FauxClip

NoClip Simulator for players with permission

Total Downloads: 4,903 - First Release: Aug 14, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 13, 2017

5/5, 5 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, your permissions file is somehow corrupt. Did you edit it manually?

http://docs.oxidemod.org/rust/#commands

The "group add" command.

2. What should i do?
    I wrote canusenoclip in the permission [], but now i removed it. both times it didnt work

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

4. Now i get this message:
    Code:
    Oxide] 1:26 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdChatnolcip' on plugin 'FauxClip v1.2.2' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 1:26 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.GroupExists (System.String groupname) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.GroupHasPermission (System.String groupname, System.String perm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission+<GroupsHavePermission>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (System.String group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.GroupsHavePermission (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 groups, System.String perm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Permission.UserHasPermission (System.String userid, System.String perm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.FauxClip.IsAllowed (.BasePlayer player, System.String perm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.FauxClip.cmdChatnolcip (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Any ideia what i should do?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You corrupted your oxide.groups.json file by editing it manually, shutdown the server, delete it, and use the proper commands.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440268175][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sounds like you don't have Oxide installed, else you somehow typoed the command. That command works fine.

73b6fb786fb63adb6987eb8cb8085859.png

6. Now i need to start the server everything from new??
    or only delete this folder and it will be replaced when the server restarts. sorry im a noob.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, just delete the file oxide.groups.json I mentioned when the server is shutdown.

8. I have oxide intalled, maybe my rusty isnt working correctly? But it says its connected and i can change time by typing env.time 8 or whatever.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The env.time command is a default Rust command. Try using "version" to see what that returns.

10. its still gives command not found

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then you don't have Oxide installed.

12. Edit: oops...posted in wrong thread

13. Thank you Guys very much for the help. now everythings works fine in my new server.

14. Hi - players reported getting wounded when using /noclip
    * can fly, but when disabling (spacebar) immediately loose health. If not enough health they die even at two feet off the ground!
    *also choppy - but you know that :)

-SUE
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441663940][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: Is there a way to revoke the "norestrictions" for player group?

15. Yes, I am working on getting a smoother landing. should help out the damage glitch even when close to ground.
    And you can revoke the permissions by

Code:
    oxide.revoke group player norestriction

16. Three fixes seemed to work if can be implemented:
    1. AdminProtection while using noclip
    2. NoWounded while using noclip
    3. Nobleed while using noclip

tried in and out of zone area
    In zone: (nowounded, nobleed) with ap - no problem

outside zone: ap only - don't loose health - but show bleeding on landing

Hope this helps.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441666349][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks!

17. just a question Sue, what version of FauxClip are you using. the current one should be blocking all damage while in Fauxclip mode.

But if you talking about the damage after you disable Fauxclip, that's coming. :) But my players have found as long as you disable it while your partway in the ground, you are good.

18. Version 1.2.2 Enabled fall damage control in your damage mod for players plugin - that has helped :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441847555][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a new question for you: What is the difference between FauxClip and the normal fly mode for admins? (It's a serious question) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
  19. FauxClip really has nothing to do with the admin Noclip, although, we are trying to give players the same "experience" as the admin no clip.

Admin Noclip is a built in function of Rust, and runs super smooth...well.. because Gary made it that way !!
    .- it has No damage while flying
    - flying is smooth and super awesome
    - disabling noclip mode while close to ground is smooth and doesn't kill u from 2 feet off ground, But it will from 20. that's normal.
    - currently not available for players, you have to be admin. the game does not want players to use it... so currently there is no option to give players the admin Noclip.

FauxClip is a attempt to "mimic" or "mock" the movements of Admin Noclip without being a admin with
    - features a series of very small micro teleports to move players, which are normally not allowed by game constraints. But with the help of oxide, it allows us to make use of plugins to help us modify some things.
    - Added damage nullification while in FauxClip mode. so its more like the admin mode. And so you don't die just by hitting a tree.
    - as smooth as I can make it from what I can tell and still be visible to other players.
    - players can take damage while disabling FauxClip, but as we said, the game really does not like us to change anything. But we are. so there will be glitches and things that we may, or may not be able to help.

Plus, as long as they keep updating Rust, Things might be working fine one minute, then broken completely the next. Darn them :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015