Copy Paste

Copy and paste your buildings to save them or move them

Total Downloads: 21,412 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 14, 2018

5/5, 83 likes
  1. Hmmmmm Any errors? If you disconnect / reconnect do you see the entire building?

2. Ive noticed that the build didnt build for me either but i wasn't on flat land. I have noticed that if it was built on flat land it doesnt like to be placed on a hill thats what I experienced with other buildings.

3. Reneb updated Copy-Paste with a new update entry:

added /cphelp , /cplist , and support for Help plugin

[DOUBLEPOST=1415717755][/DOUBLEPOST]There are no reasons in the plugin do do such a thing :x
    it's possible that during the save it didn't save well.
    try saving it again and see if it works better.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415732463,1415717504][/DOUBLEPOST]what i can actually say is that when it doesn't paste it seems that it pastes, and when the blocks starts to refresh their textures (to match blocks that are next to them) they disappear.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415732525][/DOUBLEPOST]i'm saying that because i can see all of the blocks getting built, then a millisecond later they disappear

4. I have now tried it several times. It is always just inserted a part of the building. I have re-copied it, pasted it in different places, Disconnected and Reconnected. But it is always the same. This error message I found:

7:44 PM [Error] copy-paste: [string "copy-paste.lua"]:286: attempt to index field 'rotation' (a nil value)
    at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

5. as i thought, they get removed by the server for some reason (i added a hook to BaseNetworkable:Kill()) ...
    i'll look more into that, i'll keep you guys informed
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415733521][/DOUBLEPOST]
    yes this always happens the first time you use it. do it again and it will work.

6. i have done it several Times. disconnect and connected, server restarted, all the same.

7. omg dont disconnect / reconnect nor restart the server XD
    just do /paste blabla => 2 TIMES

8. Reneb, I'm guessing the issue they're experiencing is the problem with the player position/rotation returning a table on the first use per player. Just throw something like this in your plugin that grabs the position/rotation on wakeup so it gets the table value out of the way and it should work on the first time they use the command.
    Code:
    function PLUGIN:OnRunCommand( arg )
        if ( not arg ) then return end
        if ( not arg.cmd ) then return end
        if ( not arg.cmd.name ) then return end
        if ( not arg.connection ) then return end
        if ( not arg.connection.player ) then return end    if arg.cmd.name == "wakeup" then
            local player = arg.connection.player
            position = player.transform.position
            rotation = player.transform.rotation
        end 
    end

9. Reconnect and restart I have only tested as everything else did not work. I had the building been 4 - 5 times inserted and always with the same result.

10. after more then 5h of search, finally found why this was happening!
    download the new building-owners and it should be good

11. Thank You very much for your great work. Now all is ok. :cool:

12. Great Plugin :) , now i can build my skyscraper :D

13. Well i kinda like it cause on this rust we can actually make à lot of nice buildings (like that one that made à beautifull maya building that he posted on reddit) and it's à bummer that they have to disappear after à wipe or an update.
    We should make à "préfab" database where people can post pictures / saved buildings to share (or not) but at least they can keep everything for later on.
    I'll see if i'm motivated enough to make à website for it :p

14. actually, that's a good idea, lets just build cities with loot chests and this stuff, before the actual rust releases towns with crates ;) , im sure there is a way to automatically random fill a storage box at a predefined location after some time.

15. This is awesome!

Soon a small database of buildings? :D
    (Need /cpremove for delete old saved house)

16. Aha pretty it's possible yes! Just needs to be coded :p
    Ahaha would be fun to build back bigrad / small rad, etc :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415794179][/DOUBLEPOST]We accidently found out how to spawn radiations yesterday with Mughisi :p we could actually really do all that ^^

17. we should really do such thing ^^ then like same map seed and a plugin which places the town on server boot at the right location

18. With your new update does this mean all previous json files cant be used? Cos I have some files in that directory but when i bring up the list it doesnt display any of them.

Even that oghbase doesn't work.

Talks about no blueprints or file doesnt exist again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  19. You can use them ofc, they just dont display is the list because you didnt save them ;)
    As for using them you just need to edit the name from:
    bridge.json
    To
    copypaste-bridge.json

20. How does this work and what actually happens?

/paste TEXTFILE optional:HeightAdjustment, to paste a building.

So if you've a small hut and you do the following above what would the adjustment do to the hut?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415807206][/DOUBLEPOST]Somewhere else you mentioned about pasting twice, interesting enough if you've a house with many doors, those doors are times by the paste, so the front door is one door, now its 3 doors in one door, looks like one door til u go to open it then there is another behind it, everything is either double or tripled.

I also changed the file as you mentioned, the paste works but the list still says empty.

Good job.