1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LeoLight

LeoLight Naked Wanderer

The same problem still alive, when the scientists are killed, an error appears: RPC ERROR in on projectile Attack, and players kicked off the server...

I understand that needed to wait for new updates from the developers?
  2. k1lly0u

k1lly0u Plugin Developer

Temporary fix
    Tunnleram, Trippy, smkngto and 2 others like this.
  3. mspeedie

mspeedie Plugin Developer

K11ly0u that works awesome, we tested it on Lost Isle PVE and it worked. Thanks you so much... Bots are back on the menu boys!
  4. Disconnect

Disconnect Scavenger

Thx K1lly0u, I tested this with scientists spawned in via radtownanimals plugin, and people arent getting kicked anymore. It's a great bandaid!

Unfortunately I dont think we can enable the official ones, as these commands all seem to be dead atm;

squadmanager.squad_disable "false"
    npcplayerapex.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance "1"
    npcplayerapex.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance "1"

I get nothing when entering them in to console, or tossing them in server.cfg.
  5. mspeedie

I think those command got disables. you looking at RadtownAnimals or BotSpawn to have them live on your server. Bot plugins are relatively easy to setup (unless you want complicated configuration and kits on your bots (looks at Fred over on Lost Isle PVE)). I have rolled this out to eight servers, and let all the operators I know, know about this fix. Thanks so much!
  6. Corrosive

Corrosive Airdrop Stalker

Those flags were all replaced with the ai. Flags
    mspeedie likes this.
  7. Disconnect

Disconnect Scavenger

Thx for mentioning this!

ai.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_max_junkpile_count "30"
    ai.npc_enable "true"

The boys in blue are back at their piles :)
    ZLO and mspeedie like this.
  8. mox123456

mox123456 Naked Wanderer

I notice this in in my logs.

Code (Text):
    4:23 AM [Error] linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffc6897f000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1 => /home/tcagame/mox/3/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1 (0x00007fd8d0bc8000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fd8d07ea000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007fd8d04e1000)
    4:23 AM [Error] librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007fd8d02d8000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fd8d00d4000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fd8cfeb7000)
    4:23 AM [Error] /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fd8d115c000)
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

That is related to the compiler, not this error.
  10. Ez_J_Clean

Ez_J_Clean Naked Wanderer

So do I just add that temp fix into my current JSON file?
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018 at 8:28 AM
  11. server_server

server_server Naked Wanderer

i am wondering the same where do i put the fix ?
  12. Disconnect

Disconnect Scavenger

Grab the file from killyou's post @ Kicked: RPC Error: OnProjectileAttack when killing scientist

Put that in your plugins folder, like any other plugin you use, then enable the bots how you prefer with the ai commands;

ai.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_max_junkpile_count "30"
    ai.npc_enable "true"
    mspeedie likes this.
  13. server_server

server_server Naked Wanderer

thank you

thank you
    mspeedie likes this.
  14. DYoda

DYoda Naked Wanderer

We are having this issue on our server also... what ive noticed that i find odd is ..

Murderers/zombies no issue with this bots (different plugin)
    Blue scientists @ military tunnel .. no issue
    YELLOW scientists @ outside military tunnel NO ISSUE (dont get kicked for killing this BotSpawn Scientists)
    but every other monnuments yellow scientists = RPC Error in onprojectileattack
  15. Disconnect

Disconnect Scavenger

mspeedie likes this.
  16. mspeedie

I can see commits for AI. If these are in the coming monthly patch this wonderful fix may need revision or removal. I would urge operators to test AI once you are up and running post patch to test AI at various locations. That said this fix is a tiny and clean bit of code to address a specific use case, so I suspect it will not be problematic. Given how volatile AI changes are, it is best to check, as there is no way to know without validation what going to happen next.

A big thank you to k1lly0u for crafting this. You have made so many players very happy.