Custom Spawn Points

Create custom spawn points for your server

Total Downloads: 3,683 - First Release: May 29, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 30, 2017

4.73333/5, 15 likes
  1. Reneb submitted a new resource:

Custom Spawn Points - create custom spawn points for your server

Read more about this resource...

2. can you explain to a complet idiot how this works? i want to make a "spawn town" where people spawn. how would i go about doing this?

3. You need spawns database installed also. http://oxidemod.org/plugins/spawns-database.720/ Then start by typing /spawns_new Now go to every point you want a spawn point to be and at each one type /spawns_add When you have every spawn point set that you want save your spawns by typing /spawns_save name (name being whatever you want to name that data base). So let's say you wanna name that set of spawns town. Type /spawns_save town Then press F1 and enter "spawns.config town" without the quotes into the console

4. thank you so much! appreciate your time to explain.

5. is there any way to make it reload the spawn file on a server restart automatically ?

6. STA

STA

Doesn't work. It sets spawns and then like 10 minutes later it's no longer using them and you have to constantly keep setting the spawns... Fix this..

7. Hey, used this to setup some Spawns inside my Start-Camp, but now I got a weired bug.
    Everything below my spawn is "under water".
    As I placed the spawnpoints on top of an foundation ( a little stone circle used as player spawn, like Stonehenge), nearly everything is below the spawn, so right now:
    - a player connects to the server and spawns in my camp on the stone circle
    - looks around and thinks: wow cool
    - makes a step off the stone circle and... gets wett 100% and starts drowning. And he is running completely regulary around.

Trying to restart the server and see if this fixes it, if not, well :/
    Help then ^^ please

8. STA

STA

I also get that issue ^ pretty bad mod/plugin to be honest. I wish another dev had taken on the task of making it and actually fixed the issues people told them about... lol

9. it uses rust spawn system, you might want to set your spawn point higher in the air maybe (use admin fly to get in the air)

10. Code:
    [Oxide] 8:47 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'ccmdSpawnFile' on plugin 'CustomSpawnPoints' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 8:47 AM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.CustomSpawnPoints.ccmdSpawnFile (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&) at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

11. most likely a wrong argument when you tried to use the command.

12. Will the spawn.config name command keeping after server restart? Would be great

13. after restart the spawn doesn't work any more?

14. sure :)

when not

auto execute spawn.config "Spawnfile" after each restart

15. do i just copy and paste all of this into f1 ?(auto execute spawn.config "Spawnfile" after each restart)
    or this (auto execute spawn.config "Spawnfile")

16. only:
    spawn.config "FILENAME"

When it don't work after restart use an auto cmd plugin

17. that's not the issue. maybe you should listen to people. it is your plugin that has the problem, spawning in a sleeping bag will fix the drowning on land issue spawn again at the custom spawnpoint and the instant you touch water even a river or sandbed or shoreline, you are at 100%wet and drowning. removing your plugin and returning to default spawns and the issue goes away. please try to really address the issue. If you search around for the issue on google, others have had the same thing and just removed your plugin. I would like to actually be able to use it, please fix it.

18. Better not to high....people with an higher ping gets Flyhack-Ban from r-Anti-Cheat :eek:

19. fixed it myself...
    change the first part to this and make new custom spawn points no more drowning on land.
    /////////////////////////////////////////
    // Oxide Hooks
    /////////////////////////////////////////
    BasePlayer.SpawnPoint OnFindSpawnPoint()
    {
    if (!activated) return null;
    var targetpos = Spawns.Call("GetRandomSpawn", new object[] { spawnsname });
    if (targetpos is string)
    return null;
    BasePlayer.SpawnPoint point = new BasePlayer.SpawnPoint();
    point.pos = (Vector3)targetpos;
    point.rot = new Quaternion(0f,0f,0f,0f);
    return point;
    }

I changed the line-> point.rot = new Quaternion(1f,0f,0f,0f); to point.rot = new Quaternion(0f,0f,0f,0f);

20. For some reason some of my players still drown and others dont, any idea what could cause that ?