CustomAI

Custom Animals AI

Total Downloads: 2,058 - First Release: Sep 7, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 9, 2018

5/5, 14 likes
  1. "speed" in the config refers to their normal walking speed. hostile animals only seem to use boost speed when they are running away (less than 10% hp). for hostile animals i would make the speed high enough for them to catch people but not too high. if the speed is like 1.0 then they wont likely catch anybody. for passive animals, they seem to use the boost when they see players.. so you can make this setting much lower so it seems more natural. for example, set horse speed to 1.0 and their run speed to 2.0. another thing with horses, the default HP for them is 500 so you'll want to edit that too. here's my config:

Code:
    {
      "MainSettings": {
        "Sleep at night": true,
        "Sleep start time": 23,
        "Sleep end time": 7,
        "Passive animals run away when they take damage": true,
        "Radius to find target": 20,
        "Remove all scientists": false,
        "ConfigVersion": "1.1.3"
      },
      "AnimalsSettings": {
        "Bear": {
          "speed": 1.9,
          "boostSpeed": 2.2,
          "health": 400.0,
          "armor": 0.0,
          "damage": 25.0,
          "agressive": true,
          "attackAnimals": true,
          "attackRange": 2.0
        },
        "Wolf": {
          "speed": 2.1,
          "boostSpeed": 2.4,
          "health": 150.0,
        },
        "Stag": {
          "speed": 1.0,
          "boostSpeed": 2.0,
          "damage": 20.0,
          "agressive": false,
          "attackAnimals": false,
        },
        "Boar": {
          "speed": 1.3,
          "boostSpeed": 1.95,
          "damage": 20.0,
        },
        "Chicken": {
          "speed": 0.6,
          "boostSpeed": 0.9,
          "health": 25.0,
          "damage": 5.0,
          "attackRange": 0.8
        },
        "Horse": {
          "speed": 1.0,
          "boostSpeed": 2.0,
        },
        "Zombie": {
          "speed": 1.5,
          "boostSpeed": 1.7,
          "damage": 10.0,
        }
      }
    }

2. How do you spawn Zombies with this plugin?

3. you don't spawn them with this plugin. you can use build for rust or randomspawner or other means.

4. Ok Thanks!

5. can we get hostile animals to not target npc? (humannpc)

6. I'm using BotSpawn myself. If you could get them to ignore those as well it would be much appreciated. My console is flooded with DeathNotes. Though it is funny to see something like "[Death Notes] A Chicken chased down jesus mauled, killed and went on with it's day." go scrolling by.

7. after update i noticed that animals can't cross road so i cant do any of my chicken jokes :p i know they changed the road generation in this update and not sure if it due to that, same with ice lakes. and one other thing do you have it where animals need to feed because i am not seeing any of that either? BTW thank you for this mod, had it since day 1

8. Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'CustomAI v1.1.4' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)  at Oxide.Plugins.CustomAI+AIAnimal.OnTakeDamage (.BaseEntity from, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CustomAI.OnEntityTakeDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CustomAI.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in :0 
    Had a lag spike right after it

9. would not prevent the restriction on the number of spawn animals. too much!

10. I don't understand you, sorry. Can you repeat in different way?

11. a lot of animals. you need to limit

12. this is not controlled by this plugin but you can changed these setting by console command like i have

bear.population Population active on the server, per square km (1)
    boar.population Population active on the server, per square km (0.5)
    chicken.population Population active on the server, per square km (2)
    horse.population Population active on the server, per square km (2)
    npcplayerapex.population Population active on the server, per square km (0)
    stag.population Population active on the server, per square km (4)
    wolf.population Population active on the server, per square km (4)
    zombie.population Population active on the server, per square km (0)

command is simply (zombie.population #)

13. bear.population 1
    boar.population 2 ?

14. correct each has their own settings, just type each one in your console, once they die out they wont respawn because they will be at max limit already

15. needs update no longer works please fix asap thanks

16. Be sure, that you use latest Oxide build.

17. Question-I am trying to find Mod to add BradleyAPC, Patrol Helicopter, ScientistNPC and Zombies to my new server. Is there a config command in game that I need to update or does this mod allow me to spawn them in? If this isn't the plugin that would allow me to do that, do you know a good one to use? It looks like this says it doesn't make changes to those features, so I may be way off base but when I search for any of those, this one pops up, pretty new to the server thing so I appreciate any help!

18. it seems the parameter "boostSpeed" does not work on any animal.
    If you set "boostSpeed": 0.0 or "boostSpeed": 8.0, the animal runs at normal speed.

Also the problem with the "armor" parameter. The larger the armor, the less protection in the animal.

Also noticed that animals with the original AI can walk and only when a target is found they start running.

19. serezhadelaet updated CustomAI with a new update entry:

20. I have a question, I love the zombies especially with the Halloween update now. But I have one problem, I'm running a PVE server which makes the zombies immortal, does anyone know what to change or set in TruePVE or this plugin to make it possible to kill them?

*EDIT*
    Problem solved, after some more fiddling in TruePVE I got it to work :) But there is another problem, I keep getting these messages in the console:

boar[21613512] is being eaten by boar[21607707] but not implemented!
    and also:
    [21625280/76561190005961463] was killed by boar (Boar)

I had to disable the animal killfeed cause it's completely spamming the killfeed, it never did this before though just after this update it seems to appear

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017