1. I'm getting kicked when i spawn in a scientist on a clean server + Oxide without plugins and kill it, but not when i do "spawn npc", which spawns a naked npc

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like an issue with a plugin that is using OnPlayerAttack and changing something else Rust itself.

3. There are no plugins installed whatsoever :p So guess Rust server is screwed

4. +1 to this @Wulf.

I'm seeing this on my test server
    I emptied the plugin folder, rebooted, spawned a scientist via console, then killed him.

I have no special parameters in my server startup script.

Code:
    RPC Error in OnProjectileAttack
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The hook placement hasn't changed, is injected at the correct index, and Oxide doesn't do anything with it; so it wouldn't be from Oxide itself.

6. Ok, thanks.
    Do you know if Rust devs are aware?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They've made ~4 patches in the last week for Scientists, so maybe.

8. Also experiencing this issue. Hopefully they are aware...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520290410][/DOUBLEPOST]
    They seem to be pushing more patches to production now, then they did when we were doing weekly patches.

9. @Disconnect Even with a month of cushion they still seem to do a lot of things last minute.

10. i have the same problems

11. this is a rust issue not a plugin issue
    they removed scientist from official servers till they fix it.

Scientist NPCs disabled by default due to server instability

12. Same problem here with NPC plugins.
    It happens on a server with BotSpawn and another with Arena

This looks a lot like a dev issue
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520357543][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Actually they didn't remove them yet - they still spawn in the tunnels but the standard ones don't seem to cause this problem, only bots spawned by plugins are creating this issue

13. go read the dev blog updates - says Bots Disabled due to instability

14. I did.
    I also just got through my servers as usual, all updated and bots are still spawning inside the tunnels...

15. have u updated your server as there was a server update today.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There has only been a client update today.

17. OHH how wonderful! We get vanish working with bots....and skins start to download and NOW this? i am about to cry lol....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520373098][/DOUBLEPOST]every time one of my players kills a zombie / npc / =scientist they get RPC kicked off my server..........

18. No shit

19. i had one but maybe i was late to update as did the main one thursday.

20. Yeah I know it is, but I am getting RPC errors too this update and thought I should share it in this thread

Ubuntu Server 17.10 "Artful Aardvark"