Copy Paste

Copy and paste your buildings to save them or move them

Total Downloads: 21,412 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 14, 2018

5/5, 83 likes
  1. Reneb submitted a new resource:

Copy-Paste - Copy Paste Buildings

Read more about this resource...

2. This is a key function for our built-out mini-game areas for our server. Thanks!!! This makes it possible with all the wipes!

3. Downloaded your updated file, typed in /paste bridge after copying that text into bridge.txt and placing in the data folder and in game got this message:

This file doesn't exist or doesn't contain a building blueprint.

Attached what I copied from the pastebin site.

yes have the resources to build the required.

Attached Files:

4. My bad the text should be namef bridge.json

5. Wow Reneb I think you've out done yourself this time, this is awesome, looked at ground, /build bridge BAM!!!! Damn awesome.

I can only imagine the configuration to do something like this is massive, how on earth did you work all this out or is there a really simple way?

6. I just coded it for legacy so i knew the Logic that i had to pût behind the code :p
    Then it's a "simple" matter of reading the rust code to get the codes that we need :p
    But yeah took me one day to make this one ... Took me like 2weeks to make the one on legacy xD!

7. So because you understand the code and others understand the code, makes it hard for the non coders to make stuff?

8. Actually longer right :p That damn StructureMaster :p

9. Is it possible to add a command to display the list of things you saved and what did the /placeback refer too?

10. Sûre i'll try to do that.
    /placeback is to place back something where it was initially placed.
    Only works when you have the same seed Level. So it's good if you want to save structures before you wipe so you can place them back where they were.

11. Code:
    [Oxide] 11:36 AM [Error] copy-paste: [string "copy-paste.lua"]:283: attempt to index field 'rotation' (a nil value)
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    got this error today...

12. Yes the First time you use it it does that. It's because it doesnt get your êyes, do it again and it works fine :p

13. Grab them when a player connects to prevent the error, use the wakeup command to just grab the eyes and put them in a var, should work without throwing the error that way. Doing the same with the player position in teleportation.

14. Thanks...yep that was it. Also found a couple of anomalies when pasting :) Seems if the elevation is different (and not by a lot) the building materializes and then starts to disappear and you are left with either no building or just fractions of it.

15. Looks cool...now try something of the size 8X8X8 :)

Base save file attached.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415645370][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW this would be a cool way to remove lanterns as well! Copy the base, remove all for the existing base and paste with option to skip a type of prefab, etc...

Attached Files:

16. Rather do like on my legacy clean up plugin: /clean Lantern 300, to clean lantern in à 300m :p