BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,681 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Ok, For server owners that are running BotSpawn and TruePVE:

Below, the info seen will allow you to kill npcs if you have DefaultAllowDage: False

If you have any questions. feel free to message me, I'm willing to help

Code:
    // add to Entity Groups
         {
          "name": "npcs",
           "members": "NPCPlayerApex",
           "exclusions": ""
         }
    // add new rule(s) to RuleSets
    "anything can hurt npcs" // allow anything to hurt the NPCs
    "players can hurt npcs" // allow only players to hurt the NPCs

2. Possibly, but a quick short term solution is to set radius to a small number and check the centre of the monument, or just look in the data file for a list of bots and locations.

Other people were talking about disabling/enabling navmesh something? I don't know what that is an haven't done it.

If you've changed any server settings like that, it' probably causing your issue.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501681324][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for that, Krazy!

3. setting navmesh 0
    for serverstart then server start faster without that my server start take about 20minutes,now its take 1-2 minutes

4. I don't know what that means.

5. This may have already been addressed earlier....But, are the bots capable of defending themselves from animals?

I use TruePvE and have tried to do RuleSets for this, as well as trying to stop the bots from killing each other. But no go.

Just curious. Thanks.

6. Hi,
    Right now they fire at, but don't injure, animals.
    The unreleased version stops them from attacking animals all together.

i think that's maybe as good as it gets until we see what FP do with this ai.

7. Don't laugh. When I replaced the config I didn't set activate to true for any site lmao /facepalm

It seems to be working now.

8. I would laugh if I hadn't done the same thing a few times already.
    Thanks for letting me know. :)

9. Do your bots intentionally attack each other, or do you just mean friendly fire?

10. I haven't seen it yet with my own eyes. The kills just show up on the DeathNotes.

11. ah, ok. Cool.

12. Something else odd....Earlier today the NPC's could hurt me. Actually kill me if I let them.

But for whatever reason, now they can't do any damage to me. And I am not on God.

13. for the bots attacking bots did you try to add a rule that they cant hurt eachother ? did you make an entity group for npcs specifically ? I'm guessing you have since you are running both TruePVE and Botspawn?

{
    "name": "npcs",
    "members": "NPCPlayerApex",
    },
    // add new rule(s) to RuleSets using the "member" from the above Entity group. Assuming that you have made that already.

"npcs cannot hurt npcs"

Not sure what you have tried. If you have, does it work ? I haven't tested this myself. Yet

Not sure on the animals, but I'll give you something to try.

{
    "name": "animals",
    "members": "bear.prefab, boar.prefab, chicken.prefab, horse.prefab, stag.prefab, wolf.prefab",
    },

"animals cannot hurt npcs",
    "npcs cannot hurt animals",

Now this wont make them ignore eachother, im sure. but they shouldn't die. I just dont know that it'll work. Test it and let me know.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501744871][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have seen this on RCON.

14. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

15. [Error] Error while compiling: TruePVE.cs(479,41): error CS0117: `NPCPlayerApex' does not contain a definition for `members'
    [Error] Error while compiling: TruePVE.cs(434,29): error CS0426: The nested type `prefab' does not exist in the type `Horse' `Chicken' `Stag' `Wolf' `Boar' `Bear'

Set RuleSets back to how they originally were with no "prefab" for animals and not using "member", but rather "name", then TruePvE was able to compile properly.

Just reinstalled BotSpawn plugin and now Bots kill me again.
    Also Bots don't kill each other. If they do, it is just friendly fire. Although you can make them shoot each other, by making them stack on one another.
    And they can't kill animals, but animals kill them, even with the RuleSets.
    At least for me.

16. Hey guys,
    The support is cool but that stuff would be better in the TruePVE thread.
    It's probably useful info to whoever is writing that one.

17. Will do. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501785894][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Again I haven't tested it, Thanks for the info. Further Help for TruePVE, I can help in the TruePVE Thread if needed.

18. TY.
    I've never used TruePVE but I posted over there to ask if anything's needed. :)

19. The way he has it set up, most things can be dealt with by entity groups and rulesets in the config for TruePVE. Its actually a nice setup. Unless something wants to be difficult or can't be done within the config, then he'll find a way to make it work.

As far as BotSpawn 1.0.7 Works good, seems like they are firing a little bit faster now.
    They are spawning on Rocks and/or half way in them.

I haven't tested them too much as I just updated 10 mins ago, But if I notice anything I'll be sure to let you know.

20. Good to know, Thanks Krazy.