FauxClip

NoClip Simulator for players with permission

Total Downloads: 4,903 - First Release: Aug 14, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 13, 2017

5/5, 5 likes
  1. just added this to my server, and im seeing some jitter while flying, its a freshly new and wiped server. not sure if theres a way to edit the config to see less of this? but any info would be awesome :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's pretty much a hack, so I don't think so. It will never be perfect.

3. um crap.. just made a creative server, and in need of some sort of flying pluin.. thanks for letting me know wulf

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It may be the best thing you can get right now, there isn't really any other way to fly without being owner/mod in Rust.

5. Yes, its something for players other than giving them some kind of admin/mod permission or placing them in a "spectate" mode while noclipping.
    Hopefully one day I can get a much better version. :)

I am trying to see how intoxicated does there noclip for players in there sandbox. it is super smooth and does not give any permissions from what I can tell. But I imagine they have some super geek coders who eat and sleep programming. lol

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'll have to bug him about it. :p

7. Yeah, I thought maybe they gave a Temp admin status or something while noclipping. So i tried it, and it does kind of work good. Other than the timing of admin flag removal ...or mis timing ... can lead to getting insta banned from own server for Antihack : Cheat detected ..LOL. but noclipping is so smooth.. :)

8. Always throws down and back, shakes camera. Need a fix!

9. In the plugins current form of Forcing a players position to allow a simulated hack noclip, its about as good as I can get it. (without spectate)

But, I am playing with giving players temp admin status to actually use the admin noclip.

Initial Method 1 - When players typed /noclip..it gave players a IsAdmin flag. And activated the admin noclip for them. Seemed to work perfect. Until timing of admin flag removal and disabling of noclip gets wacky with lag or glitch or another plugin. Then players would uncommonly get insta banned from that server for Anithack : cheat. no fun. gotta unban folks all the time.

Method 2 - giving players IsAdmin flag after login, then removing it when disconnecting. Actually so far. works great. So this one looks promising. Still testing though. Players can bind the noclip function like admins, but they have no access to any other commands (as far as me and my players can tell). As players are not logging in as admin, they are just getting flagged as admin after they login. Only drawback for this method, and method 1, so far is if a plugin used the IsAdmin flag to authenticate within the plugin, then players would get that access too :(

So maybe something will prove to be reliable and safe to use for a better FauxClip :) or maybe facepunch will move the noclip command to check server side :)

10. In the most recent Rust update, it included:
    • Added another layer of fly hack protection

which in return, causes players to get kicked for Anti-hack when they disable FauxClip very high in the air. I think this "layer of protection" automatically kicks players if they are +100m in the air from the ground, or some other distance along those lines. This problem does not occur when a moderator flys low to the ground and disables. (I don't think so atleast, I haven't gotten any reports)
    @Colon Blow

11. Yes, there seems to be a new layer of fly hack protection. There is a height limit. I was able to trigger a kick just by FauxClipping up high enough. And just as you said, disabling fauxclip up very high. But it only seems to effects non admin players very very high up. I will see if there is something we can adjust other than just disabling flyhack protection with antihack.flyhack_protection 0

12. Alright, thanks for the update! Let us know more when you have time to update it, thanks! @Colon Blow

13. Oxide Version 2.0.1939

Code:
    [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.FauxClip.OnFrame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.FauxClip.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you post the full error please? That is just the debug info below the error.

15. Code:
    (22:10:41) | [Oxide] 22:10 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnFrame' on plugin 'FauxClip v1.3.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

16. Broke completely as stated above after latest Rust Update. @Colon Blow

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  17. Colon Blow updated FauxClip with a new update entry:

18. I'm pretty sure this broke the plugin. I can't use it anymore just keeps me in place and wont let me fly :/

19. Have you tried deleting the config files and reloading plugin? and maybe restarting server/client?
    I retried it on 2 vanilla oxide servers. both worked fine for me. Anyone else getting this?

20. I'll try that thank you
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463788524,1463715691][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This did not work sadly any other fixes?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463788611][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I fixed it sorry about bugging you