Fishing

Allows players to use weapons to fish ingame

Total Downloads: 6,465 - First Release: Dec 20, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 13, 2018

5/5, 24 likes
  1. I've created a foundation right on top of the water, as close to the water line as I can get. If I stand on my foundation, I'm unable to fish(using a spear). Is there a setting to allow this? I can get in the water at the same spot, and fishing works fine, just not from the pier.

2. Are you trying to Spearfish? or you using the /castfishingpole chat command?
    spearfish portion you have to "hit" the ground underwater kinda. the /castfishingpole it should put a "bobber" on the water you are looking at .

3. I'm just using a stone spear trying to spear fish, not a pole.. I used to play on a different server that had this mod, and I was able to build a fish house and knock out a foundation, put a chair by it and fish from the chair. Sometims I would have to kneel to get closer to the water, but I was always able to do it. I've tried every way after adding your mod to mine, with no luck.

By the way, I've put up a server and added this mod to it, didn't want you to think I was just some random user. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  4. cool no problem, I think the updated version that you can cast does have less tolerance if your on the edge of the water. But still should allow you to "attack" the ground under water to spearfish.

5. Is there a way to disable the cooldown on the newer version? Tried the newest version, still can't spear fish from a foundation, it's as if I have to be standing in the water to fish.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  6. I think you can just set the cooldown to 0. and it should bypass it.

7. I don't see that variable in the config file, is it something that I need to add? Or is there something in the cs file I can change?

8. LOL DUH... sorry I thought I added that already.. its something I was working on. But it is not a option at the moment.
    ill try to get the update finished up tomorrow for it.

9. Cool deal! The other thing I noticed not working, is when it says you catch the commonfish2, nothing shows up in your inventory. It says you catch it, but nothing pops up. Oh, and still unable to spearfish from a foundation. I reverted back to ver 1.2.2, because that version lets met spearfish from a foundation. Thanks for all the work on this, love the mod, as do our users!

10. after the upgrade, fishing does not work?

11. After a quick test, it does work fine for me. Is there something that is not working in general? or does the plugin not load at all?

12. The plugin loads and does not produce errors, but nothing happens when fishing. although previously worked well.

13. Have you double checked that the testers do have permissions still since the update /force wipe? (I have seen perms just go away ... lol)
    Normally if nothing happens, it means the person does not have permissions (assuming the plugin loaded fine).

14. Да, разрешение ушло) спасибо, вот я ноб))

15. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry:

16. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry:

17. Updated the Overview video to show all the new features and stuff !!!

18. after the update... fishing does seem a alittle weird.. .you don't get a ground "hit" anymore when spear fishing the ground.. it just does it.. but it still works :) just some FYI

19. Code:
    (23:03:19) | Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerDisconnected' on plugin 'Fishing v1.3.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)  at Oxide.Plugins.Fishing.OnPlayerDisconnected (.BasePlayer player, System.String reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Fishing.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide, you're outdated and on a broken build.