Copy Paste

Copy and paste your buildings to save them or move them

Total Downloads: 21,412 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 14, 2018

5/5, 83 likes
  1. miRror updated Copy Paste with a new update entry:

2. THANK YOU! Building spawn with items inside perfectly.

3. Perfect for me too. A lot of thanks!!

4. I can't get the API to work after the update.

//TryPasteFromVector3(Vector3 pos, float rotationCorrection, string filename, string[] args
    //TryPaste(Vector3 startPos, string filename, BasePlayer player, float RotationCorrection, string[] args, bool autoHeight = true)

Code:
           private void PasteStuff(string name, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation)
            {           
                List<string> options = new List<string> { "height", "0" };
                //CopyPaste.Call("TryPasteFromVector3", position, 0, name, options.ToArray());
                CopyPaste.Call("TryPaste", position, name, null, 0, options.ToArray());
            }
    Can't get either to work. Tried multiple files. I can paste manually but for some reason the API isn't working for me.

I have multiple debug Puts inserted into CopyPaste to hopefully find the issue and the first Puts isn't called

Code:
            private object TryPaste(Vector3 startPos, string filename, BasePlayer player, float RotationCorrection, string[] args, bool autoHeight = true)
            {
                //findles
                Puts($"TryPaste. pos:{startPos} file:{filename}");
                //findles
    no errors in console

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  5. Figured it out... I was using
    instead of
    0f
    for rotationcorrection. the odd thing is I for sure know this was working before update. I wonder if this was a unity change. Either way, just following up.

6. Feature Request: Could we have a separate permission for /pasteback please? This is so we can give trusted players on a fixed map (from wipe to wipe, same map on our PvE server) the ability to pasteback their old bases if they have the required materials on them? Thanks. :)

7. miRror updated Copy Paste with a new update entry:

8. Hi, suddenly getting an issue when pasting that my structure is oriented randomly instead of the angle that I was looking at it from when I copied it, any ideas why?

9. The one and only shadowfrax? :)
    I have the same issue but the I found out that you can use /pasteback <name>

Keep in mind to use the same map and seed otherwise you have a waterbase

10. Hey, thanks chap, only problem is I've built the structure in one place but want to paste it somewhere else and at a specific angle...

11. You need to get in the right position before copying

upload_2018-6-18_20-10-23.png

12. Would it be possible to create a command that would list all of the copypaste files you have saved? Like /copypaste_list?

Thanks

13. @miRror
    Do you know why it wont let me bind and copy/paste function?
    bind o "chat.say /copy last share true"

One more thing, when paste searchlights are not on, but on when copy

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2018
  14. @miRror Hey, is possible to copy the whole map and put it again in the same seed?

15. Code:
    bind k "chat.say "/copy last share true"\
    set to ready only keys.cfg file after saved

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Code:
    bind k "chat.say \"/copy last share true\""
    The inside " needs to be escaped as it is inside of the other two. Making it read-only is unnecessary, if it doesn't remain that is because if the inside quotation marks not being escaped.

17. I've this on my cfg file and work without problem...

Read-only to prevent rust to added multiple \\\

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not saying it doesn't, just saying that there is a better and more correct way. ;)

19. i will try so ;)

20. Is there a section or website where we can share buildings?