Fishing

Allows players to use weapons to fish ingame

Total Downloads: 6,465 - First Release: Dec 20, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 13, 2018

5/5, 24 likes
  1. roger.. ill check into doing a durability loss while fishing. so they wont last forever.. or maybe just making sure they do move a certain distance..

2. thank u for your great job,your plugin is awesome!

3. +1 love this plugin. I'm sorry if I'm blind and aren't seeing it but can someone explain how he set a hotkey for /castfishingpole in the video? It's such a long command for players to type. Thank you.

EDIT: Found it! bind h chat.say /castfishingpole

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  4. So far, there hasn't been any loot found by any players, and the fish caught aren't the same. Some of my players used this as an early source of fat for fuel, but now only get either minnows or 1 slice of raw fish.I tested it for about an hour last night/this morning with the multipliers (even increased everything in the config to improve the chances) and got very little fish and no loot crates.

5. I'm working on fixing the fish catch and chance rolls... should be better. plus a few other fixes..

6. It doesn't work.. What am I doing wrong?

7. Any ETA on the fix? My players really miss this. Thanks!

8. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry:

9. changing fishing.json in config , wait time from 6 to 8 and 6 to 4 and saving, then oxide.reload Fishing results in default config returning. Reloading plugin results in all changes being reverted to default. Not saving changes to config.

10. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry:

11. "_Global - Seconds to Wait after Fishing Attempt with Casting Pole, if enabled (default 6 second) ? ": 8.0,
    "_Global - Seconds to Wait after Fishing Attempt with Spear/Bow, if enabled (default 6 seconds) ? ": 4.0,

reverts to;

"_Global - Seconds to Wait after Fishing Attempt with Casting Pole, if enabled (default 6 second) ? ": 6.0,
    "_Global - Seconds to Wait after Fishing Attempt with Spear/Bow, if enabled (default 6 seconds) ? ": 6.0,

after plugin reload still.

12. Did you delete the config completely first and reload plugin, then try to adjust?

13. Yes as it is posted in overview. I finally deleted plugin and json, then uploaded the 1.4.1 for the second time. Edited json and it seems to be ok. Thank youFor some reason 1.4.0 was not updating to 1.4.1 by overwriting I had to delete the .cs first.

14. Great... I would hate to think players where missing the chance to Fish...its Go Fish Friday !!!!!

15. the 13th !!! :)

16. Fishing is not working. It worked the first time I installed it, but after Aug 2 update, Not working. what am I missing?

17. Fishing is not working. I have tried everything. Deleted config and plugin file, redownloaded. Put fishing plugin file in plugin folder. loaded server.. tried /fishing.allowed in chat and also just fishing.allowed in console. /castpole does not work. Stabbing the water with spear does not work. Please help.

18. are you wanting all players to be able to fish? and have you given them all permssions in your server console?
    example to give all players permissions you would type in server console:

Code:
    oxide.grant group default fishing.allowed

19. Thank you so much. I do not remember having to type anything in last time.

20. So, on my server, im trying to make it to where players can fish for extra scrap. Fishing seems to have a very low probability of catching a fish. But barrels and crates drop scrap every time. So how can I make it to where catching a fish, and selling the fish in a vending machine is equal to or better than busting barrels? can someone help me with this experiment?