Fishing

Allows players to use weapons to fish ingame

Total Downloads: 6,465 - First Release: Dec 20, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 13, 2018

5/5, 24 likes
  1. Sounds good :)

2. Hi,

I'm sorry I'm very newat Rust and adding mods, however I can't seem to get the fishing one working :( I have the pets mod and that works fine in my server, it's just I try hitting the water (the ground ) with a spear and with a bow, there are no logs in chat that come up saying I missed or anything.

I checked when I open my server it says that everything is loaded fine.

3. have u give player or yourself permission ?

oxide.grant <group|user> <name|id> fishing.allowed

4. oh I didn't know how, sorry!

so if my name say was "lucy" it would be:

oxide.grant Lucy fishing.allowed

?

5. oxide.grant user Lucy fishing.allowed

6. and if your name has a space in it, you can add the " " around the name to make things easier.

Code:
    oxide.grant user "lucy lou" fishing.allowed
    And to add a group of people. example to add everyone in the default group:

Code:
    oxide.grant group default fishing.allowed

7. oh my goodness, thank you guys so much it works now!

8. anyway to bind command to key?
    like bind f chat.say /castfishingpole ??
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512000775][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ok tried and it works answered my own question lol

9. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry:

10. Had an idea whilst using this plugin before, instead of making it command use how about using the oxide hook OnPlayerInput and make it so when the player uses for example the RELOAD key whilst equipping a spear it would then activate the command. Seems like a much easier way of doing so. Awesome work though.

11. Any chance you'd consider building in leveling? More you fish, better you get at it?

12. i thought about something like that, but trying not to add a lot of overhead just for a leveling system. I might see about calling over to Zlevels plugin(if installed) or something to add zlevel experience when catching fish, and read player zlevels to give fishing bonuses.

13. Loot boxes are failing to load items in them.

14. Added mod gave myself permission still cant fish ?

15. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry:

16. I'm not sure I'm clear on the update. There's a random loot treasure spawn?

What's that all about? lol I didn't know any such thing existed.

I see it says "By default, there is a very small chance to pull up a Tier 1, 2 or 3 loot crate. argg...buried treasure mateys !!" but how does it work? Where does the crate go? Where do players get it?

17. @Colon Blow How do I go about taking out elite crates spawn ability in this plugin. I use alpha loot and have specific spawning items for all my crates but fishing up elite crates is over powered. Where do I delete it from the spawnable crates

18. Hello, yes, by default, there is a really small chance by default of pulling one up. when I does, it spawn on top of water at the location of "caught fish".
    Code:
    "Chance - Get Random World Item (Percentage)": 1,
    That is the chance to get a loot crate IF YOU CATCH A FISH FIRST !!!
    So by default 1% is really low when you have to catch a fish first, then only a 1% chance on top of that.

With the new crates, I have not setup a exclusion for a crate yet, ill work on that to allow/disallow each of the type of crates.

19. Hey Colon Blow, we love the fishing mod, been using it for a long time... is there any chance you might consider making the cooldown a configurable value, and, allow it to be disabled completely if set to zero?

Also, i think hooking in to zlevels to be able to increase fishchance, would be faaantastic. Even if you just used the skinning from zlevels, since it's essentially hunting. :)

20. I like these ideas.

First off, I'm pretty new to Rust and Oxide but have past experience GM's an old mmo private server for lineage on java. I really dig the concept of this plugin and minus MineAnywhere (which i cannot find a copy of anywhere.... q.q) this is the first plugin i wanted to start tweaking the code on. I have 3 idea's to possibly fork off of or contribute towards this mod.

Idea 1) Fresh vs Salt - how could you have it check the water type like for drinking from a water source

Idea 2) This one I'm currently trying to code/terst but i'm working on the /command to have it check for a water bottle and check for an item and amount (5 scrap or 20 metal) from the json and then remove a # of that item from the inventory of the player

Idea 3) Fishing Hole/AFK Fishing - a Foundation with a Bucket maybe? but a foundation tweak if close enough to water can AFK Fish, but click and drag bait or nets or hooks or something and have it smelt out fish pretty much