CustomAI

Custom Animals AI

Total Downloads: 2,058 - First Release: Sep 7, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 9, 2018

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Error still Shows in Console.

2. You need to download the actual version of the plugin.

3. Thanks a lot.
    Sorry was very late the last days i worked on Server and i saw i put it in a wrong Destination....shame on me :p

4. Ok so i updated CustomAI, now my Server FPS went down to 11-20 fps.
    Unloading the plugin and it goes up to 230 FPS.

I've unloaded all contiguous plugins like:
    BotSpawn, HumanNPC, Kits and Rewards, but the only plugin that causes this drop is CustomAI.

5. same, AI is good IdeaPlugin, but not good to use, because if u used it, the server fps goes very down (players and animals go jerkily) ...

what I do not understand, that the developer does not notice, or does he have a magic - computer? because I have a high-end server and still the fps goes down massively ...

ok, again: good idea, but not good for any server !

6. Was running rly smooth before the Plugin Updated

7. ... this is why i always says: NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING SYSTEM !!! :)

8. Any News?

9. ... i dont use it longer, it make server, player, animals laggy ! :)

10. Getting this today:
    Code:
    (17:25:46) | Error while compiling: CustomAI.cs(603,25): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SquadManager' does not exist in the namespace `Rust.Ai'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Fresh copy.

11. ... dont use it, its buggy :)

12. out of curiosity are you just sticking around on this support forum to throw shade at the plugin dev? seems like it.
    it does an adequate job and i don't see anybody else making a competing plugin. surprise, moving animals costs cpu usage!
    if you have a high-end server as you claim, enable navmesh. :p

13. serezhadelaet updated CustomAI with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1520297714][/DOUBLEPOST]I know right now the plugin works a bit laggy and before that it was better. It happens, because Rust changed some methods to move objects and now I need to move it for a shorter distance with a higher update rate beetween moves. And it's cause of your server fps decrease.
    When I'll find enough time, then I'll try to fix it. So, as I said in the description, don't be angry :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
  14. this plugin is total crap.......i have tried it 10x outta 13 updates at least! the dev does not test his own plugin. It makes animals run around like the have rabies ........and they cant be killed...........and it effects all zombies and other......personally i don't understand why wulf allows u to keep posting this . I am sorry but i have given you at least 10 tries in the last year and it never works ............just delete the plugin.

15. after update again much error-spam in console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and

[CustomAI] Initialized 2753 animals.
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'CustomAI v1.2.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at NPCPlayerApex.DoServerDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Scientist.DoServerDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.DoEntityDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.Kill (DestroyMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CustomAI.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CustomAI.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and

Destroying components immediately is not permitted during physics trigger/contact, animation event callbacks or OnValidate. You must use Destroy instead.

===========

this is, what i mean too, but if u say this here in forum, it make neverending discussion with answer: dev make it in free time and so on :D

we now, that they make all in free time, but its boring, if players want to play rust and they are busy for hours with bugs and updates of plugins, because the players have a job, family and little leisure time and want to use them with games, not with mistakes.
    And if a dev puts out an update, he had the time to program that and why not the time to test it? he can not abuse all the games as a plugin tester;) but such criticism is not liked here, although one does not mean bad at all but just says, what annoys!

why not update first public, if it fully tested ?
    deinstalled too ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
  16. Maybe this is part of the issue. Looks like you probably multiplied all the animal populations by 10. So 2753 stationary animals may not be a big deal on its own, however, as soon as you add AI, things will go down hill. I'm sure that setup would be very taxing on your server resources. With the normal amount of animals I don't really notice the things you are complaining about. Yes, server FPS does take a hit but doesn't affect server. My players aren't complaining and are happy that animals move. While the dev here has said that the plugin needs to change a bit due to some Rust changes, what you're complaining about seems rather un-realistic :p

17. I have to say this since you are not respectful to the developer of this plugin.
    Make the plugin yourself if you know better. Be happy someone has made this plugin for everyone to enjoy.
    If you don't like it don't use it.
    Be kind and respectful to plugin developers who spend many hours creating (public) plugins with nothing in return. (unless you donated money?)

18. amen ... alltime this sermons for nothing !

LAST TIME: we respect ALL works of developer, we say only, whats bad about updates, not more and much !
    we not bad about this bugs, we ONLY tell about it :)

19. serezhadelaet updated CustomAI with a new update entry:

20. lol.....you all not getting what i am saying. I DO APPRECIATE all the work devs put into their plugins. My problem with this one is i have tried it 10x ,each time it breaks my server and to find out the dev does not even test the plugin on a test server and if you look back on all the complaints about this plugin.....and HOW Much time i have and many others trying to make it work.....and how it breaks many other working plugins.......its a joke. TEST YOUR WORK.......if it dont work.......pull it down. Dont keep posting new broken updates to a broken plugin.