Fishing

Allows players to use weapons to fish ingame

Total Downloads: 6,466 - First Release: Dec 20, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 13, 2018

5/5, 24 likes
  1. i hit it under my Feet.
    I got no message " you have not find a fish"
    River and Ocean wait i can post my map + size if u Need it .. :procedural Map server.seed 2178876 server.identity "1335985.

2. Is there any way to move the UI?
    Right now it's in the middle of my InfoPanel,
    would be nice if this was anchored in the left corner instead of in between left corner and the middle.

3. I will work on getting a alternate location via config for this.

4. Fishing not working as of todays patch

5. I'll check it out.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Any errors?

7. No Errors I was working last night.. Same Config file and its not doing nothing. However do see it working on another server

8. Just tested it. works fine for me.
    If you are not getting any messages when trying to fish, you may not have permission to fish anymore.
    Add the fishing.allowed to yourself and try again.

9. Sorry about that. I deleted all files reloaded, and set permission and it now works.. Ty for the switch reply .. and I apologize once again

10. great idea... will try this one out for sure!

11. Needs an update soonish? 80% of loot chests now show up "Invisible" to all players.

12. Ok, ill check it out later today :)

13. Thanks! Keep us posted. Fantastic mod! =D

14. Well, I tested it out on two servers. I could not duplicate your issue. I upped the chest spawn to almost 100% and every time chest was there and visible by anyone who got them. Have you deleted your config file and reloaded plugin? Or can you give me more specific details? maybe everyone was in a river?

Edit: Or are the chests that spawn not visible to players other than the ones that "find" them? just thought about that one. hum.

15. Strange, I sat with two of my players on my server last night and tried to figure out the issue. We would both use various clothing with various tools in rivers and oceans.

How my guys fish is pretty cool, They would build up a base near the water and leave ONE foundation gap in the center to "Poke". It seems that the less foundations there are around the "Poke spot" The more likely we are to get a chest that is "Lootable"

You see the chest are spawning, We clip against them but can not see nor loot them. We tried this in the open waters and about 30% of chest vanished.

16. love the plugin, much fun! working on editing it a lil bit :D and a text change, not a fan of the silliness and wanted it to be a lil more straight forward, also got rid of the missed fish thing, cause it gets a bit spammy lol, figured I'd share.

LINK: plugin Fishing v1.2.2 by Colon Blow, Oxide plugin. Edited by JDroo ยท GitHub

also a few ideas to add, just tossin em out there!

-Add sound for when you caught a fish, could use the default fish trap sounds.
    -Make it more likely to catch minnows in the rivers and trout in the ocean?
    -Maybe also make this mod tweek the already implemented fishing traps?
    -The chances change for trout and minnows based on how deep you go, like catching minnows closer to the shore, and trout deeper out.
    -Make the containers for loot configurable.
    -Make the container of loot a smaller container, Or have different containers for different loot.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  17. yyaasss ^^^

18. I haven't changed this plug in since installing, and I tested it for a while to check the loot contents. But now all it gives is rockets and rocket launcher. Any idea why?

19. I will check the loot spawn. I know the containers have changed in the last few updates.

20. Colon Blow updated Fishing with a new update entry: