message was just lost?

12. Updated. seemed to work?
    upload_2017-5-9_18-8-49.png

Attached Files:

13. Wulf,
    Can u add that i can change the Friends colors in chat tags?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This plugin doesn't provide or change any chat tags. I'd recommend looking at the plugins that do such as BetterChat.

15. add friends not working on current version: /friend add nickname - not found. work correctly only <= 2.1.4

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is the "friend" player currently connected or have they been at least once before? How are you using the command exactly too?

Not lost, though names are not the best way to add users when there can be duplicates.

17. I guess the best algo is to check only friendlist of a player, and removing by name should work like charm then. In the rare cases you can display all different found names and their steamids. Even if you remove the first of them, it should do the trick. The biggest source of the problem is that it checks all whole db, and that way its likely to find a duplicate names.

18. yes, player currently connected and was several times. testing on fresh server, but /friend add - did not find anyone. as soon as returned to 2.1.4 - everything worked.

19. ... after new RUST - Update "FriendsAPI" not working !

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Details please, we can't go on simple "not working".