Chopper Survival

Helicopter survival event for EventManager

Total Downloads: 2,510 - First Release: Jan 1, 2016 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 10 likes
  1. I spoke to soon. Played four rounds today and got the infinite issue (as above) on the 4th round.

2. Does anyone else get a bug where the helicopters just hover? They just hover about the center of the structure that I built and occasionally shoot but don't move.

3. We're having the same issue. A fix would be very much appriciated

4. We were getting the same errors.
    I am not sure where you had your event set up but ours was on the edge of the map in the ocean, to keep it away from anyone not in the event.
    After reading through the stream of messages in rcon we thought it might of been because there was no land for the Heli to fall on and was having issues with the vectors.
    We moved the arena/event to land and stopped having this issue.

5. Ours is flying above a lake with land surrounded by it. Only problem we have is that the choppers are stuck in the middle. Do you think that moving it to the land would solve that?

6. ffs, this makes perfect sense!
    Any time I reported back that it was working, the chopper happened to have been destroyed directly above the arena!
    The times that I got the infinite log spam, the chopper was killed over sea.
    Thanks, D1sturb3d.

7. We checked and completely rebuilded the event, set new zones etc etc. The choppers still didn't move from the beginning, also we had ~20s freeze and later on a server crash. This plugin is not working for us after several fresh attemps and doing everything that has been told. We've decided to remove the event on our server as it is instable and we will wait till this plugin works again. It is a great plugin, but it requires some bugfixes first.

8. Russian translation file which throws in the oxide folder oxide/lang

Attached Files:

9. if i die in the arena. the heli fly away over the complete map and dont come back! what can i do that the heli is only in the zone?

10. getting this error
    [Oxide] 20:50 [Error] Error while compiling ChopperSurvival.cs(305,45): error CS1061: Type `BaseNetworkable' does not contain a definition for `LookupShortPrefabName' and no extension method `LookupShortPrefabName' of type `BaseNetworkable' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

11. Please update the plugin! It wont even create a config file for me!

12. [Oxide] 17:25 [Error] Error while compiling ChopperSurvival.cs(305,45): error CS1061: Type `BaseNetworkable' does not contain a definition for `LookupShortPrefabName' and no extension method `LookupShortPrefabName' of type `BaseNetworkable' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

This error

13. Yup...Plugin is dead ^^

14. The attached file seems to work fine.

Don't ask me what lookupshortprefabname is, or does...I have no idea.
    I cut it out like cancer, though. ;)

Also, I'm not seeing any NaN errors and I'm playing at sea.
    Thanks K1lly0u.

Attached Files:

15. I'm sorry to say, it will compile, yes, but it will not work like expected ;) only the change to the pefabname is'nt enough.
    He will publish next time a working version :p trust me

16. It works exactly as expected, so far.
    Choppers spawn, points are recorded, choppers die, and RP is rewarded.

No doubt something won't work but so far it hasn't presented itself.

If it works as a temp version for someone, that'll do me.

17. Then try simply this:

Be (alone) in event, chopper is spawned, let kill you, and wait a few seconds. round about 6-8...not to long, unless you are disqualified from the event.
    What does the heli then? i suppose, he will not stay at the arena ;)

18. I get it...it's not 'fixed'. Still, it's better than nothing.

Edit:
    Just tested and yeah, it flies off under those circumstances.
    Realistically you'd have to wait about 30 seconds before it's out of shot.

Plus, my arenas are at sea and the kits contain bolty + 4x zoom.

If that's the worst this 'fix' has, I'll take it...definitely!

Thank you for the info.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016

19. Best Arena ever....update will follow soon...