CustomAI

Custom Animals AI

Total Downloads: 2,058 - First Release: Sep 7, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 9, 2018

5/5, 14 likes
  1. You're so annoying person. Plugin works.

2. Hey,
    With +"nav_disable 1" in the startup settings stops all AI, murderers too, anyway of making all animal's stop moving but not murderers so they still move?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
  3. issue:
    players on my server have been reporting the occasional invisible wolf or boar or other animal. they usually die to them. i'll see if i can get a video. i'd understand that one being difficult to figure out.

suggestion:
    one thing that might be cool is ability to disable AI for certain animals. on my server, i edited your plugin to disable the AI for horses. this allows players to use rideable horses a lot easier. might even make less cpu intensive by allowing admins to pick which animals to implement AI on.

4. I'm pretty sure my plugin can't be a reason for an invisible animals. The animal's behaviour instantly destroyed when an animal dies, so the plugin can't do anything without an alive animal. Also, an animal can't attack a player if he farther than an animal's 'attackRange'
    Speaking about enable/disable certain animals - i'll do it in a new version.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  5. @serezhadelaet do you think it would be possible to make scientists hostile? if movement isn't possible, at least stand there shooting like turrets?

6. Bears probably aren't switching between normal and boosted speed. I have set boost to 5.0, and normal to 0.5, and they are always walk slowly, even when attacking.

7. Is it possible to enter this into the "Main Settings" ? And disable the Peace Keepers. I can disable the "Scientists in your Setup. But nothing for the Peace Keepers.....Will this work in the json?????????? ( "Remove all Peace Keepers": true, ) Or do i have do do something in the cs as well/or only the cs ? Please let me know. Thank you.

8. Hi I'd like to understand how can u tell the movement speed inside a Vector3? when u write a server position, I see you add the animal speed inside the xyz. How can u make X Y Z with speed?

your line: Vector3 position = GetGround(npc.ServerPosition + (rotation * Vector3.forward) * animalConfig.speed * rateScale);

Does that mean I can add a new Vector3(pos.x * speed, pos.y, pos.z * speed) ?

9. Could you disable animals detecting players inside of buildings?
    Gets kind of weird turning around and seeing a bear halfway through your wall.
    Almost like you're playing an old version of Rust...

10. Also, this has a huge performance impact.
    My server was running at 9-10 FPS with, the moment I removed the plugin, 250+ FPS.

11. enable navmesh and see what happens :D

12. Server goes into an endless loop of crashing and restarting.

13. serezhadelaet updated CustomAI with a new update entry:

14. ok I tried it AGAIN.....14th time and it's even worse. Your update says "A little bit improved a check that allows the animals to attack." DO you realize the animals attack everything even before this update , and they do more than attack, they can't be killed and they run around like crazed animals with rabies killing all my players and again........u can't kill them. Did you even test this on a live server? I would suggest you hang it up man.........this plugin never has worked and i am afraid it will never work in the future. BUT I have an idea.........change the name of this plugin to ZOMBIE ANIMALS ....then it would be a huge hit!

15. I don't know about you. But I thought about giving this mod a shot. So I added it to the server that has a average fps of 230-250. I added the plugin, rebooted server & the fps dropped to 12-20. I removed the plugin & rebooted. Back up to 230-250.

Only plugins I use are the following
    BotSpawn
    HumanNPC
    HuntRPG
    NightLantern
    NoDecay
    PathFinding
    RadTownAnimals
    TimerExecute
    WayPoints
    zLevelsRemastered

And obviously CustomAI. With CustomAI enabled 12-20 FPS. When 8 of us are on the server, 3fps. I disable it & had 38 people on the server & the FPS was still 200+

So, something seriously broken with this mod for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
  16. It has a heavy performance hog that the developer keeps a blind eye to.

17. Yeah, I was editing my original post when you replied. It has a massive performance hog.

I run a private server from home on a system running 8GB ram, i5 3470 CPU & SSD. I've had 48 people via hamachi connected to the server & still have 200+ fps. But with this plugin, I'm lucky to get 20fps without anyone on it.

The mod is a brilliant idea. Nothing better that Animals that wonder & will follow you to the ends of the map if you let it. But its flawed & destroys the game performance.

For me as I'm a software/hardware engineer. I cheap & simple program codded correctly & fully tested. Will have a bigger success than a big piece of software with lots of features & abilities. But poorly coded & very little testing will just sink into the abyss.

18. I know there is a huge problem about the performance right now.
    It was good before Rust changes, but now it most likely drop your fps to zero.
    I'll try to fix it when I can.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018