1. The same problem still alive, when the scientists are killed, an error appears: RPC ERROR in on projectile Attack, and players kicked off the server...

I understand that needed to wait for new updates from the developers?

2. Temporary fix

Attached Files:

3. K11ly0u that works awesome, we tested it on Lost Isle PVE and it worked. Thanks you so much... Bots are back on the menu boys!

4. Thx K1lly0u, I tested this with scientists spawned in via radtownanimals plugin, and people arent getting kicked anymore. It's a great bandaid!

Unfortunately I dont think we can enable the official ones, as these commands all seem to be dead atm;

squadmanager.squad_disable "false"
    npcplayerapex.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance "1"
    npcplayerapex.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance "1"

I get nothing when entering them in to console, or tossing them in server.cfg.

5. I think those command got disables. you looking at RadtownAnimals or BotSpawn to have them live on your server. Bot plugins are relatively easy to setup (unless you want complicated configuration and kits on your bots (looks at Fred over on Lost Isle PVE)). I have rolled this out to eight servers, and let all the operators I know, know about this fix. Thanks so much!

6. Those flags were all replaced with the ai. Flags

7. Thx for mentioning this!

ai.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_max_junkpile_count "30"
    ai.npc_enable "true"

The boys in blue are back at their piles :)

8. I notice this in in my logs.

Code:
    4:23 AM [Error] linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffc6897f000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1 => /home/tcagame/mox/3/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1 (0x00007fd8d0bc8000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fd8d07ea000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007fd8d04e1000)
    4:23 AM [Error] librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007fd8d02d8000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fd8d00d4000)
    4:23 AM [Error] libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fd8cfeb7000)
    4:23 AM [Error] /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fd8d115c000)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is related to the compiler, not this error.

10. So do I just add that temp fix into my current JSON file?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2018
  11. i am wondering the same where do i put the fix ?

12. Grab the file from killyou's post @ Kicked: RPC Error: OnProjectileAttack when killing scientist

Put that in your plugins folder, like any other plugin you use, then enable the bots how you prefer with the ai commands;

ai.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance "1"
    ai.npc_max_junkpile_count "30"
    ai.npc_enable "true"

13. thank you

thank you

14. We are having this issue on our server also... what ive noticed that i find odd is ..

Murderers/zombies no issue with this bots (different plugin)
    Blue scientists @ military tunnel .. no issue
    YELLOW scientists @ outside military tunnel NO ISSUE (dont get kicked for killing this BotSpawn Scientists)
    but every other monnuments yellow scientists = RPC Error in onprojectileattack

15. I can see commits for AI. If these are in the coming monthly patch this wonderful fix may need revision or removal. I would urge operators to test AI once you are up and running post patch to test AI at various locations. That said this fix is a tiny and clean bit of code to address a specific use case, so I suspect it will not be problematic. Given how volatile AI changes are, it is best to check, as there is no way to know without validation what going to happen next.

A big thank you to k1lly0u for crafting this. You have made so many players very happy.

16. Thank you dude. You are so amazing dude. Keep up the good work!

17. I have the same problem too... any fixes???

18. i Am currently hosting a rust game server for me and a couple of lads and was wondering what is the problem with the scientist crashing the server any fixes?

19. Does anyone know if this plugin still works? I have loaded it as I do all other plugins and it says it loads in console, but doesn't generate a config file.
    My players are still getting RPC Error and getting kicked with they kill an NPC.