1. deleting config seem to fix it thanks.

2. BedIntruder319 updated Customizable Airdrop Hotfix with a new update entry:

The Big One

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Nice work mate. Is there anyway to stop the default rust air drop(where the plane Flys over)

Would rather just use your plug in then the standard rust one.

4. I don't know if there's a way at the moment to stop the current airdrops from occurring. I could theoretically delete all the supply drops that have X and Z coordinates within about 5 integers of 0 (+5, -5) and remove them, and this would basically stop the game generated supply drops, but the plane would still fly over, I'd have to check and see if I can remove the plane.

I'll get back to you on whether or not this is possible. If I delete the plane entity (Every tick check if there's a plane, and then delete it) that may stop the rust default airdrops, but it could also crash the server (For whatever reason, just imagining). But I'll definitely look into it.

5. BedIntruder319 updated Customizable Airdrop Hotfix with a new update entry:

No More Campers Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Since you're only spawning the crates and no planes you can easily block the current automated airdrops, just have a look at the snippet I posted here before: https://gist.github.com/Mughisi/151c82fcbf965e4a65b1

7. Cant you spawn the chute with the box falling?
    so players have more of a visual?

8. I'm not sure if that is possible, I think the parachute is a different entity so we would have to make it so it follow the same path as the box and make sure that it falls at the same speed. We'll look into it regardless, thanks for the suggestion.

9. Alright, thanks. There is an entity called 'parachute_attach', i'm not sure if that's with the Airdrop or not though.

10. I'll do some testing tonight when I get home, I'm not currently at home. I do agree the parachute would be much nicer, however I'm not sure if the crate is a single entity and the parachute separate, or both of them connected, but ill definitely look into getting this arranged.

11. Both are separate entities but you can attach the parachute to the crate. You can basically attach almost everything to anything, sadly it's not the parachute that reduces the fallspeed :p

12. How do I attach the parachute entity to the supply crate, and then despawn it when the supply crate lands? Thanks

13. Would it be possible to include the text of the chat messages in the config file? Then have the admins who want to translate the plugin on your Sparche adapt the possibility of these texts. This would, however, be desirable for all plugins!

14. Sure thing, I just never got around to setting chat messages. Give me about 5 minutes.

15. As the OnLanded() method does not work for manually spawned SupplyDrop objects you'll need to use a timer to do this, basically you create a parachute as how you create a SupplyDrop, then you attach the parachute to the SupplyDrop using the parachute_attach bone with the method SetParent() and then you just need to handle despawning it when it lands and the only way to do so is by running a timer sadly.

Here are the modifications you need to make:

I replaced:
    Code:
        local quaternion = new(UnityEngine.Quaternion._type, nil)
        quaternion.x = 0
        quaternion.y = 0
        quaternion.z = 0

local test_ent = global.GameManager.CreateEntity("items/supply_drop", destination, quaternion)

test_ent:Spawn(true)
    with this:
    Code:
    local _SupplyDrop = global.GameManager.CreateEntity( "items/supply_drop", destination, new( UnityEngine.Quaternion._type, nil ) )
        _SupplyDrop:Spawn( true )           local _Parachute = global.GameManager.CreateEntity("parachute", destination, quaternion)    if _Parachute then
            _Parachute:SetParent( _SupplyDrop, "parachute_attach" )
            _Parachute:Spawn( true )
            ParachuteTimers[_Parachute] = {}
            ParachuteTimers[_Parachute].lastPosition = _Parachute.transform.position
            ParachuteTimers[_Parachute].timer = timer.Repeat( 3, 0, function() self:DestroyParachute( _Parachute, _SupplyDrop ) end )
        end
    I added the new function DestroyParachute that's called from the timer.
    Code:
    function PLUGIN:DestroyParachute( parachute, supplydrop )
        local position = supplydrop.transform.position
        if UnityEngine.Vector3.Distance( position, ParachuteTimers[parachute].lastPosition ) == 0 then
            parachute:KillMessage()
            ParachuteTimers[parachute].timer:Destroy()
        else
            ParachuteTimers[parachute].lastPosition = position
        end
    end
    And I added a local variable to the plugin's scope:
    Code:
    PLUGIN.Title = "Airdrops"
    PLUGIN.Description = "Temporary hotfix for Rust's broken Airdrops"
    PLUGIN.Version = V(1, 1, 1)
    PLUGIN.Author = "BedIntruder319 and Expired"
    PLUGIN.HasConfig = trueParachuteTimers = {}

16. I've tested your code and it works extremely well, except that the parachutes are removed while in air. What could be doing this?

17. Is this happening with multiple airdrops at the same time or with one at a time? As I tested it with one drop at a time and it was working for me, if you want you can send me your code in a private message and I'll have a look at it when I can.

18. Maybe add in config "ShowChatLooterName = true"
    It would be good!

19. You want everyone to know who looted the crate? Don't see why you'd want that but ill implement it as part of the next release that ill most likely release tomorrow (Christmas).